aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

View Poll Results: Should we keep the monthly contests going?

Voters
32. This poll is closed
  • yes, I love entering the contests

22 68.75%
  • no, hardly anyone enters anymore

2 6.25%
  • maybe we need a change (please explain in a post)

8 25.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Ban (L10)Kuga (L8)Deadpool (L9)
    Venom (L8)Death (L9)Golgo 13 (L8)
    Soi Fon (L8)Zetsu (L10)Guts (L1)

Instead of monthly, maybe have one that lasts 2 months at a time. Or alternatively, instead of the winner picking next months theme, announce themes for the next few months in advance (that could at least partly be picked by previous winners if wanted.) That way people who like to participate, but are too busy certain months to make anything, can prepare something beforehand for the next month instead. You could also have few rounds with no specific theme, so the sig-makers could just go wild with their creativity.

I personally could take part more often if I had knowledge of the upcoming themes in advance (or if there were no theme-months.)

I also think the idea by @DeadlyViolence is really good. Maybe have a monthly contest where everyone could more easily participate, something like quizzes etc. that wouldn't be too time-consuming. Or at least 1-2 times a year if monthly is too difficult to arrange.

//edit: @ellymate I never take part in profile-one, as I never change mine. Nor do I feel like it needs to be super-duper complicated cool design to begin with. (They tend to be quite annoying to navigate tbh.) I don't think that many people even do change theirs monthly, so it definitely could be arranged only few times a year, as many seem to do seasonal/holiday-changes only.

As for the sig-one, my biggest reason is that I simply keep forgetting these exist in time. Nor do I usually have time once they open the new one and announce the theme (which is why I suggested to give the themes for upcoming months in advance.) I also don't really care for the themes that much, I'd prefer to just be allowed to do whatever.
    Last edited by Mordor; 12-31-2018 at 04:11 AM.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Muraki (L8)(Event) Forum - Rayflo(Event) FaceBook - Yukina
    (Event) Forum - Juzumaru
    the signature is lovely!
    congrats!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12