View Poll Results: Vote for your fav review

Voters
36. This poll is closed
  • Review #1

5 13.89%
  • Review #2

31 86.11%
    Flurry of Dancing Flames

following Victuri and Otayuri to all their performances to watch their cute moments together ♥
    Savings

Midoriya Izuku (L3)Bakugou (L3)Todoroki Shouto (L3)
    Otabek Altin (L8)Yuri Plisetsky (L9)Otabek Altin (L9)
    Axel (L10)(S096) Rei Izumi(S099) Dick Burnford

VOTE: Manga Review of The Month (MROTM) - Oct. 2016

We have 2 entries to vote on Please vote for your fav review and get points.

Review #1

Review #2

Yaoi Lover

At my haven, surrounded by plastic bishies
    Savings

Eungi (L8)DS_004_midJungwoo (L8)
    Monday (L4)Aoba (L12)Mananan (L4)
    Spacer 1Ayanami (L5)(S045) Noiz

It was a bit hard to pick one when both of the titles are familiar to me

Eventually went with #2 because it was nicer to read shorter paragraphs and I found the rating at the end interesting. While reading, I also noticed I was hoping that the writer of #1 would have criticized the title somehow since it's a well-known manga, instead only praising it.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(S085) Joshua GallandPOTM - 1 Star(S084) Coyote
    Star 1 (Yellow)(S089) Ogasawara Jirou(S088) Hirano Taiga
    Kazuki (L7)Rei (L7)Star 1 (Silver)

Proofread, proofread, proofread~ Voted for #2. I'm gonna read The Killer manga soon... haven't come across that one yet. Thanks for the reviews!

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Natori (L10)Strawberry Cake 1Natsume (L10)
    Fire PhoenixHeart 4 (Rainbow)MeatBun
    Kei Nagai (L7)Edward (L10)Jin Ling (L2)

I went with #2. A little confusion, but I did like the ratings at the end and that the reviewer was honest about the manga's weak points, as well as its strengths.

Also, with #1 - maybe this is just me, but Viewfinder also struck me as being much stronger non-consent than 'average' yaoi, which is saying something. If I hadn't read it, I would have liked a heads-up about that.

Yaoi Fan

Savings

(S022) IasonX Glassy Cross (translucent)(S021) Riki
    Iason (L9)X Standard (Black)Riki (L9)
    (S081) ShingoCoffee 1 (BL)Aoba (L12)
    #2 because I felt like the #1 was a bit too excited. #2 was more relaxed and easier to follow for giving me an idea of what to expect and as opposed to #1 which just seemed to me to be worshipping the manga. Just my opinion though.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Makoto Tachibana (L10)Haruka Nanase (L10)Flower 1 (Pink)
    Spacer 1Spacer 1(S086) Sasaki Shuumei
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka UenoyamaSpacer 1(S087) Miyano Yoshikazu

Both reviews are excellently written, congratulations to the writers!

#1 is a review exactly written for those who haven't read the title, or someone who's new on BL or a newbie who wants to take a step higher from a twee-tum shounen-ai stories. The excitement is okay, however; this kind of review would not work on the BL elites and experts. Well, you know what I mean.

#2 is for the BL veterans and guru; those who are looking for ratings in a particular title. These readers are tend to seek more concise and relevant information about the manga before they read it. Newbies could also find this review a simple glimpse of what's happening in the story, and with ratings, they are more guided on the elements.

Good job, guys!

Extreme Yaoi Guru

on the rooftop of Namimori Middle School with my husband
    Savings

Hibari (L1)Hibari (L8)Hibari (L3)
    Hibari (L7)Hibari (L10)Hibari (L4)
    Hibari (L6)Hibari (L9)Hibari (chibi) (L9)

no idea what that 2nd title is, but reading the review made me feel like I got the gist, so I went for #2. ^^ Thank you both for writing reviews! I was afraid that there wouldn't be any cuz we're all busy hunting images for the AF contest

Smile, breath and go slow

Savings

Ayace (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)Canale (L9)
    Emba (L10)MeatBunYuuen (L9)
    (S067) Azumaya Junta(S054) Prompto Argentum(S076) SilverAsh

#1 gives you an overview of the plot then the positive points of the manga, what makes it a sure read according the reviewer...

#2 dives a bit more on the pros vs cons and provide a rating that gives more to think about than just the enthusiasm of the reviewer (found in #1)

All two gives a good idea of the story, plot, art and other aspects, though I find #2 gives me more of an idea whether I'd like to read it or not...

Yaoi Fan

Savings

Satoru Kutsuna (L8)Sebastian (L13)Ryou Kashiba (L8)
    Yuuen (L9)Guts (L1)Emba (L10)
    Mo Guan Shan (L9)He Tian (L9)Aki (L7)

Now that was a hard decision: Both had their good points.

#1: I enjoyed reading the review. It gives a good overview on the storyline and the main characters. In the end the author lets us know what themes we can expect without telling us too much about it. So the readers can still discover the story for themselves. As it was already mentioned before - I would have appreciated to hear some criticism of the work too. Only focusing on the positive aspects and writing about the good points makes it seem like a personal opinion, rather than an objective review. The author really transports the feeling of wanting the reader to have a look at the story.

#2: Thank you very much for trying to give a rating to different categories. Imho I would have prefered to get a better explanation as to why the author chose a certain grade e.g. 6/10 for Plot. Personally I would have prefered a paragraph for every category that has been graded and a little bit more arguments. There is a short introduction in the first paragraph, the second paragraph is a synopsis of the story and the part where the author judges the story is the last paragraph (with only two sentences). Additionally I have the impression that there are some contradictory parts: Calling the manga nothing special but refreshing? Then the interaction between the characters is enjoyable and cute but the story itself isn't something over the top? The author is trying to make an objective evaluation of the manga but imho fails to deliver arguments.

Hence I voted for #1 because it mentions why I should read this and what I can expect from the manga in more detail than #2. The second review has good approaches (grading system) but the actual execution is lacking. I prefer any personal opinion/review over a mediocre objective one.