aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Sweet Pool error message [Solved]

So I installed Sweet Pool, mounted the .iso onto daemon tools, and opened the .exe. I got this message:

Then I tried opening the .exe that came in the .zip, but a black window pops up briefly and then closes. Now, I know I'm supposed to be overwriting the game to the no disk patch (I'm assuming this is the .exe that came with the .zip), but how?
    Last edited by inuyasha1595; 12-24-2008 at 05:01 PM.

Memento Vivere

Savings

Asato (L9)Zack (L8)Squall (L10)
    Mukuro (L10)
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha1595 View Post
    So I installed Sweet Pool, mounted the .iso onto daemon tools, and opened the .exe. I got this message:

Then I tried opening the .exe that came in the .zip, but a black window pops up briefly and then closes. Now, I know I'm supposed to be overwriting the game to the no disk patch (I'm assuming this is the .exe that came with the .zip), but how?
    You're not supposed to execute the program inside the .zip file. Go to your program files, find the NitroChiral folder and then open the "sweet pool" folder inside that. Extract the sweet pool.exe application from the .zip file and drag it into the sweet pool folder. You should be able to run the game after that.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ok, it worked! Thanks!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Auron (L6)Dante (L9)Miles Edgeworth (L3)
    Rufus (L7)Muraki (L7)Akabane (L9)
    Durer (L7)Vergil (L9)Subaru (L2)
    I tried doing this but my system won't let me drag the (unzipped) app into the program files' Sweet Pool folder. Do you have to delete the (nonzip) .exe there first?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I tried doing as explained above, but my computer also doesn't let me drag the sweetpool.exe into the sweet pool folder. I've also tried burning the .iso as a disk image but I still get the 'please insert disk' error. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Shunsuke (L2)Chisato (L2)Zhao Yun (L3)
    Sephiroth (L6)Zack (L8)Katsuya (L10)
    Pray for Japan(S053) Victor Nikiforov(S052) Yuri Katsuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurokokoro View Post
    I tried doing this but my system won't let me drag the (unzipped) app into the program files' Sweet Pool folder. Do you have to delete the (nonzip) .exe there first?
    You should extract to the Sweet Pool folder in the Program files from the zip file. Right click and you'll see 'Extract to...'. Then select the directory to the Sweet Pool folder and replace the app that is in the folder.
    Do not unzip the app and drag into the folder. Dragging doesn't work for me too.

Hope it helps. It's a pretty long but interesting game. One of the endings made me cry. 1st time in my BL gaming history... =3=

Memento Vivere

Savings

Asato (L9)Zack (L8)Squall (L10)
    Mukuro (L10)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arzen View Post
    You should extract to the Sweet Pool folder in the Program files from the zip file. Right click and you'll see 'Extract to...'. Then select the directory to the Sweet Pool folder and replace the app that is in the folder.
    Do not unzip the app and drag into the folder. Dragging doesn't work for me too.

Hope it helps. It's a pretty long but interesting game. One of the endings made me cry. 1st time in my BL gaming history... =3=
    Yup, I agree with the poster above. I think a better would be to copy and paste the application if your system doesn't allow the previous method (dragging).

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Arzen View Post

Oh man, thank you so much. I would've never thought to extract the whole zip into the Program files > Sweet Pool folder. I see no extracted files there but the game does work now (no idea how that works... *shrugs*). ♥♥

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I tried repeatedly, but The error message is displayed.
    I cannot understand what zip.file means. Please upload a no disk patch.
    Last edited by arien18; 12-25-2008 at 10:02 PM.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Dee (L3)Pray for JapanKumaguro
    Vincent Law (L1)Grimmjow (L6)Yuki Eiri (L9)
    Takaya (L3)Iason (L3)Katze (L4)
    i'm still having the same problem as well. i suppose i just don't understand exactly what needs to be done even though i've followed the instructions to a t. could someone possibly reiterate what needs to happen? the only 'sweet pool' folder i see is the .zip, and inside the that is 'sweetpool.iso' 'sweetpool.exe' and 'sweetpool serial.txt'

am i supposed to extract the files somewhere into an existing folder or creating a new one somewhere? thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast