aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CreamyNeko4

Question .ape format converter ~:sparkly eyes:~ Please help!

I wasn't sure whether to put this into "everything else" or not, but it seems the converter problems have all been posted here.

Well I recently downloaded a whole batch of albums, and they are all in .ape format. I would really like to know about a converter that can either convert it to mp3 (preferably) or ipod format.

The thing is, because of the nature of .ape format, each album is put into one big .ape format file, and it would be really useful if the converter could seperate the larger file into the proper original files, splitting them as such. I heard that it isn't impossible to find a converter that can do this. I don't even mind if it's just a free trial, I really don't.

Thanks so much in advance, as well as to those people who looked in vain. It's appreciated. ^_^

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Shiki R (L6)Saber (L10)Ayase (L8)
    Ai Enma (L8)Yuuki (L9)Soubi (L10)
    Rukia (L10)Xmas (013)Pray for Japan

I never heard about the .ape format, so I can't really help you on that. But maybe you should try to find it in mp3 instead!?

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)(S019) TinkleWing 1 (Right)
    Spacer 1Heart 4 (Rainbow)Spacer 1
    Luffy (L10)Sanji (L9)Ace (L10)

To convert .ape files you need to use Monkey's Audio converter.

To split whole albums in single songs you need another file with .cue extension. Usually files are like that:
    Code:
    CDImage.ape
    CDImage.cue ←
    Let me know if you have this file so I can explain how to split and convert it.

If you don't have it you can split it only manually with specifical softwares (like Adobe Audition *not free*).

CreamyNeko4
    @ StackOverflow..

Yeah, thats was my first thought, but after aaaages of seatching this was my last option.

@ Gokunaruto..

Your my hero! *flutters eyelashes* *ahem* well anyway, yes, I do have the .cue files ^_^

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Great ! So follow this guide:
    • Open the .cue file with NOTEPAD and you should see something like that:
    • Download and install Foobar2000.
    • Download Lame MP3 Encoder. Extract "Lame.exe" in your foobar installation folder.
    • Launch Foobar2000 and open with it your .cue file. Automatically it will detect all songs ranges and you'll be able to play each individual.
    • Select all the songs appeared in the playlist and right click;
    • Choose "Convert";
    • Select the output format (Lame MP3), the bitrate (by selecting [...] near the output format) and the output folder.
    • Click on OK. In the window that appears Foobar asks to locate the "LAME.exe" encoder. Browse to your Foobar folder in your HD and select "Lame.exe".
    • Click OK and you'll see the progress bar of the conversion.
      Those convertion setting are saved by the program. So if you'll need to do other conversions select "Convert" → "[last used]".

Let me know if you've problems .

CreamyNeko4
    Nyaaaah, an error code came up when I tried to open it...

Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported file format):
    "C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\rubbish file\YK-LOSELESS\444\CDImage.utf8.cue" / index: 1

etc etc... Did I do something wrong or is it just the files are mucked up or corrupted... or is it just totally random and you have no idea? It was when I was trying to open up the .cue file. T___T

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Have you fixed the .cue file as I explained in the 1st points?

Probably it's a name format problem. Rename it this way: "CDImage.cue" by removing (.utf8) and try to open it.
    However be sure to keep the same name as the .ape file.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Koko Hekmatyar (L5)Re-L Mayer (L3)Sion (L7)
    Nai (L6)Alois (L6)Ciel (L9)
    Strawberry Cake 1Ramen 1Lin Xianming (L8)

Use foobar. It handle cue and ape files. Or use aimp it's simpler. But why to convert ape? Ape is a lossless format, it's better than MP3 format. Surely, if you're listening to hard rock or rap or dance, you don't need the best quality but if it's classic music, it's a blasphemy to listen to them with MP3 tha kills all the richess of the sound.

CreamyNeko4
    @gokunaruto - I did the first part already anyway, and I tried it, but it still didn't work.

@accatone - aimp? *googles* Me agrees, really, but my ipod won't support that format. (Or will it? Did I overlook something when trying to get it onto itunes?!) but at least I'd have the original .ape on my computer were I can plug in a speaker, but on the go I'd rater have not as good sound than not at all.

Yaoi Expert

Savings

If you're able to upload this ape file I'll take a look at it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast