aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Asami (L10)Heart 1 (Red)Akihito (L10)
    Spacer 1Fei Long (L10)Spacer 1
    Okita (L8)Gokudera (L8)Hijikata PMK (L8)

Quote Originally Posted by lent View Post
    I don't really care for more forum sections like that as this is not a general sex board but a yaoi/BL anime/manga board and I for one would like it to stay that way.

Agreed

darkparagon
    I was not thinking of it to be on a sexual subjects, it just happens that sex was what the subject of the tread which the decussion of an educational section come up, it dosn't mean I want it to be about sex , and I'm sorry if that tread upsets anyone or makes them feel uncomtable, if it dose I would rather it be deleted, then have people feeling like that, I did mean it to come across as making aarin look like a general sex board more to allow people to get educational information on sex, as there are so meny treads about sex/masterbation, which hardly any of them talk about sex in a mature and educational manner, although I don't always talk about it in a mature manner either. When I made that tread I just thought it would be intereting to have a place which people could talk about sex, without all them *rape* game things, again if it makes people uncomtable I would rather it was removed,

Rather the idea of an educational section, was more about things that people find of interest, and serious educational subjects people wish to talk about, but you all do have a fair point that there are a large number of boards already and anouther one would be confusing for some people. As for what people would post, there are examples of different kind of people seeking eductional information around the forum, such as people asking for tutoring help, others telling storys of different aspects of history and mythology, language tutoring, I've even had decussions on here about different journal articles, and how to find good sources of primary data for reasearch, examation tips and help, I for one find all of them very interesting but to be honset, when I started this tread, I had known from the start that the responce would be that we already have a chit chat section and a everything else sections, so I'm really not suprised or down hearted by any of the replays, I just thought it would be interesting to see what people thought of this idea, although I now its not likely going to happen, I do think it would be interesting
    Last edited by darkparagon; 08-19-2007 at 09:39 AM. Reason: XD spelling

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Kakashi (L10)Iruka (L8)Katou (L9)
    Iwaki (L9)Yuki Eiri (L9)Sanzo (L10)
    Yamato B (L8)(S021) RikiSoubi (L10)

Well, the thing is that this forum is hard to keep ordered anyway because it's simply so big and things like an educational forum would have to be monitored closely which is putting a nearly impossible task on the mods here.
    After all, who educates whom? To educate someone on a topic, you need to be an authority, otherwise people either get eduated wrongly or biased.

Further, in order not to make this forum fall apart topicwise, seeing that mods and admins are very busy at times, it should be in our all best interest to have this forum focus mainly on BL and Yaoi and leave other things to the sections they belong.

Like for instance, we don't have a seperate Drama CD section yet, it's mixed with the live movies section. I proposed this once and it wasn't disapproved but said that it would maybe be installed some time in the future when there's more time for things like that. I for one would like to see the forum expand in those BL related sections rather than adding things that don't have too much to do with it.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Asami (L10)Heart 1 (Red)Akihito (L10)
    Spacer 1Fei Long (L10)Spacer 1
    Okita (L8)Gokudera (L8)Hijikata PMK (L8)

Plus, considering the "authority" thing; I'm pretty sure that useless fights about "correct" answers (everyone has an opinion and there ARE people who will think that only their answer is the right one XD) will occur >_<

Besides, if there would be an education section and (for example!) one of my opinions/answers were taken in a wrong way who is going to held responsible for this? O_o
    Sounds weird, but this could get into serious trouble...

Ah.... @lent : I would also vote for a seperate BL Drama section

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Kakashi (L10)Iruka (L8)Katou (L9)
    Iwaki (L9)Yuki Eiri (L9)Sanzo (L10)
    Yamato B (L8)(S021) RikiSoubi (L10)

@Nuriko About the responsibility/fighting issue, yes, those were my concerns as well.

About the seperate Drama CD talk section, well, my initial thread should still be around somewhere in the attics of this section, feel free to show your support!

darkparagon
    Of cause there would be a huge problem of staffing and having an extra section, as staff here are already overlly busy with other things in this forum and their own lifes, which is most likely be one of the most important things to consider, but you are quite right Lent, this is a yaoi forum and things which relate to it should be considered first, before anything, because after all this is what this forum is primarily about. This is how ever only a suggestion, which I have said a on a number of occations I know is very unlikly to come about, and I do not consider it more important then expanding the BL and yaoi section. In fact I would rather have a drama section then an educational one, for the same reasons you have said, as this is a yaoi forum. This how ever is just a suggestion, which I know is one where I'm just beating a dog when its down, by carrying on why I think we should have it, because I know its never going to happen Plus there seems to be no interest in it, so that just make the chances of getting it next to nothing

I also understand that there will be a problem with, people miss interpreting information, but I would hope that people would not use it as a primary sorce of data, but rather seek out more concrete sorces of data, or asked to be directed to the source of data, which the person got the information from, so they can determine the value of the information they have gotten. But even though the information given may not be 100&#37; accurate, learning though more 'peer' basied methods, do help a lot of people, and can make some thing alot more interesting, plus people can explain things in ways books and articles can't, but again I would hope no one would use any information as a primary soruce of data, more as a tool in helping them with their learning curve.

As for people taking something you said the wrong way, this often occurs in any descussion online, and is always a negative thing, but anything posted in this section would be subject to the same rules as the rest of the forum, and delt with the same as any discussion which gets out of hand on the forum, but I think forums are for decussions, and why should and educational subjects, not be open for decussions? Well at lest I think that is what you are impling, but I could be wrong on that An educational section would, I think offer, a place for people to get down to some very interesting decussions, in a mature repectable and serious manner. With I would rather enjoy, and I hope others would to.

