aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Alois (L6)Hope (L8)Teru (L3)
    Balthier (L6)Claude (L4)Itoshiki (L1)
    Noctis (L8)Miki (L3)Ciel (L9)

Maid Hajimemashita - AGTH Issues

I've recently downloaded Vivid Color's Maid Hajimemashita from the forum.
    As someone who doesn't understand Japanese, I use AGTH and ATLAS to get the gist of the story.

Before I downloaded the game, I looked up its compatibility with AGTH ( Boy's Love Game Headquarters) and it says it needs no extra parameters to operate.
    The problem I'm having is opening AGTH with the game in the first place. As far as I know, you make a shortcut to the game and and AGTH to the Target.
    However, when I installed Maid the desktop shortcut Target has been locked and I can't add AGTH.
    After all that...Has anyone gotten AGTH to work with the available downloads on this forum? If so, how? Thanks!

EDIT - The question actually was answered. Sorry, eriberri! ^_^;;

For anyone with the same problem, I hope this helps.
    The shortcut that the installer creates on your desktop is useless in trying to use AGTH. What you need to do is find the location of the installed files on your computer. E.g. C:\VividColor\Maid

Within the Maid folder you should find the maid.exe file. You can create a shortcut from THIS file and amend the target line to have AGTH work.
    Last edited by voraciouszest; 06-28-2010 at 05:02 AM.

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Louise (L9)Katsuya (L10)Mr.R (L9)
    Sephiroth (L8)Aerith (L6)Vincent (L8)
    (S025) OzakiThor (L9)Chocobo
    Try going to the original .exe (in the folder it's installed in) and making a new shortcut (right click > create shortcut). You should find that this newly created shortcut has an open target field and so you can delete the shortcut the installation created and replace it with this new one.
    This has always worked for me in the 2-3 games I've played that have had locked target fields ~ Hope it does for you too!
    Last edited by eriberri; 06-09-2010 at 07:07 AM. Reason: grammatical error

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Alois (L6)Hope (L8)Teru (L3)
    Balthier (L6)Claude (L4)Itoshiki (L1)
    Noctis (L8)Miki (L3)Ciel (L9)
    Quote Originally Posted by eriberri View Post
    Try going to the original .exe (in the folder it's installed in) and making a new shortcut (right click > create shortcut). You should find that this newly created shortcut has an open target field and so you can delete the shortcut the installation created and replace it with this new one.
    This has always worked for me in the 2-3 games I've played that have had locked target fields ~ Hope it does for you too!
    Ah, I tried that. T____T

The problem with this is that the game isn't saved onto the computer. Basically, the game is run using Daemon Tools, so as far as the computer's concerned, it's running from a CD or DVD. There's no .exe file for me the create a shortcut. >.<

I've tried finding different file versions of the game, but they all seem to be the same.