aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Shiki (L3)Charley (L8)Wing 1 (Left)
    Aoba (L12)Wing 1 (Right)Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Spacer 1DS_003_(3)topright

Windows XP problem

So I use Windows XP, and changed my language from English to Japanese (needed for a game). But when I try to change my language back to English it just freakin says to insert a CD-ROM. To be precise the Windows XP professional CD-ROM. I can't change it back and now my programs are displayed in the japanese language which is really annoying, because I don't know how to read japanese at all. Anyone help me please?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hmm, first off, how did you change the language to Japanese in Windows XP? (I want to know which method you took, because there are various ways...)

Second off, if it's the way I'm thinking... what you should look for is a folder in Windows XP called "i386" (c:\i386) It should be there. If that folder exists, use that folder instead of the "CD" that Windows XP asks for when you switch languages. So instead of choosing a CD, browse for that folder. It contains important files that are used for repairing Windows, etc. In this case it also holds various language packs, such as the english one.

Try that.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wakasa (L4)Abel (L1)Minami Kenjirou (L8)
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S077) Yashiro (chibi)
    MoonlightHamletAtsushi (Tiger)
    that is rather odd.... I've not heard of that as a problem until now...
    try choosing once again ...you should have a little box or icon on your task bar or upper corner that is displaying that you have both english and Jpn installed on your comp(as your perfered displayed languages) ....in theory you should be able to go from one to the other in a click ....I have xp pro and that is it is usually indicated ....other than that you may actually need to re-install your english language pack...

I agree with Kojichan when asked for the location ..use browse and go to your i386 folder instead of "CD"
    Last edited by lemur7; 09-12-2013 at 01:36 PM. Reason: adding more info

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Shiki (L3)Charley (L8)Wing 1 (Left)
    Aoba (L12)Wing 1 (Right)Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Spacer 1DS_003_(3)topright
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hmm, first off, how did you change the language to Japanese in Windows XP? (I want to know which method you took, because there are various ways...)

Second off, if it's the way I'm thinking... what you should look for is a folder in Windows XP called "i386" (c:\i386) It should be there. If that folder exists, use that folder instead of the "CD" that Windows XP asks for when you switch languages. So instead of choosing a CD, browse for that folder. It contains important files that are used for repairing Windows, etc. In this case it also holds various language packs, such as the english one.

Try that.
    I tried the control pannel one. And that worked, thank you very much.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wakasa (L4)Abel (L1)Minami Kenjirou (L8)
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S077) Yashiro (chibi)
    MoonlightHamletAtsushi (Tiger)
    yay! so glad your problems fixed ...go enjoy your games !!!!....