aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Thread: More mods?

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

More mods?

See topic. The thread closed before I could put my two cents in, ah well.

How do you guys feel about the idea of having more mods? The forum is visited daily by numbers of a -very- large scale, and it's pretty much common knowledge that the mods are frequently busy, so I think opening up new spots for new moderators should take off some load off the mods' shoulders. What do you guys think?

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Roxas (L4)Batman (L1)Kakashi (L10)
    (S010) JokerButters (L4)Quatre (L6)
    Muraki (L8)Iruka (L8)Edward (L5)

If it helps the mods get some weight off their shoulder and proves beneficial, that sounds very helpful. We all have lives and the mods are no different. They do a wonderful job and maybe a couple extra might assist them since the site is just growing and growing with more members.

Of course, I know it's up to them to decide but it would be nice to know that they don't feel too stressed or tired from having to do so much work

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

I have read the topic and I think a Spell Check/Grammar Check mod is not needed.
    I've posted suggestion for it too.
    We will open up mod application when we feel the need to have more mods.
    Currently, we have just enough mods to help around the forum.
    Most of the time, mod application opens once every year or depending on the need to have more mods.

Thank you for your suggestion. XD

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by aarinfantasy View Post
    I have read the topic and I think a Spell Check/Grammar Check mod is not needed.
    I was talking about the number of mods (I literally lol-ed at the idea of a spelling check mod! If that's the case I nominate myself to be the !!! mod - BANHAMMER for overuse of !!! ) but all right, thanks for your reply!
    Last edited by Jade; 05-05-2008 at 02:09 AM.

Yaoi Lover
    India, though I'd go anywhere with my computer and networks ^_^
    Savings

Ace (L5)Heart 1 (Blue)Luffy (L10)
    Sebastian (L13)Shanks (L8)Gray (L9)
    Sanzo (L10)Zoro (L7)Sanji (L9)

Oh my, another such thread did open up! Though I'm kinda glad to see it has got a much more positive tone to it. ^^

But yes, as Aarin herself pointed out, I'd think the admins/mods would let us know if they think they need more people to manage. All of them have their real lifes to live as well, and we can find our way around here by ourselves. Isn't much of a problem of me, at least. I obviously can't speak for others.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Phoenix View Post
    Oh my, another such thread did open up! Though I'm kinda glad to see it has got a much more positive tone to it. ^^
    Well, I admit I can (to an extent) see where the OP of that topic was coming from - when I first got here to this forum, I was astonished by the amount of fangirlspeak/spelling errors, emoticons that eat up the posts, '!!!' and 'KYAAAS' all over the place, giving me flashbacks on how my twelve-year-old kid sister would type in IRC even though it's a 16+ aged forum. It doesn't bother me as much anymore, as I don't really hang out here as much as people do, and everyone just wants to have fun anyway! (So I'll keep the grammar nazi in me in check, even if I do sometimes encourage people to post tl;dr posts which is why despite the subject topic, I was all shiny-eyed over that other topic hahahah. )

On mods, yeah, that's reasonable. Wish everyone good luck for their apps this or next year!
    Last edited by Jade; 05-05-2008 at 03:03 AM.

Inochimizu
    Thread closed, the suggestion has been acknowledged.