aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'VIP' section

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Ichiru (L4)Zero (L8)Sebastian (L6)
    Grell (L5)L (L10)Light (L8)
    Howl (L3)(S003) LelouchNekozawa (L2)
    I think the point that BG is getting at is not limiting a section to only a "few" per se. Just making making a forum section where certain limitations that exist in the general boards (and some 18+), would be lifted. Not necessarily subject matter, but things such as language censoring. I believe it stems from frustrations that come from posting in 18+ sections, only to see the use of "adult" words censored.

Yaoi Veteran
    Savings

Izaya (L3)DS_001_leftDS_001_mid
    DS_001_rightL (L10)Jack NBC (L10)
    Wolfwood (L10)Sesshoumaru (L10)Riku (L10)

Quote Originally Posted by Lent View Post
    And how are mods and admins supposed to treat that section, differently to other sections? Will the board rules not apply there?

A forum, the name in itself suggests so, is always for all people who are members.
    I tought mabye things could be relaxed there, no censor for one.

We would use this idea to find a middle ground for speaking more freely while still haveing a more resticted 'outer' borad.
    Last edited by GeoffsGem; 02-20-2009 at 11:28 AM.

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Kakashi (L10)Iruka (L8)Katou (L9)
    Iwaki (L9)Yuki Eiri (L9)Sanzo (L10)
    Yamato B (L8)(S021) RikiSoubi (L10)

It's good when it works on other sites, but that doesn't mean it necessarily has to work here. What sort of 'more relaxed' are we talking about? I'm just guessing here that you talk about sections where general board rules won't be enforced.

If that's a section that 60-70 % of the board members go to, can you imagine the size such a section will have in a short time? It will invite fights, arguments and all such things that board rules help to prevent, so I don't think such a section will happen. About the word censor, that would be for the admins to decide whether they want to remove that from certain sections, although I do think they fulfil their purpose.

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

I suppose I'm not understanding the purpose of the word censors in 18+ sections of the forum. It seems like a bit of mollycoddling to me really. And that was what I believed to be the original idea of BG's, to maybe have the censors disabled in 18+ sections.

Yaoi Veteran
    Savings

Izaya (L3)DS_001_leftDS_001_mid
    DS_001_rightL (L10)Jack NBC (L10)
    Wolfwood (L10)Sesshoumaru (L10)Riku (L10)

Quote Originally Posted by goddess8878 View Post
    I suppose I'm not understanding the purpose of the word censors in 18+ sections of the forum.
    I did raise this point before myself and it was said that for the censor to go it had to all go, now I understand that's untentable that's why I was thinking a 'closed' section might be diffrent.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

I don't agree with this idea. For one, it separates certain members of the forum from others. I don't feel I deserve special privileges just because I'm older or have been here longer.

Two, I have met several people here who claim to be "of age" and have been here for more than a year. Yet they are no less rude, confrontational, or disrespectful than younger users here on aarinfantasy.

Honestly, if you want to talk about politics, race issues, etc. you can do that on another board, one devoted to such topics. This is a board about anime and anime culture, specifically yaoi culture.

I think the staff might tentatively approve a mature topic like, "Let's discuss race issues in anime," but nothing beyond there.

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

I don't think it's about "special privileges". It's about being able to express yourself in whatever manner you choose. It's not about discussing those hot button issues. That's something that will most likely never be allowed here, and that's fine. I think the main issue is language and the manner in which we choose to use it. It just seems patently silly to me to have censorship of certain words when certain threads are 18+ (and therefore already restricted to members of that age or older).

Feral Faerie of Fiction

Tracking catboys, for photography purposes only... You believe me. Right?
    Savings

Chopin (L9)Cloud (L9)Chaos (L10)
    Noel (L10)Squall (L10)Sephiroth (L8)
    Caius Ballad (L10)Nanaki (Red XIII) (L10)Saix (L7)

The matter of censoring certain words has been debated. You can find Aarin's answer to it Here.

In short, it is how VBulletin is programmed. Dai is looking in to it.

Nether Horizon

Savings

Luffy (L10)(Event) Forum - LawZoro (L10)
    DalekNaruto Sage (L10)TARDIS
    (Event) Forum - Rayflo(S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S060) Kousuke Ooshiba

Don't closed "Invitation Only" Social Groups already serve the same fundamental purpose?

Except for the part about removing censors...
    Last edited by Miko; 02-20-2009 at 02:45 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Quote Originally Posted by goddess8878 View Post
    I don't think it's about "special privileges". It's about being able to express yourself in whatever manner you choose. It's not about discussing those hot button issues. That's something that will most likely never be allowed here, and that's fine. I think the main issue is language and the manner in which we choose to use it. It just seems patently silly to me to have censorship of certain words when certain threads are 18+ (and therefore already restricted to members of that age or older).
    Ahh, I see Hmm, but somehow I am still able to express myself amazingly well without seeing the need to use such words as "c*ck," "b!tch," and "f*ck."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast