aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yaoi Legend

Savings

Kei Yamashiro (L8)Heart 1 (Blue)Takashi Okumura (L8)
    Rin Matsuoka (L9)Haruka Nanase (L9)Makoto Tachibana (L6)
    Hollow Ichigo (L9)Shunsui (L5)Miyuki (L4)

My biggest issue isn't what was said but what effects it might have. Sure, some people need to get off their pedestals. I personally haven't noticed the backseat driving, but I'm mostly confined to the random house and lurking other parts lately. What I have to say is that veterans who DO help out are probably invaluable to the site.

If people take care of a minor problem/issue internally, then it's one less thing the staff does have to deal with, and a lot of the time, members who frequent threads that mods do not... they see problems that staff might not.

I'm hoping that no one takes this as "oh my God, I can't help out, can't constructively criticize, can't point out errors, etc." without getting in trouble. Because if that happens, then I think the forum's going to be a LOT worse off.

Just throwing that out there.

Yaoi Supporter
    At Fei-sama's feet, of course...like you have to ask...
    Savings

(S001) EndoItachi (L8)Fei Long (L9)
    Itachi (L5)Sasuke (L7)Pray for Japan
    Sasuke (L1)(S012) Hollow Ichigo(S004) Taki
    my god...been there...felt like i was being bullied...feels good to see this announcement...

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

DS_002_(1)topleftMeier Link (L9)DS_002_(5)bottommid
    Pain (L13)DS_002_(6)bottomright(Event) Forum - Levi
    RyukDS_002_(4)bottomleftCatbus

Quote Originally Posted by GenericWit View Post
    My biggest issue isn't what was said but what effects it might have. Sure, some people need to get off their pedestals. I personally haven't noticed the backseat driving, but I'm mostly confined to the random house and lurking other parts lately. What I have to say is that veterans who DO help out are probably invaluable to the site.

If people take care of a minor problem/issue internally, then it's one less thing the staff does have to deal with, and a lot of the time, members who frequent threads that mods do not... they see problems that staff might not.

I'm hoping that no one takes this as "oh my God, I can't help out, can't constructively criticize, can't point out errors, etc." without getting in trouble. Because if that happens, then I think the forum's going to be a LOT worse off.

Just throwing that out there.
    Oh, dear, you summarized very well how I feel about.
    My first thought was "I must stop to try to help others because someone can say that I'm trying to moderate things and I'll get punished".
    I already got punished for something that I didn't do, I don't want this happening to me again.
    I'll surely post less.

As a second notice, some users were complaining that the report button is overused instead of conversation: I already was used to use the report button, I will report more.
    For me, is the end of the conversations between users.
    Last edited by daniyagami; 10-16-2010 at 06:11 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Itachi (L8)Naruto Sage (L10)Sasuke (L12)
    DS_004_rightDS_004_midDS_004_left
    Jiraiya (L6)Tsunade (L7)Orochimaru (L5)

Agree with GenericWit's post.

I personally don't think pointing those who might be posting inappropiately or whatever is a bad thing, I like helping out whenever and where ever possible. Is not what's being said but how it is said. There is a difference between a polite post: ["The forum rules state topics about bla bla bla" *insert link to TOS or Forum rules here*] and a rude one: [You should read the rules before posting]

I've seen this too often. Quite a few people go about pointing -if we can call it that- people's mistakes, sometimes I read posts and I feel like they are calling the other person stupid. Other's can't hear/read a comment that's not intended to be rude as a personal insult. I'm seeing more and more threads turn into battlefields (maybe a bit dramatic ) cuz people can't agree to disagree. Sadly it makes me want to avoid parts of the forum like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Moonsong View Post
    Although I don't know about staff being all that carefully chosen; I am talking about the latest Forum Support people who have the power to moderate threads, which strikes me as odd. I think we are lucky in that every one of them is a truly good person, but to me it seems like a person should become a mod first before being given modding powers
    This.

Now don't get me wrong, I think some of the forum support staff are very capable and very good help ot to mention very nice. Having said that, giving them the okay to change posts and stuff doesn't sit well with me. Why not make them mods anyway, they are doing the job.

Ruby_Alexandrine
    Let me clear some of the stuff concerning Forum Support staff. We are capable of merging, closing, stick/unstick, and moving threads, edit threads not posts in specific areas in the forum. I'm still learning yet its not as difficult as I thought it was.

Also, we do not give warnings and reprimand/give infractions or ban forum members because that is reserved for the admins and moderators.
    Last edited by Ruby_Alexandrine; 10-16-2010 at 09:42 PM.

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

Hello everyone, just wanna clear things up a bit too... you can point out errors and rules on the forum. The announcement was made mainly because there were some cases ppl telling others like "I will report you and get you intro trouble", "I will report you and get you banned", "the staff will ban you!"(judging things themselves before staff made decision) and there's even "I am mod"(when that person isn't even a staff)...aren't those rude too to other people especially new ppl?

I do understand maybe you mean to help the other person when you said "the staff will ban you!" but do you know that the other person can also think that you are the one who are deciding things here eventhough you are not a staff? So, just say "the staff may give you a warning/ban on that, so please dun repeat it again". This is what a lot of ppl do not know that we received a lot of such complaints... but did we say anything to the people who we know is trying to help out? No. But ONLY for CERTAIN matter when both were rude against each other.

So, please let it be for staff to decide if you already report it.
    If you want to help to point out forum rules and errors made, just tell the person NICELY. It was a lot of times, the other party was "told off" by other ppl and not everyone worded things properly.

And please like Ruby said... Forum Staff can also advice others on rules etc, but they do not issue Warning/Ban. They can only Moderate (moderate can also mean move, merge,close thread etc). It was clearly stated. Moderate doesn't mean only issue Warning/Ban or do anything to a user's account.

But to what extend it's okay and not okay? Let us decide.
    Please also note on Miko's post:

There isn't necessarily anything wrong with giving a friendly reminder about the rules to someone who may have forgotten--but some people don't seem to be able to do something like this in an inoffensive manner and this is where problems arise.

I hope that clear things up more...

Again, we have to make the announcement because SOME ppl had went overboard and made others uncomfortable. It's just a lot of ppl didn't see or know about what's going on but we really do get a lot of this kinda attacking PM a lot lately. Do also think what we have to deal with to...

I encourage ppl helping each other, yes.
    But if you don't know if something you said may offend anyone, just report to us.

I seriously have to agree on this announcement when someone who is not a staff said "I am mod" just last week >.>;;;
    Last edited by Aarinfantasy; 10-16-2010 at 10:14 PM.

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

I encourage those who usually help to keep helping and agree with what's said here, which kinda sums up what I had in mind:

Quote Originally Posted by SexyRyu28 View Post
    Agree with GenericWit's post.

I personally don't think pointing those who might be posting inappropiately or whatever is a bad thing, I like helping out whenever and where ever possible. Is not what's being said but how it is said. There is a difference between a polite post: ["The forum rules state topics about bla bla bla" *insert link to TOS or Forum rules here*] and a rude one: [You should read the rules before posting]

I've seen this too often. Quite a few people go about pointing -if we can call it that- people's mistakes, sometimes I read posts and I feel like they are calling the other person stupid. Other's can't hear/read a comment that's not intended to be rude as a personal insult. I'm seeing more and more threads turn into battlefields (maybe a bit dramatic ) cuz people can't agree to disagree. Sadly it makes me want to avoid parts of the forum like the plague.

-----
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyRyu28 View Post
    This.

Now don't get me wrong, I think some of the forum support staff are very capable and very good help ot to mention very nice. Having said that, giving them the okay to change posts and stuff doesn't sit well with me. Why not make them mods anyway, they are doing the job.
    As for the Forum Support staff (FS), I have mentioned that certain people are afraid to approach Mod/Admin cuz they are afraid they will get ban/warned instantly (I don't really understand but some ppl do think like that). So they prefer to ask a Forum Support instead. From experience of our past batch where ppl directly became Mod, it doesn't go well too for 1-2 Mods cuz ppl instantly felt a barrier who previously were friends and even distanced themselves from the person who became a Mod. And now they have became ex-mods or left the forum because it wasn't what they expected to become a Mod. The FS team are certainly doing their job, I also didn't want them to have that kinda pressure too like I mentioned above.

Like I said in other thread about FS... and I even told this to the FS team, I do not hope for anyone to think they are lesser than Mod or Mod lesser than Admin. It's just difference in terms of functions that can be done in the forum. Anyone of the staff can bring up an issue or suggestion, then we discuss about it equally. So I am happy to say as of today, no one in the current FS team were unhappy about the difference in staff names... because they are all sincere to do what they can do. I was thinking of Moderator, Super Moderator and Admin too as the 3 names which is usually the case for many forums... but given a thought on it - Forum Support sounded more helpful and more approachable.

Having said that, I do regard a lot of ppl as 'forum support' too! You all are always the forum support in my heart and certainly some ppl see it too... because I know many of you, for example, helps out when telling ppl about the forum rules and friendly reminder etc... It's just that a team of Forum Support is also here with added ability to help out with forum functions. Do know that TOO many ppl in Forum Support group will be bad too... imagine having many ppl editing a thread at the same time. So really, while I would love to put many of you in Forum Support, but I think limitation should be there to avoid confusion. But when we really need extra help on certain forum functions, then we will surely PM you~

In fact, I was quite glad to know that certain forumers PM me that they do not want to be forum staff and would love to help the forum without being a staff. You all know who you are I was really touched by it.

I certainly do recognize ppl who helps and I hope you can also understand that I really thank you for that so much, but sometimes there can be better ways to help other than going in a dispute or doing it just for recognition/attention. Though thank goodness, not everyone is like that.

Thanks for hearing me out on this, and hope ppl are now more understanding on my decision about Forum Support and how I couldn't make some of you part of the FS - but I certainly recognize you as someone who helps in the forum, even without having me to tell you.

I am making a bow for those who are not a staff but has been helping us out without causing problems and thinking for the sake of the forum. My deepest respect for you too~
    Last edited by Aarinfantasy; 10-17-2010 at 02:23 AM.

Yaoi Veteran

Savings

Kanda (L8)Sasuke (L12)Hiei (L2)
    Seto (L7)Bakura (L10)Vincent (L8)
    Marik Ishtar (L10)Motonari (L8)Sasuke (L7)

I'm glad to see an official stance on this.

I've had encounters with this. It's threatening and bullying being performed by people with no authority whatsoever. I particularly dislike seeing it in discussion/debate threads. Some people go around telling anyone who disagrees about anything to "stop arguing with me or I'll report you and have this thread locked right now." I know the mods won't lock a thread that isn't breaking the rules, but newer members don't know that and won't recognize the people who do this so often the rest of us just roll our eyes and talk around them. I've seen newer members back down and go into permanent lurking mode, thinking that person has the power to back up those threats and possibly even ban them if they complain, and effectively killing the thread so that it might as well have been locked. The repeat offenders of this aren't trying to be helpful, they're threatening others to make sure any post they make is 'untouchable' no matter how many people disagree with it. It's just a bullying tactic and a quick discussion-killer. I'd be very glad not to see this sort of behavior done openly anymore.

Yaoi Fan

Savings

Asano Katsuya (L9)Shinohara Keiji (L9)Mookyul (L10)
    Ewon (L10)Sailor Moon (L1)Suzuki-san
    Jaehee (L5)Dai Lee (L5)Hibird

It feels more like bullying than help indeed, because none enjoys being lectured unreasonably as what a veteran might consider a problem might not even be it rules-wise like in my case. While threatening with any kind of problems via PM is totally rude, and clearly not something a regular should do.

I don't think so-called self-appointed mods are any more capable to see problems than actual Mods. Moreover, they add problems to staff. If they didn't we wouldn't have this discussion to begin with. Besides, we have ABS now, and quite a few support forums for all kinds of issues we might face. Mods are also here for us, so I'm sure the forums will only become better and more fun now.

Mordor
    I guess I'm one of those backseat-drivers.. I'll stop that, I'm deeply sorry
    I've only used 'I'll report you and ask a mod to temp-ban you' for underaged people though, since that's the only course of action with 14yos right? ^^;;;

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast