aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

DMMD Startup Issues

Last night, I finally installed DMMD on my computer. The installation went smoothly, when I opened the crack file to play the game I get a black screen that fades to white, then to black. I can't ESC or ALT+F4 on it either, it opens two game tabs too. When I try to escape the game it just shows me "QUIT THE GAME?" with no other choice. Can someone shed some light on this matter please?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariaka View Post
    Last night, I finally installed DMMD on my computer. The installation went smoothly, when I opened the crack file to play the game I get a black screen that fades to white, then to black. I can't ESC or ALT+F4 on it either, it opens two game tabs too. When I try to escape the game it just shows me "QUIT THE GAME?" with no other choice. Can someone shed some light on this matter please?
    Hello Mariaka!

It sounds like the original CG.NPA file isn't being loaded properly.

May I ask if you could post a screenshot of the folder contents for where you installed DMMd?

Also... Is the drive where it's installed a Solid State/SSD or SD Card, by chance?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hello Mariaka!

It sounds like the original CG.NPA file isn't being loaded properly.

May I ask if you could post a screenshot of the folder contents for where you installed DMMd?

Also... Is the drive where it's installed a Solid State/SSD or SD Card, by chance?
    Hi there, thank you for replying. I'm sad to say that I deleted the folder in hopes to do a clean install since my Administrative wasn't set to Japanese when it was installing, my only problem right now is to uninstall it. But it won't let me, the 'program' still exists in my control panel, and it gives me an error that "this filename, this directory, numeral syntax is invalid". When I try to setup the game, it only gives me two options: "START" or "UNINSTALL".

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Mariaka View Post
    Hi there, thank you for replying. I'm sad to say that I deleted the folder in hopes to do a clean install since my Administrative wasn't set to Japanese when it was installing, my only problem right now is to uninstall it. But it won't let me, the 'program' still exists in my control panel, and it gives me an error that "this filename, this directory, numeral syntax is invalid". When I try to setup the game, it only gives me two options: "START" or "UNINSTALL".

Ahh, yes. I saw your request on Fuwanovel for how to uninstall it. ^_^ I had that happen to me once with Togainu no Chi by accident.

The only thing I can think of, is that the Registry for the game still believes it's installed. I found the Registry key that is making your computer still think DMMd is installed.

Now, I don't normally advocate editing your computers' Registry unless you're REALLY comfortable doing that...

But I have a Registry batch file for you that will remove the contents of ONLY that Installation for DMMd. Nothing else.

Download this to your Desktop, then double-click it to run. It will prompt your computer to ask if you're sure about running it, so allow it to run.

I tested this on my own machine to "Uninstall" and "Install" DMMd this way. XD It works.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hi, I'm sorry to say it doesn't work. It just gave me the options of START or UNINSTALL again, thank you.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hmm... Well, you could try this... COPY the text, including the quotation marks:

Code:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{2C534823-45AB-43BE-9F83-C7E1A824D9B7}\setup.exe"
    Click on START, then press CTRL+V to Paste and hit Enter/Return. See if anything happens. This is the default "Uninstall" program.

Failing that, if that folder with the funky numbers and letters still exists, try deleting it?