Again yes, I agree responsibility/fighting can be a very serious issue, and should not be taken lightly, and should also be considered as a major concern, in respects to this topic.
    Last edited by darkparagon; 08-19-2007 at 11:26 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

I support an Education Forum, sub-Forum, or Sticky Thread. I'm a teacher and would love to help forumers with any questions they may have about the subjects in which I am an "expert."

I don't really understand the reasons given against the forum. It would require little moderation, as I cannot understand what sort of fights would erupt over a discussion about Jane Eyre or how to plug a group of numbers into the distance formula. *scratches head*

Darsh
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuriko View Post
    Plus, considering the "authority" thing; I'm pretty sure that useless fights about "correct" answers (everyone has an opinion and there ARE people who will think that only their answer is the right one XD) will occur >_<
    I don't think 'fighting' is the right word for it. I would rather like to call it 'heated discussions' over something that one believes to be right. It could be fun considering the topic... And honestly, if people have their minds set on firing up an argument, anything would do really. All you need to prevent that is a strict set of rules and code of conducts, but that's gonna just add work for the admins.

However, I do think Lent and everyone has a very good point on the unsettling expansions of topics outside Yaoi. I need to only glance up at the title bar of the window to see 'aarinfantasy's YAOI collection', and yet I don't doubt there are enough irrelevant topics out there to outweigh the yaoi aspect of the forum. I'm not saying delete them altogether (since there are sections set up especially for non-yaoi talks), but I do hope there will be more yaoi topics out there that explore more fields than just the repetitive questions such as 'are you a seme or a uke'. Just my humble opinion.

darkparagon
    I think both artemisMS and Darsh made very valued points there.

I also think that if an argument did break out over a certain subject, it might not always be a negative thing, as gaining experience in developing constructive criticism over a topic is a very important thing to learn I think, and as a lot of people on this forum are mainly studying I think it would hold a huge benefit, plus it will also help people actively search for information, to back up their discussion, I would hope.

I think a good example of this (for me) I think, is I recall the last little 'heated decussion' on aarin, that I was involved in, it was on circumcision (not a subject I was thinking would go in an educational section), and although people where in disagreements over their views and other peoples, most of the discussion was biased on valued primary sources of data, such as research articles and information from the WHO, that although it did get a little personal at times, the information I gained from it was very valuable, and certainly enriched my knowledge on the subject, unlike most other so called ‘flames’, I’ve been in, and to be honest I really enjoyed it, and I think an educational section would provide more chances to have such, enriching and interesting discussions, but I don't think all subjects raised will develop in to such heated decussions, only a few, if any were to break out Plus not all subjects I imagen will lead to debates, as I'm sure there would be people asking for information on certain subjects, such as how to do a formula, learning a language, are help with stress relating to learning, and so on. Plus any disagreement on a subject, I hope would be dealt in a well controlled manner, like almost everything on this forum, thanks to the wonderful mods and admins, but as Darsh pointed out again the topic of this been a yaoi forum. I heartily agree that yaoi subjects should be considered first, as this is what this forum is about, and yes having a subsection/sticky tread like this might cause a lot of hard work for the mods/admins, and take them away from more important tasks in the forum. This I certainly would not want.

Last edited by darkparagon; 08-19-2007 at 02:29 PM.

And I got lots of peas!

Savings

(S010) JokerTaki (L1)Riki (L4)
    Yukihito (L1)Sakuya (L5)Takenaga (L5)
    Ueno (L5)Jiang Wei (L2)Sono (L3)

It is already possible to create threads that have also or solely educational purposes, like asking for a translation, asking or offering advice on life issues, drawing tutorials, writer questions, download instructions, BL game help, lists about translated BL dramas, homework tutoring, yaoi dictionary, a whole section dealing with technical problems forumers experience and so on... (click on the words for some examples)

And what exactly defines a thread being educational or not?
    Do you mean topics like described in your last post?
    ...Plus not all subjects I imagen will lead to debates, as I'm sure there would be people asking for information on certain subjects, such as how to do a formula, learning a language, are help with stress relating to learning, and so on.
    People are already asking, offering and giving each other advice on various topics in the forum sections suited best for it. Either they start a thread telling people that they can help with a certain topic or they ask for help and other forumers answer them there.

It is more useful to have each thread in a section where people are most likely to look for it because it is topic related, secondly, it will be very difficult to decide whether a thread is fit for the educational section (which by the way would either be totally without order or yet a load of sub sections would be needed, basically for the same topics for which there already are sections, like artwork, manga, technical issues, life issues, writing...) or the normal sections, a lot of threads in this forum contain information to some degree, so which of these should be moved to the educational section and which not, and should threads be moved back when there is more discussion than information?

The best way to find the information you are looking for is still to use the very efficient search function of the forum, which sadly a lot of people still fail to do, and if nothing comes up, create a thread in the section best suited for the topic. That way it is most likely that people interested or knowledgeable regarding this issue will see your thread and post there.
    If you want to offer advice or information, just make a thread in the appropriate section, people will surely be thankful for any help

If I misunderstood what you mean with educational threads, please explain in more detail so we can better address your suggestion.
    Last edited by Yavannah; 08-19-2007 at 06:36 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast