aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extreme Yaoi Guru

The abyss after everything, please join me...
    Savings

Shino (L3)Male 1 (Blue)Kiba (L5)
    Spacer 1Loid Forger (L9)Anya Forger (L7)
    Yor Forger (L9)Rick Grimes (L9)Daryl Dixon (L9)

Question Can 17- View Any Area on Aarin?

I just enjoyed a brief chat in the Yaoi Mania section with a person who I later discovered to be 14!! Well at least thats what she admitted, as kids will normally tell on themselves and not read rules to keep under the radar. Yes she was banned eventually. Then the cutie pie, opened another account under her "sisters" name. XD! Yes the 2nd account was banned as well.

I had a discussion with another forum member who believed that after the "upgrades" members under 18 would not be able to "see" threads where they are not allowed. Its a little scary when I think how easy it is for children to access the site, and all its adult material.

Is there a way to block access to certain areas for our underage members, if it is not already in place? I know it is "not" in place in Yaoi chat, that is presuming the young person used her correct date of birth when she signed up.

>here< admits age..
    Last edited by CrisNoWait; 11-29-2008 at 12:45 AM.

ZSP
    Well the site rules are quite clear, anyone under 16 cannot join. Instead of allowing anyone to join and "hiding" the 18+ sections, I think they should continue banning them, although it's been proven that simple account banning won't work; in these cases I think they should ban their IPs.

The reason why -16 aren't allowed is that they would most likely be accessing aarin through shared or public computers where one slip can lead to the adult/s in charge of them seeing what they were looking at, and obviously that could prompt disputes between said guardian and the site's owners/admins. I personally have encountered 11/12 year olds on the forum, viewing and openly participating in 18+ threads Of course, that user has been banned long since.

Here's what I'm getting at: while it's true that certain sections are marked as 18+ in general, there are still plenty of 18+ threads in subforums which everyone can freely view. That's a big reason why it wouldn't work. Another one would be the gallery, which doesn't specifically list 18+ albums, and so the same happens....in the end, this forum isn't going to be considered appropriate for anyone under 16, like the rules state.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

@Amaterasuuchiha thank you. I do understand tho that things/changes to the forum take time. Nothing can be done in an instant, its not like Aarin is sitting around with nothing to do. ^^) Imagine that.

@ZSP I'm sorry if I was not clear, I don't want the rules to allow underage 16. I wondered if it were possible to "block/hide" 18+ sections from Aarin-members who are under 18. Similar to the function that "hides" people on your "ignore list".

The ignore list is an option any person can utilize to "ignore" posting that is hide from view, any posting by a member that you do not wish to view. I know this is a bit wide spread, to blanket any Aarin member under 18, but if it were possible it would be a great way to further prevent, the young people from entering sections where they are not allowed.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

>HERE< I may make it a personal mission to track down the ones that admit their age and report them. Again in the Yaoi Mania Chat section. I guess its like leaving your front door open with *pretty things* waiting for someone to enter. The kids wander in and start poking around; we as adults should report them as soon as possible. So Mods can investigate and if really under age get them off the site.

ZSP
    Quote Originally Posted by CrisNoWait View Post
    @ZSP I'm sorry if I was not clear, I don't want the rules to allow underage 16. I wondered if it were possible to "block/hide" 18+ sections from Aarin-members who are under 18. Similar to the function that "hides" people on your "ignore list".

The ignore list is an option any person can utilize to "ignore" posting that is hide from view, any posting by a member that you do not wish to view. I know this is a bit wide spread, to blanket any Aarin member under 18, but if it were possible it would be a great way to further prevent, the young people from entering sections where they are not allowed.
    Actually, I did knew what you meant but perhaps I didn't express myself correctly. Yeah, the ignore function works well for its purpose, but not many users know about it. Now, I still don't think this would work simply because like I explained in my first post, not all 18+ threads are in the 18+ sections and also, not all 'mature' sections have mature content in their threads.

In order to make something like this happen, I think a special script would need to be developed; something that would allow it to both identify threads with an 18+ warning on the title and hide them for users under 18. Scrips however, take a good amount of time to develop, much less perfection...so that's why I don't think it could be done yet. Besides, not every user adds the proper warning tag to the thread title, and we all know that younger members may lie about their age.

Edit: That's a good suggestion though; perhaps we should start posting whomever admits their age in this thread for the mods and admins to see.
    Last edited by ZSP; 11-29-2008 at 09:08 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by ZSP View Post
    Actually, I did knew what you meant but perhaps I didn't express myself correctly. Yeah, the ignore function works well for its purpose, but not many users know about it. Now, I still don't think this would work simply because like I explained in my first post, not all 18+ threads are in the 18+ sections and also, not all 'mature' sections have mature content in their threads.

In order to make something like this happen, I think a special script would need to be developed; something that would allow it to both identify threads with an 18+ warning on the title and hide them for users under 18. Scrips however, take a good amount of time to develop, much less perfection...so that's why I don't think it could be done yet. Besides, not every user adds the proper warning tag to the thread title, and we all know that younger members may lie about their age.

Edit: That's a good suggestion though; perhaps we should start posting whomever admits their age in this thread for the mods and admins to see.
    I started "flagging" the ones I come across from now on. I see what you mean it is a big undertaking. The Few section No One Under 18 should be in Yaoi Mania, that could be a blanket block on the entire section. Then the Entire section fiction 18+ could be hidden. No system would be perfect I just thought a little more precaution.

On Aff.net (which is not more secure than Aarin) a pop-up requires a date of birth before visitors can view the content. Aarin, as far as I have seen does not have that (blank page pop-up) Yes the first page does have warnings, and such which requires viewers register before viewing. *sigh* Just food for thought, I know nothing can be done now.

dreadlordaliu
    Quote Originally Posted by CrisNoWait View Post
    On Aff.net (which is not more secure than Aarin) a pop-up requires a date of birth before visitors can view the content. Aarin, as far as I have seen does not have that (blank page pop-up) Yes the first page does have warnings, and such which requires viewers register before viewing. *sigh* Just food for thought, I know nothing can be done now.
    The date of birth requirement is a good idea but some ppl might simply increase their age by changing the year. I don't suppose trickery would work? For example making an announcement in an 18+ area saying
    "FREE POINTS FOR X-MAS FOR ALL YOUNG AARIN MEMBERS UNDER 16.... PM ???? TO GET YOUR GIFT!!!!" then ban their a**es

but in any case I think it is good that you are being so proactive about this CrisNoWait

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dreadlordaliu View Post
    The date of birth requirement is a good idea but some ppl might simply increase their age by changing the year. I don't suppose trickery would work? For example making an announcement in an 18+ area saying
    "FREE POINTS FOR X-MAS FOR ALL YOUNG AARIN MEMBERS UNDER 16.... PM ???? TO GET YOUR GIFT!!!!" then ban their a**es

but in any case I think it is good that you are being so proactive about this CrisNoWait
    You made me chuckle with that. Many of the kids that are not "wise" enough will fall for little blockades like aff's blank page that require a date of birth. As well as the "Free Points.." They do not read rules or understand them. We are not going to get them all off, but the ones that would admit their age, can be banned, their lack of maturity will do them in.

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Sebastian (L13)Mookyul (L10)Usami Akihiko (L9)
    (S074) Akihiko KajiTakano (L3)Mikami (L3)
    Kou (L5)Nakajima (L9)Yukimura (L7)
    I don't want to sound rude here but I think that it's also up to the responsability of viewers to respect rules. Admin and Staff actually give numerous warning about age requierments 1/ to sign up and 2/ to certain sections not suitable.

Sure it would be handy that in order to prevent further issues, the threads were automatically not accessible for people under age, but then again, you reply on what the user says without any proof they tell the truth about their age. It would only take working out numbers and still be able to see the 18+ thread at 14 !

I wonder if I make any sense

CrisNoWAit & Dreadlordaliu ... how evil are you to bait people out like that with points ! How come you neglect the impact of cookies too ?

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Koko Hekmatyar (L5)Re-L Mayer (L3)Sion (L7)
    Nai (L6)Alois (L6)Ciel (L9)
    Strawberry Cake 1Ramen 1Lin Xianming (L8)

I didn't know of the Xmas trap for -16. Very astute although it takes a dumb to fall in such a trap, so it shows that they really hadn't the maturity to be here and had to be kicked out. Very
    Last edited by accatone; 12-17-2008 at 05:53 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast