aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Lashana View Post
    I've got the same problem with saves... I can't saved the game. Anyone knew if it can be fixed somehow?
    Create a folder named "save" within the Lamento folder. Run Lamento as administrator and Windows XP service pack 3 compatibility mode.

If it does not work, uninstall and reinstall in a different folder other than the default. Run the game again as Admin and with compatibility mode.

Make sure system locale at JP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tjrthtrh View Post
    HI! I Have a question! The Games walking on win 10?
    Yes, can testify.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Us Can I buy the game and still make it english?

Hi i'm a newbie to the world of visual novel yaoi.

Trying to install some games here and there. Now i've tried MANY MANY ways to get Lamento working but so far nothing but errors.

I wondered if I would buy the game from the official website, is it possible to make it english? Or is it english?

(Just in case you're wondering what my specs are and what I did to install the game)

I run on windows 8 64 bit

Downloaded the game from a torrent on this site and downloaded english patch from this site.

Put my laptop on japanese.

Installed it running Daemon tools to use the iso file etc. Installed the 2 patches that came with the torrent download. Mounted the Boot iso.

It still didn't work.

I tried some tricks like:

Installing it on the C: (not program files)
    Running as admin
    Running with troubleshoot compatability (windows XP)

still no luck..

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by DramaticalMelvi View Post
    Hi i'm a newbie to the world of visual novel yaoi.

Trying to install some games here and there. Now i've tried MANY MANY ways to get Lamento working but so far nothing but errors.

I wondered if I would buy the game from the official website, is it possible to make it english? Or is it english?

(Just in case you're wondering what my specs are and what I did to install the game)

I run on windows 8 64 bit

Downloaded the game from a torrent on this site and downloaded english patch from this site.

Put my laptop on japanese.

Installed it running Daemon tools to use the iso file etc. Installed the 2 patches that came with the torrent download. Mounted the Boot iso.

It still didn't work.

I tried some tricks like:

Installing it on the C: (not program files)
    Running as admin
    Running with troubleshoot compatability (windows XP)

still no luck..

Sorry you're having troubles, but it should be easily remedied! o.o

If you absolutely want to support the developers, you can purchase the Windows 10 (It's just called that, it'll run in Windows 8) version of the game, which was built to run on newer computers. The original Lamento was meant to run in Windows XP.

Anyway... The original Lamento can DEFINITELY run on your computer. ^^ No worries.

Here is a simple step-by-step guide that you can follow to try and help you. It's broken down into bite-sized chunks to be easy to follow.

https://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t...ml#post4349789

Give that a shot!

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Flower 1 (Pink)Star 2 (Yellow)Heart 6 (Devil)
    Wing 1 (Left)JingYi (L2)Wing 1 (Right)
    XiChen (L7)GuangYao (L7)Jin Ling (L2)
    Sigh.. this game used to work on my Win10 just fine previously. Then I come back after a year of putting it off and now it doesn't load at all. When I open the shortcut it'll try to load the game but I only get a black screen no sounds either. Anyone have any ideas what happened?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Mahiru View Post
    Sigh.. this game used to work on my Win10 just fine previously. Then I come back after a year of putting it off and now it doesn't load at all. When I open the shortcut it'll try to load the game but I only get a black screen no sounds either. Anyone have any ideas what happened?

You haven't done anything to the folder where it was installed?

Actually, would you mind taking a screenshot where it was installed? ^^ I'd like to see the files and their sizes, please.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    You haven't done anything to the folder where it was installed?

Actually, would you mind taking a screenshot where it was installed? ^^ I'd like to see the files and their sizes, please.
    Installed at https://imgur.com/Bkn9szG & my iso file https://imgur.com/9ZKhK22 I can't remember if I played it before with or without the iso. I think it was with it mounted.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hmm, looking at the files it was using the NoDVD version of the EXE, so you wouldn't need to have the ISO mounted.

Is your Harddrive one of those SSD ones, by any chance?

Well, this may be a bit of an inconvenience, but you may have to copy your Save folder to your Desktop, uninstall Lamento, then Reinstall it the same as before (Here's a guide in case you need it: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t1...ml#post4349789 ), then move your Save folder back.

Sometimes your Harddrive will internally "move" files that it doesn't use often/haven't used in a while, and maybe your computer is having problems loading it. A reinstallation will move the files back to a more actively used portion of your harddrive, and might fix it.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Oh my god, I'm such an idiot Dx My locale was not in Japanese. I never changed it after the last time I played it so I assumed it was still in Japanese. I don't know how it switched back to English (maybe from auto updates?) so I didn't even bother to check it first u.u; Oh well, I did a fresh install before realizing this so it's all good xD Thank you for trying to help Kojichan QQ

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

No worries! XD Glad you figured it out. ^^ Not the right locale is hard to diagnose as a problem for certain games (as some still play and seem normal), but it can produce some strange issues that seem like they could be other issues.

Have fun!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Mink (L4)Angry (01)Aoba (L2)
    Motomi TnC(L2)Love (01)Akira TnC (L9)
    Rai Lamento (L9)Konoe (L2)(S014) Keisuke
    hey koji i'm looking into installing lamento on my new computer(win10), and when i looked at the patch download link the read me said:

"If you are using an old version of the game, use nss-fullpatch for the english text. If you have applied the recently-released windows 10 patch to Lamento, use nss-fullpatchwin10 instead."

I've been trying to figure out what she means by win10 patch, and i'm not finding a obvious thread of where to download or find said patch. Thank you.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast