aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Flower 1 (Pink)Wing 1 (Left)Wing 1 (Right)
    Luka Crosszeria (L1)Hotsuma UB (L1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Whew! o.o Thanks for that detailed list, narrows it down a lot. XD Just wanted to make sure it wasn't something else first.

Have you tried mounting the Silver Chaos Fanbox ISO? It's required to be mounted when you wanna play the game.
    @Kojichan
    Haha Sorry for the long message. ^^"
    Yeah, I also tried to mount the game and tried to run it, but it didn't work either.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hmm ... x.x; I don't want to attribute it to Windows 8, just yet. Or even the latest Windows update that borks older games...

Eh, I'll blast it all out anyway... I don't know if you have the Windows 8.1 patch on your Windows 8, but it's been out for a while so I think I can safely assume you have it.

----

However, there was a recent Windows Update that actually killed games running SecurROM and SafeDisc for anti-piracy checks by disabling the driver that does the checks. Basically, older games that check to make sure the CD is in the drive before starting. I don't know if the SilverChaos fandisk falls into this area or not, so to make sure, if you have Togainu no Chi, try running that. If you get an error in Japanese that starts with the text string: "Administrator", then you have this Windows Update.

You can re-enable the driver by opening up a CMD prompt, using Administrator mode, and type in:

sc start secdrv
    Then try running TnC. If you don't have that "Administrator" error, then try running Silver Chaos Fanbox again to see if that works.

----

Maybe try a different mounting program? I don't know what you're running, but sometimes switching programs works. I used to use Virtual Clone Drive religiously, but then I couldn't get TnC to work, so I switched to Daemon Tools Lite and it just miraculously started working. Sometimes I still have to switch around to get a game to work. Try switching?

----

Lastly, would you mind taking a screenshot of the folder you installed the Fanbox to? ^^ I want to check the filesizes and files in the folder... Maybe we can shed some light. x.x;;;

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

@Kojichan
    So I tried to run the Togainu no Chi game and I did get that "Administrator" error. I tried run the cmd, but I'm not sure how I should enter it, so I pretty much just copy and paste the way you told me to enter it in the cmd then press enter but it said Start Service Fail 1058.
    Can you tell me how I should enter the letters in the cmd?
    Idk if I should added any under score or such to get it to work correctly.
    Last edited by SakuraYamashita; 10-05-2015 at 01:46 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraYamashita View Post

@Kojichan
    So I tried to run the Togainu no Chi game and I did get that "Administrator" error. I tried run the cmd, but I'm not sure how I should enter it, so I pretty much just copy and paste the way you told me to enter it in the cmd then press enter but it said Start Service Fail 1058.
    Can you tell me how I should enter the letters in the cmd?
    Idk if I should added any under score or such to get it to work correctly.

Sorry about that, I guess the one command wasn't enough.

And yes, just copy and pasting works fine. ^^ They should be exactly what is here, no underscores. So, do this instead:

(Open a CMD window in Administration mode)

Code:
    sc config secdrv start=auto
    (hit enter, then

Code:
    sc start secdrv
    And for safety measure, restart your computer and try again.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

@Kojichan
    I tried the code you gave me, and it says that it was a success. I restarted my laptop then I tried to run the TNC gave, it showed the game banner but then a pop up showed up something bout a game disc error then it has Japanese words after that, I already have the game ISO mounted so Idk why it showed that error. I then tried to run the Silver Chaos Fantasia game, but it still had the mainsystem.exe error.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Erm, I seemed to have missed what you said you use for an ISO mounting program. ^^;;; What do you use, again?

If Togainu no Chi is saying the game disc isn't "inserted" when it's clearly mounted on your computer, then maybe your mounting program won't work with these games? Have you tried other mounting programs?

There's Daemon Tools Lite, and Virtual Clone Drive. I use one or the either, depending on which game complains. Give the other one a try!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

@Kojichan
    I use Daemon Tools Lite, but it was the latest version of it though. I read through some posts and it says to install the older version of Daemon, so I uninstalled the latest version and re installed the older version (4.40.2 I think).
    After doing so, I was able to get the TNC game to run perfectly, but the Silver Chaos Fantasia still didn't work though.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Gosh... x.x; What a stubborn game...

At least Togainu no Chi works for you now... Haha! Erm, yeah. Sorry....

You mind taking a screenshot of the folder where you installed SCFB to? The PACK folder more specifically. Like these:

silverchaos_fanbox_pack.jpg

I know you mentioned you tried a lot of things mentioned around the forum, but was what this person suggested for Windows 8 also on the list of things you've tried?
    ( http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t1...ml#post4266581 )

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

@Kojichan
    Here's the screen shot.
    I also tried the method of replacing the Grphic file from the Pack folder but that didn't work either. I also added the screenshot for that method too.
    Attachment 169587Attachment 169588Attachment 169590

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hmm, those screenshots aren't working.

And, oh poopie... You tried copying the graphic.cmp file from the mounted ISO and pasted it into the folder on your computer, and it still didn't work?

x_x;; Argh, I'm really not sure. I'm really sorry....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast