aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extreme Yaoi Guru

Switzerland -> where Heidi lives...Just say 'cause it's a very small country you know XD
    Savings

Free SharkSOTM - 2 StarsFree Dolphin
    DS_006_leftHaruka Nanase (L9)Rin Matsuoka (L9)
    Eren Titan (L9)Eiji Okumura (L8)Adachi (L4)

@aarinfantasy; If I remember correctly, there was an extra tab on the profile called „Awards“. And when you click on it, you saw a history like past post/threads started, just with the awards: ex. „Award image“ received on xx date POTM January 2021.
    Do you mean where each user has their specific banner? Admin/Mod/ect? Could look nice, or under the points is an option too^^
    Can‘t wait to see the changes

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

Quote Originally Posted by sumire007 View Post
    @aarinfantasy; If I remember correctly, there was an extra tab on the profile called „Awards“. And when you click on it, you saw a history like past post/threads started, just with the awards: ex. „Award image“ received on xx date POTM January 2021.
    Do you mean where each user has their specific banner? Admin/Mod/ect? Could look nice, or under the points is an option too^^
    Can‘t wait to see the changes

I was staying on the same page and didn't refresh to see your post. So here's what I edited in my previous post:

"EDIT: Okay, so I spent some time looking through things, I will most likely go with the increased card slots... at the moment we have 3cards x 2rows, so I may increase it to 3 cards x 3 rows. The extra slots will let you display your Contest Awards there or any other cards you like.

I will also look into shiny animated awards. Once they are done, I might replace the current ones with the new ones. Otherwise, it will be animated for the second tier award and above. I will need some time to experiment "

I don't remember about the Awards being in our profile page, and probably got removed after a few things didn't work out with the settings or something. That award option doesn't seem to be in the control panels when I checked just now, but at least those shiny awards you showed are all still in the forum's server and I am able to retrieve the whole set. Thanks for pointing that out~

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1

Alright, good news is... I just manage to learn how to make shine and simple glow burst effect after looking at the Lv13 card and the old images shown here. However, it doesn't save properly with the current award due to the outer glow at the static image which can't be saved properly into animation and has a flaw at the end of it, making the edges very rough and has a weird gray outer layer shown at the last frame. It plays perfectly fine in my photoshop preview but didn't turn out that way after being made into an animated PNG/GIF. So I will need some time to make a new set of Contest Awards, and most likely scrap the existing ones.

I may not be using the old images too (such as this one: ) because those are best only for black background (I actually tried taking out the black background from one of those for testing and it didn't look nice) , and I will have to come up with something for both bright and dark forum theme. I did think about the simplest solution which is to just make the award with black background and just add the SOTM/POTM/MROTM text on it. Not abandoning this idea completely yet XD

I understand some of you may have already achieved the second tier award, so please wait for the new set.
    Sorry for any delay.

Forwarding this to @ellymate ; too.

~

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1

As mentioned at this post: https://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f295/...ml#post4487741

Contest Awards
    1 Star - Static image

2 Stars - Shiny image

3 Stars - Coming NEXT TIME! It will be an upgrade of the 2 Stars version.
    (Still testing)

Took me quite a while to refine and learn how to make simple shine animation, but I am really glad that at least I know how to do animated gif and png now! XD
    I use these images as Contest Award as the old images were only meant for black background. Wanted something bright and elegant for both light and dark forum theme.
    Hopefully the 3 Stars award will work out as I plan, I am still working on it.

Got some brand new ideas to do some stuff in the forum as well after working with these images.... I hope I have the time to plan it out, since my country now has a huge spike of covid19 cases (the % ratio is similar to India's now) and also placing priority on fansub projects (lately we are subbing untranslated BL seiyuu talk videos and it takes more time for me to do those than anime since conversations are faster than anime).

~

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Deadpool (L9)Magnus Bane (L8)Jian Yi (L9)
    Haruki Nakayama (L10)(Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(Event) Forum - Mafuyu Sato
    Byakuroku (L10)Kyouichi (L8)Kira Sumeragi (L5)

Quote Originally Posted by aarinfantasy View Post
    After some discussions, we've decided to come up with an extra reward on top of custom iShop card submissions.

This reward is called "Contest Award" which is a special iShop award for winners of SOTM, MROTM and POTM. Though POTM may not be active now... I will just put the award up first in case we decide to revive it.

Each award has 1 Star for now. In future, I will be adding 2 Stars and 3 Stars tier which goes like this, for example:
    - If you've collected three SOTM 1 Star award, you will be given a 2 Star award.
    - If you've collected a total of six SOTM 1 Star award, you will be given a 3 Star award.

Here are the samples of the award in the iShop now:

The award will be given out for contests from 2021 onwards.
    They are only for winners and not purchasable.
    *We may come up with other stuff if there are other ideas*

Thank you @Twinstar ; and @ellymate ; for the discussions and handling of the forum contests

~
    Hey guys,
    I noticed that we forgot to mention how the awards are handed. So after I was asked by @Schneider; and checked to see if we cleared this, which we didn't, I apologize, I'll post here how we hand over the Contest awards.

*1st win gets a star award
    *5th win gets a 2nd star award
    *15th win gets a 3rd star award

I will make a thread to show up the number of wins of each participant since we introduced them ^_^, we do have them all noted down, so we don't forget about you.

Hope this clears the situation ^_^
    Last edited by ellymate; 02-20-2022 at 04:46 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12