aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Silver chaos: eternal fantasia doesn't require you to change the "non-unicode" setting to japanese, it should run fine on a english system.

blueberry_3_27 I get the same error right after the opening song and I don't know how to fix it.....
    Ok as far as I remember there is no opening song in eternal fantasia, if you're speaking about the original game there is probably a fix there: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f16/t5...port-need.html

As for the problem with eternal fantasia, the patch and vista I really can't do much about it since I don't have vista on any of my computers to debug the program... Sorry...

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

To MrCat:
    Yes, I am still having a problem, but it is not with installing. I can install and play the game in Japanese, but I can't get the game to work after installing the English patch. I have tried multiple game downloads and multiple English patches, but nothing is working.

Can anyone help me?
    Last edited by shutterboxrat; 09-29-2009 at 10:06 PM.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

MokonaYuuri (L6)Goku (L6)
    Murata (L7)Wolfram (L10)Sanzo (L10)
    Saralegui (L3)Yuki Eiri (L10)Berias (L1)
    Bumping this thread up with a reply in hopes of getting an answer... I have the exact same problem as cooro and shutterboxrat, and I am running on Vista. The games works fine if I don't run it with the patch, but as soon as I add the patch it complains about the MainSystem.exe file and shuts down. Please help!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Serenio View Post
    Bumping this thread up with a reply in hopes of getting an answer... I have the exact same problem as cooro and shutterboxrat, and I am running on Vista. The games works fine if I don't run it with the patch, but as soon as I add the patch it complains about the MainSystem.exe file and shuts down. Please help!
    Same here, is there something wrong with the patch?

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Ren Katakura (L8)Ibuki Takahara (L8)(S013) Akihito
    (S014) KeisukeRyouta Sasamori (L7)Souma Yukihira (L7)
    Jack Frost (L9)Todoroki Shouto (L3)Genos (L8)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugao View Post
    Ahm, have you tried right clicking on the shortcut to play the game and go run as admin ??
    F

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

solution found in patching issue (for me that is)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugao View Post

Um, it's been a long time I know since this thread was last replied to so I don't know if everyone had solved this issue.

I've only recently downloaded Silver Chaos Eternal Fantasia (yeah, I know...) and got the same issue as well after patching the english translation. After several hours spent looking for options and even tinkering with the avi file deletion and region change to Japanese, I found a solution.

What I did is, after patching the game, right click the link in the desktop to the game and choose properties. In the compatibility tab, I clicked the check box stating "disable display scaling on high DPI settings"

Mind you, I expected to get the mainsystem.exe error again but to my surprise, the game actually started! And it's patched in english successfully!

Upon deeper inspection, if you click the option to run it in 256 colours, it works as well but the resulting colours in the game are less desired...

I did not chose to run it as admin nor did I hit the compatibility option to windows xp or anything other.

I hope this may help whoever experienced the same issue.

Btw, I'm running on Windows 7 (32 bit I believe but the seller told me it was 64bit (Hmph!) with my Acer laptop.

Cheers!

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Izuki Shun (L4)Hotsuma UB (L1)(Event) IRC - Ritsu
    Himi (L2)Ritsu (L3)Tori (L3)
    Chiaki (L8)Touya (L1)Gintoki (L4)
    I just successfully installed the game but when I tried to install the english patch, it kept saying that I need to install the full version in order to install the patch?

Could anyone help me with that? I'm not sure how to fix it.

Thanks

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Akira TnC (L9)Shiki (L9)Cloud (L9)
    Noctis (L8)L (L4)Konoe (L2)
    Agito (L3)Rai / Cadis Etrama di Raizel (L1)Zero (L4)
    can anyone help with this?
    so ive played the game aready, it worked fine and so did the english patch.
    but after i closed it and wanted to reopen it again, i get the mainsystem error.
    after, i tried the 'disable display scaling on high DPI settings' option, and it worked, but after i closed it again, the error popped up again.

so basically after everytime i close it, the last solution i use somehow becomes useless.
    the actual mainsystem.exe works though, but its in japanese, and apparently the english patch didnt work on it.
    its the actual game which i used the patch on that wont open.
    does anyone have a solution to this?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

MokkunTimcanpyMokona
    Fye (L5)
    I had the same problem too. What I did to solve it was to put all of the programs into a single folder and it worked for me. Hope it helps

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by katkat15 View Post
    can anyone help with this?
    so ive played the game aready, it worked fine and so did the english patch.
    but after i closed it and wanted to reopen it again, i get the mainsystem error.
    after, i tried the 'disable display scaling on high DPI settings' option, and it worked, but after i closed it again, the error popped up again.

so basically after everytime i close it, the last solution i use somehow becomes useless.
    the actual mainsystem.exe works though, but its in japanese, and apparently the english patch didnt work on it.
    its the actual game which i used the patch on that wont open.
    does anyone have a solution to this?
    Same problem. Man...I installed, patched, and played Silver Chaos Fanbox: Eternal Fantasia yesterday. I had no problem at all. I completed every after story and even played one of the minigames. However, when I tried to open it today I kept getting the MainSystem.exe error. I've tried everything that people listed out already on this thread.

I reinstalled it and the Japanese game without the patch plays without a hitch. But when I close the game, patch it, it immediately crashes. I've run compatibility Win XP Service Pack 3, run as administrator, disabled the high DPI, and even tried to putting everything into one folder. Nothing. Nada.

EDIT:
    I installed the game on an older computer with a Windows XP. It runs perfectly...Guess the game just hates higher OS.
    Last edited by xblkdragonx; 01-25-2013 at 12:27 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast