aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Veteran
    Savings

Izaya (L3)DS_001_leftDS_001_mid
    DS_001_rightL (L10)Jack NBC (L10)
    Wolfwood (L10)Sesshoumaru (L10)Riku (L10)

Getting rid of the censor in the 18+ sections

Is there any chance we can do this? If a section is 18+ anyways why can't we be free to cuss? It's most of all an iusse in my personal view when it's the FF or OF sections a whole line can easyly be ruined by ***** and here you are going... 'well... hmmm five letters...'

I just guess I don't understand why we have a censor in the frist place at all and why it's been getting more and more rigid in the last few updates of the site.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Noctis (L8)Mugen (L5)Jin (L5)
    Sora (L6)Shiki (L3)(S006) Klaus
    Asato (L9)Cloud (L9)

I do not doubt that there are reasons why it was put up --- but I would love if it would be removed for the 18+ section ^____^

Yaoi Veteran

Savings

Kanda (L8)Sasuke (L12)Hiei (L2)
    Seto (L7)Bakura (L10)Vincent (L8)
    Marik Ishtar (L10)Motonari (L8)Sasuke (L7)

It should be removed from the fiction section in particular. I can't even write the word "sni*ger" without it being treated as an offensive word (it's a verb, a low nasal laughter, nothing to do with the offensive word the block is trying to prevent).

And, honestly, not being able to use the "f word" in a hard core yaoi fic in the 18+ section is a little excessive... Even fanfiction.net let's you use the f word in fiction and they don't allow NC-17 content. o.O

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Riku (L8)Sephiroth (L8)(S009) Havi
    (S005) ValdrigueIason (L3)Riki (L3)
    Kenny (L4)(S022) IasonRyoga (L5)
    I agree about fanfictions, sometimes you find some "**** my ****" and you can go ad lib (which is not what the writer wants, I think)

Instead, I think that other threads in 18+ are the same as the non 18+ threads, so censor is ok. Not all "adults" (over 18 I mean) like cussing in a speech

Isan
    I have to admit, the few times I tried reading a fic on aarin the censoring is what stopped me everytime. I can see it being annoying and frustrating in that section since a lot of words generally used in a BL fic end up getting censored and it leaves you sort of trying to guess what it says. Not very appealing.
    Not sure if it can be taken off only in one part of the forum though

For 18+ sections though, I agree with what NightSnail said.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Zack (L8)Cloud (L9)(S001) Endo
    Heero (L4)Kotetsu (L2)Seifer (L10)
    Hasegawa (L3)Zechs (L7)Jin Kazama (L1)

Agreed. Agreed oh-so-very much. Not only do I think censoring curses in the first place is ridiculous (especially in a place like this!), but more often than not it screws up words that are actually totally innocent -- like Arigatomina's example -- and leaves you playing a frustrating guessing game as to which word is hidden beneath those asterisks.

Bottom of the line: if people are mature enough to read manga about guys doing each other, they are damn well mature enough to read a couple of harmless words.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

I think we should get rid of it in Fiction. It's a pain in the ass to have to go and retype all the f-words to "f*ck" whenever I paste in a story. And those aren't necessarily used in sexually explicit ways; my character may just have a potty mouth.

I mean, when the character in the anime is TRANSLATED as using such words, yet I can't write them in my fanfiction depiction of that character ... it's a little ridiculous.

Yaoi Veteran
    Savings

Izaya (L3)DS_001_leftDS_001_mid
    DS_001_rightL (L10)Jack NBC (L10)
    Wolfwood (L10)Sesshoumaru (L10)Riku (L10)

Glad to see I am not the only one who this iusse gets under the skin of, it's not like we're a family freindly site here after all the youngest a person should be to join is 16, and we all know by 16 one has heard every **** **** asshole dickhead rimjobber mother****er in the book

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Amestris ~ spying on Maes & Roy in the shower
    Savings

Iron Man (L9)Thor (L9)Tony Stark (L9)
    Captain America (L9)Loki (L9)Steve Rogers (L9)
    Loki (L10)Deadpool (L9)Rin Matsuoka (L4)

I'm definitely going to agree with the you all here on the issue at hand. I mean, while I don't necessarily have any of my own fics up here on the site, it is a pain as a reader to come across so many asterisks in a fic [especially if you're really into said fic]. And like a few of you pointed out, this is a 16 + website anyway. Even on TV, the 14 + ratings allow cursing. I can understand that some people don't like cursing and such, but honestly, if you're going to be here and read/look at yaoi in the first place, you should expect it, ne? Just my two cents.

fluffyduck
    I honestly think it's also annoying...when reading a good story or fic and you come accross, lets say a charakter who is in a bad mood or who swears alot, it's highly annoying to read '****' every few words...sometimes you even have to try and find out what the word acctually is to get a 'dirty'joke or something like that.

And certain words, honestly I don't really see what is so bad about them...for examble sh*t.... maybe it is just my upbringing, but I use that in everyday language *shrugs*(and honestly i think words like 'cock' are worse then f*ck... ><)

Although I do understand why we have it....
    and overdoing it with swearwords and such can be off putting as well ><

but I totally agree with ASHke and Gem.... I mean, this is a 16+ site right? And there is alot about hot-sometimes very explicit-mansex

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast