aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    xxradi
    yea she just switched them. she hasnt really made it public yet because she hasnt changed the users who are already 'yaoi queen' to 'yaoi veteran' yet. the reason mines is changed is because i never had the yaoi queen title.
    I heard their might be some new titles, *after extreme yaoi guru* but im not completely sure.
    : D
    Last edited by xxradi; 08-27-2009 at 01:02 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Awesome! Hopefully we will get our custom ranks, too

Total Yaoi Freak
    Staring into the nothingness of eternity alone and oddly enjoying it
    Savings

Dante (L9)Dante (L8)Vergil (L9)
    Ewon (L2)Mookyul (L2)Saitou HK (L1)
    (S029) Charles J. Chrishunds (Charley)(S017) Tatsumi SouichiNero (L8)

Yay~

I hope we get more ranks, I'm nearly at the end of the list DX

I'm not too bothered about writing whatever I want under my name though XD

I wonder what kind of new ranks they'd make

Yaoi Veteran

Savings

Harada (L1)Tetsunosuke (L6)Alois (L6)
    Ginko (L6)Ritsu (L6)(S026) Kei Yamashiro
    Belphegor (L6)Chibitalia (L4)Yoshida (L6)
    Quote Originally Posted by izumeseijin View Post
    My two cents: I can't imagine the amount of spam posts this could generate so it should be kept to points?
    THat's exactly what I think. I don't think anything in this forum should be decided with the post count as a factor. You know....don't want to sound mean or vicious but we have seen our share of newcomers who stink up the place with their spam just for the sake of boosting their post count.

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

Sesshoumaru (L7)Tsuruga (L9)Fye (L10)
    Pray for JapanHikaru (L1)Kurogane (L4)
    MokonaAkira (L2)Byakuya (L7)

Those who can actually write what they want under the nickname are mods and admins.
    And as said on th first posts- only the people who deserve it- with a specific amount of posts, points, contributes, etc.. will have the right to change it. And the mods and admins are those people.

I don't really mind about what is under my name. I mean, yeah, it is nice to know that your in a "higher" rank or so, according to how active you are (again- non spam posts), and that when at first when I came here, and an "Yaoi devotee" posted at my thread I was like "Whoa..! *worship*" but I don't think that this is what the members should look at and make the friendship by this.

I think I made my point.. behind all those blabberings of mine..

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

I'm not really sure I understand the argument of "This is obviously a special privilege, and only mods and admin should have this privilege." For one thing, you don't become a mod for the perks; you volunteer to become a mod because you care about the forum and want to do your part. And since it's an appointment and not something anyone can do, no matter how active or dedicated to the forum they are, it seems really unfair that only "certain" appointed people would receive this perk. See what I mean?

Also, it seems a little self-defeating to want to give perks to other people and deny them to oneself, no matter how hard you work to gain points and/or contribute to the forum

As for spam issues, the other forum I'm watching, where they do have custom titles for members with 1,000+ posts, they have no more problems with spam than we do.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Well the other thread was inexplicably closed, and we've not heard from admin on this suggestion, so ... just wanted to bring the discussion to everyone's general attention again

Ohh I would also like to point out/suggest that changing the title under one's name after a certain number of posts, etc. wouldn't really have anything to do with rank ... but would be another form of self-expression, kind of like how we choose which cards go in our post-bit, or what characters we have as avatars and signatures ^^
    Last edited by Artemis Moonsong; 10-25-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Mordor
    I think that it would be too much trouble.

1. If we get to change it freely, moderating what we write there would be too hard for the staff. because lets face it, some do not respect the rules, or consider that this is still a forum for underaged people as well.
    2. If we get the option to buy/earn it, and if it would be up to a staff-member to write it there, it would bring even more work for them.
    3. Those who has "formerly *name here*" could not get it changed anyway, since I think that needs to be there to prevent misunderstandings on ones identity etc.
    4. Even though it is an option to express ourselves and make us different from others, it is unnecessary. We can already modify our profiles, sigs etc. in order to express ourselves.
    5. Aarin, Dai or idk who, obviously put a lot of trouble coming up with our current ranks. If everyone would get the chance to just change them however they please, the current ranks would become totally pointless.

I have nothing against the special ranks really, just that this forum is huge. Even if there would be restrictions on who gets the option to change it, the group would most likely not be small enough, and even then the rest of us without that option would get pissy.

//wasn't there an option to buy this before? Like, loong time ago? If there was, and there isn't anymore, it's pretty clear what the admins answer is anyway.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Gyokuyou (female) (L1)Roy Mustang (L10)Mato (L2)
    Kuugen (female) (L1)Firion (L2)Gyokuyou (L1)
    Kagami (L4)Balthier (L6)Star 1 (Silver)

As long as I can remember we didn't have that option before. And I don't think it would cause sooo much trouble at all... It's the same with our signatures, 98% of aariners respect the rules and don't break them at all, so it doesn't need to be moderated so much.
    Also, if we would have that option like in other forums we would be able to change the title for ourselves when we reached the criteria for that option.
    If you have a "formerly xxx" title, you could leave it as it is (if you want to) right?

And we could still have our current ranks. It ends at "Extreme Yaoi Guru" anyway, so we could have custom ranks at 2000 post, or 3000 post or even highter.

With all the new forum functions, I think this is something that can be considered.
    Has the aarin staff already posted any opinions regarding this matter?

Mordor
    Quote Originally Posted by Himmelmez View Post
    As long as I can remember we didn't have that option before.
    I think it was before 2007. I remember hearing about it before. But maybe I am wrong and mixing this up with some other forum I am on. ^^;;

And I don't think it would cause sooo much trouble at all... It's the same with our signatures, 98% of aariners respect the rules and don't break them at all, so it doesn't need to be moderated so much.
    Yet I see at least 3-5 signatures that are clearly breaking size-rules every day. So my eyes are telling that about 40% don't even bother to read a little rules like sig-rules, yet along respect them. "hey, if I put my sig with [IMG]-code it can be way bigger than the rules say!" <-- I actually saw that once upon a time as a tip to others in one thread

Also, if we would have that option like in other forums we would be able to change the title for ourselves when we reached the criteria for that option.
    If you have a "formerly xxx" title, you could leave it as it is (if you want to) right?
    I know that it is possible to give that option to those who meet the criteria, but deciding the criteria will be troublesome (I think posts are out of the picture imo, it is inviting spam already with the normal ranks.)
    And as for the formely xxx-thing, I would love to get rid of it. But it would be unfair to others, who already saw me around as Morgandy and talked to me while I was using that nick. So imo, this would be out of the picture with those who have changed their nick at some point.

With all the new forum functions, I think this is something that can be considered.
    When it comes to new forum functions, I would be way more happy to get something useful, like bigger PM inbox
    (Or maybe the option to mass-delete our VMs ourselves, but I guess that would be too hard to arrange)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast