aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    darkparagon
    Yep I understand that there are already a lot of very good treads offering interesting and valuable information (I’ve posted on and viewed nearly all of them which you have suggested, some time in the past , and your right they do provide rather agreeable amounts of help), and yes I understand it would be hard for people to consider what an educational tread is, depending on how people interepate information, but a few other forums I vist do have sub sections such as tutorials, in order to help people, which I always find valuable. Plus as you pointed out subjects such as this can be found in certain areas of the forum, such as help forum, artwork, technical issues, writers lounge, and even though they can be found in sections such as that, it dose not neceally mean that that they are easy to find, But as you and others have pointed out a section like this would be unnessory, and pointless to have.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t really consider life issues as educational, although it dose provide great information to other forum members it was not educational as I was thinking, neither was it to solely relate for discussions, by bringing up the topic of having educational discussions, I was just replaying to Nuriko and Lent Comments on why they dislike the idea, as I thought that was that they where referring to, I was thinking more of a kind of tutorial section kind of thing Not a place solely for discussions, but then again you referring to your point, there is the problem of people having different ideas on what is educational or not. This paragraph is a really good example of it, as you think life issues tread is educational where I do not, which dose scream out that your right with the fact people have alternative views on this matter, which would be highly confusing for the mods/admins to deal with. I’m not to sure what you mean by saying, that when a topic becomes more of a discussion then educational, as I’m just a little confused about that, because most educational subjects regardless of it nature or prone to discussions, of some kind, do you mean if the discussion comes off the topic at hand, or something different? As I think decussing a subject is the most important part of learning about something.

As a lot of people have talked about the search function, I certainly do not think something like this should subatue the search function what so ever, that is a rather helpful tool which I do use three/four times a week when I’m to lazy to browse though the forum, but the fact that in order to find the treads containing things like tutorials dose suggest to me, that maybe those kind of treads are not as easy to find as people think, as instead of knowing to go to a certain section they have to search it , I could be very wrong with that.

Well I get the feeling I’m beating a dead horse here as people mainly see this idea as counterproductive towards other areas of the forum, and it would be hard to catalog a subforum like this, I just thought it would be easier to have all things like tutorial material in one place, rather then having them posted among the rest of the posts, in other sub forums, plus I think it would also make searching for a topic easier, even if it is just though using the search function. I think what you are saying that dragging threads of a particular kind such as tutorials, FAQs, help sheets, guidance and so on, into another subsection of their own has lot of negative aspects to it, as there is always going to be a fight between people who want information on a particular topic in one place, and information on a particular kind in another, I’m I right with this? If so I can understand the trouble that this kind of section can cause with forum members, and if most members or happy with the layout and where to find information, then I can see why it would be pointless to make changes, to where things can be found. I just thought it would be interesting to have something like this, plus I think it could have some benefits to it, as well. Considering that you didn’t talk about views as a singular person, and used ‘we’ I guess the mods/admins have talked about this already and have decided against it, so I guess it would be pointless of me, to carry on further with this topic.

And I got lots of peas!

Savings

(S010) JokerTaki (L1)Riki (L4)
    Yukihito (L1)Sakuya (L5)Takenaga (L5)
    Ueno (L5)Jiang Wei (L2)Sono (L3)

Thanks for explaining in more detail, especially about what you consider educational.

Any discussion oriented threads are best kept within the appropriate section I think, but tutorials might be a thing to look into...

Until now we either create sub sections for help oriented threads (like the Tech Help or the Artwork Help for example) when enough material is there or make threads in a certain section sticky (like the Translation Center or Download Guides and similar guides, like info about forum functions or index threads or guides in the Video and Codec section,...) so that people will see them more easily...

So, basically the most likely way for another section or sub section being created is to have enough material to move there. For example, if more and more people start to write guides on a specific topic (but not just copying others' tutorials and post them here, this is plagiarism, people can use google for such things), chances are high that these threads are made sticky in the related section so everybody benefits from them or even a sub section is created for them eventually.

An example would be people starting to write scanlation tutorials, probably the first threads would be made sticky, but if a certain number of tutorials is there, maybe a sub section for scanlating manga would be created... Same goes with any other topic, yet it is more likely for anime, manga and BL related tutorials to get stickied or their own educational section, with topics that would usually go into the Everything Else section (apart from technical topics) a tutorial section is more unlikely unless the material is really screaming for putting it in a tutorial section... And then it would be only one huge subsection unless it really gets hard to browse.
    (Example here: if someone decides to share his cooking recipes, we would probably ask him or her to post all recipes in one thread in the Chit Chat or EE section, it is also unlikely that a cooking sub section is created, because this forum mainly deals with BL manga and anime, the EE section is there for everything else, as the name already suggests, but this section isn't meant to become bigger than the sections it was originally intended for).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123