aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Sesaam (L7)Yani (L7)Norio (L2)

Exclamation "File is Broken" Error for Silver Chaos I

Hey everybody,

I'm pretty new to aarinfantasy and I thought I'd try one of the BL games. I chose Silver Chaos because it had an english patch and I'm handy enough with computers that I thought I'd be able to install the game with relative ease. However, the fates conspire against me.

I downloaded the files, they were .rar, and used winrar opened them. Since the game was split between two files I was going to have to use hjsplit to join them back together. However, when I tried to move the files from winrar to another file, a message pops up showing a bunch of gibberish and the words "the file is broken."

This never happens when I move the first file but always happens halfway through moving the second or third and immediatly upon attempting to move a fourth or fifth.

I have tried many different solutions--trying a different link, making sure the link is from a different downloading site (i.e. rapidshare, megaupload, mediafire, etc.), redownloading the same link, double checking to make sure my computer's set to an asian language, etc., etc. (I've also tried finding a link that leads to a complete game download but they're all dead.) The same message comes up no matter what I do and it's positively maddening.

Anyway, I was hoping that someone who was a little more familiar with downloading games would have an idea of what to do because at the moment I'm completely befuddled. *-*

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Valdrigue (L8)Heart 1 (Red)Havi (L6)
    Mookyul (L10)Heart 1 (Blue)Ewon (L2)
    Morinaga (L9)Hyuuga (L5)Labrador (L4)

file is broken means that there is something wrong with the file, not your comp's language settings;p
    hmm... why don't you try 7zip instead?
    i find that easier to use than winrar;p
    btw, from my experience , you don't need to use hj split, right click the first file, go extract here and that's it;p

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

My mistake, 7zip is the .rar file opener I have. When you say that all I have to do is right-click the first file and extract what exactly do you mean? Should I download all the files first? Thanks for your help!

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Valdrigue (L8)Heart 1 (Red)Havi (L6)
    Mookyul (L10)Heart 1 (Blue)Ewon (L2)
    Morinaga (L9)Hyuuga (L5)Labrador (L4)

yes.
    1. finish dl everything
    2. right click the first file and press "extract here"
    that should do it;p

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Well, I finished downloading both of the sections and I tried right-clicking on the first file but there is no selection "extract here." I did manage to rejoin the two halves using hjsplit and open it with 7zip but when I tried to move the .joined file the same message came up. When I decided to try installing it anyway, it just says "install.exe has stopped working." This download seems to have not worked either.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Update:

I finally found a working link for Silver Chaos and successfully installed it. However, the 1.2 patch isn't working (when I click setup.exe nothing happens) and the enlish patch won't install until I've got the first patch installed. Can you give me any advice?

AoyagiRitsuka
    I have the game. Its not as good as it may seem. I can send it to you if you'd like?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Christine2000: Thank-you for all your help but I finally got the patch working. My computer just took a really long time processing it (read at least 3 hours). Yay!! Thank-you again.

AoyagiRitsuka: Thank-you for your offer, it's very nice of you, but I finally got the game to work. Curiousity, what didn't you like about it? I haven't started to play it yet so I don't actually know too much about it.