aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

Hmm, I understand...
    But I checked and the Censoring can only be applied to the entire forum.
    I will also need to check with Dai-kun about this, or hope he sees this when I am offline.

We'll see what can be done about it, alright?
    I can understand the frustration too when reading fanfics.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Koko Hekmatyar (L5)Re-L Mayer (L3)Sion (L7)
    Nai (L6)Alois (L6)Ciel (L9)
    Strawberry Cake 1Ramen 1Lin Xianming (L8)

Well I was to post about it yesterday. But my case is more liberal. I want to see evey forumer to enable or disable the censorship. So if you don't mind slur words, you can see them. Cuz it's really annoying to see those starts on words like *****(bitc*) or ****(sh*t).

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Renji (L6)Hisagi (L4)Kira (L5)
    Gin (L2)Yumichika (L4)Ikkaku (L3)
    Laguna (L6)Hyorinmaru (L1)Grell (L5)

True, enabling or disabling censorship would be great... I admit to having issues with the ****...XD

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Quote Originally Posted by aarinfantasy View Post
    Hmm, I understand...
    I will also need to check with Dai-kun about this, or hope he sees this when I am offline.

Oh yay, thanks

I would only be for certain words being allowed ... for example, racial slurs like the n-word, obviously, that is never acceptable (no matter what age). And yeah if you can't do it for just part of the forum, well, I guess we will just have to live with the starred words!

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Zack (L8)Cloud (L9)(S001) Endo
    Heero (L4)Kotetsu (L2)Seifer (L10)
    Hasegawa (L3)Zechs (L7)Jin Kazama (L1)

Quote Originally Posted by aarinfantasy View Post
    Hmm, I understand...

Thanks, I'm glad you're looking into it! And even though it's an all-or-nothing thing, I personally don't see that as a problem -- I mean, none of the sub-forums here are child-friendly (or whatever you wanna call it) to the point where readers shouldn't be able to handle a few words. So yeah, here's to hoping the censoring will soon be removed from the entire forum.

Yaoi Fan

Enjoying my SD vacation before going to my next job
    Savings

Usami (L2)Subaru (L2)Honey (L2)
    Zero (L8)Luka Crosszeria (L9)Ren Honjo (L2)
    Quote Originally Posted by ASHke View Post
    Agreed. Agreed oh-so-very much. Not only do I think censoring curses in the first place is ridiculous (especially in a place like this!), but more often than not it screws up words that are actually totally innocent -- like Arigatomina's example -- and leaves you playing a frustrating guessing game as to which word is hidden beneath those asterisks.

Bottom of the line: if people are mature enough to read manga about guys doing each other, they are damn well mature enough to read a couple of harmless words.

I totally agree with you 100%. I hate reading fanfic and all you see for a word is **** it could be anything. Not to mention in a lot of the anime downloaded on this site there's cursing. H*** even Junjou Romantica has cursing.
    Last edited by katsbrainwarp; 11-06-2008 at 01:53 PM. Reason: had more to say

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Amestris ~ spying on Maes & Roy in the shower
    Savings

Iron Man (L9)Thor (L9)Tony Stark (L9)
    Captain America (L9)Loki (L9)Steve Rogers (L9)
    Loki (L10)Deadpool (L9)Rin Matsuoka (L4)

Personally, I don't think uncensoring the whole forum would be a problem. In my experience, unless it's in a fic or whatnot, most of the people here try to watch themselves and not curse like sailors anyway...... at least I do.

Isan
    I don't agree about removing it entirely because some people can't limit themselves to just a few words. And they also use it to insult others. So no, that's not a good idea. Morever age =/= maturity at all. Reading a post full of cuss words is just offensive. Considering I've seen it done already with the censoring I can only imagine what it would be like without it.
    Last edited by Isan; 11-06-2008 at 01:58 PM.

Yaoi Fan

Enjoying my SD vacation before going to my next job
    Savings

Usami (L2)Subaru (L2)Honey (L2)
    Zero (L8)Luka Crosszeria (L9)Ren Honjo (L2)
    Quote Originally Posted by kimblee18 View Post
    Personally, I don't think uncensoring the whole forum would be a problem. In my experience, unless it's in a fic or whatnot, most of the people here try to watch themselves and not curse like sailors anyway...... at least I do.

I'm with you there too. Some times a curse word might be used as an Expresive word to help bring more emotion to a response. But we are all pretty good about not "Talking Like Sailors" on the rest of the site.

Yaoi Veteran
    Savings

Izaya (L3)DS_001_leftDS_001_mid
    DS_001_rightL (L10)Jack NBC (L10)
    Wolfwood (L10)Sesshoumaru (L10)Riku (L10)

Quote Originally Posted by Isan View Post
    I don't agree about removing it entirely because some people can't limit themselves to just a few words. And they also use it to insult others. So no, that's not a good idea. Morever age =/= maturity at all. Reading a post full of cuss words is just offensive. Considering I've seen it done already with the censoring I can only imagine what it would be like without it.
    yes but a person can be rude or downright hurtful without useing one swear word once. I don't think that just because someone might get thier feelings hurt is a reason to keep everyone else from expressing thier points of view. And yes offence happens but so what again? Maybe I am being callous but I don't see the point in trying to make sure everyone is happy, considering how impossable it is.

I guess I just don't think the rights of the rest of the world should be kept down because of the few bad apples who misuse thier rights.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast