aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Discord?

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Kazama Chikage (L6)Akira TnC (L9)Mitsutada Shokudaikiri (L8)
    Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Shinpachi HK (L1)Stay Safe (2021)
    Alaude (L10)Shiranui (L1)Saitou Hajime (L5)
    I'm not for it either, and I'm a huge Discord user.

I would prefer to see activity here on the forums.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Testament (L8)Joe (L8)Saionji (L5)
    I think there needs to be a good balance. A discord or other modern social media presence would be good to bring in new people.

I've noticed a growing trend of people who are tired of the modern social media way of hyperspeed communication, and want to have a community for slower discussion. And many of them don't know that there are forums still struggling to stay alive that would do better if they joined them, because sites like tumblr and twitter have trained them not to go out and search, but they instead expect these things to show up for them on their timelines for easier use. (I used to be like this. and I think it would benefit a lot of new fujos to see the history of their community and to have a nicer environment to talk about yaoi in!) segueing from discord is a nicer way to ease them into forum use, I think.

Maybe the best option would to be teaming up with an already established yaoi discord and advertise there, to save aarin and any other moderator the trouble of having to set up a whole new thing.

JJR
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

As someone who does frequent discord, i still feel that a forum is more efficient. especially with all the categories, it's would be easier to just navigate thought the forums instead of a Discord server where often posts get buried and and rooms can get messy.

Yaoi Fan

Savings

DS_005_leftDS_005_midDS_005_right
    Shiki TnC (L10)DS_001_midAkira TnC (L9)
    DS_006_leftDS_006_midDS_006_right
    Yup, from personal experience on Discord - it's only good if you wanna DM with close friends, but for group chats... idk, I didn't like it (or at least being inactive on current server).
    Besides, Discord is more fitting for people who rather prefer quick-paced chat. So, if you wanna say a lot of things at once - either be a quick or spam with 4-5 words sentences.
    That's why a forum format for this site, 'cos here you can take as much time as you need to reply and you won't need to spend a lot of time scrolling up and catch up with the chat.
    More so, there is a bigger limit per post/message and you don't need to fit into the frame of 8 mb file size.

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

Just wanna let everyone know that I've read your feedbacks Thank you.
    Some plan is underway but not Discord or at least not anytime soon with Discord. At the moment, I'm also posting on social media like Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

on the rooftop of Namimori Middle School with my husband
    Savings

Hibari (L1)Hibari (L8)Hibari (L3)
    Hibari (L7)Hibari (L10)Hibari (L4)
    Hibari (L6)Kurosawa (L4)Adachi (L4)

This discussion is prob over already LOL but... Discord is so difficult to use. maybe I'm gettin' old...

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I would love to see a Discord server. Even if it's quiet and lowkey, it would be a wonderful way to create a sense of community for everyone who has come to aarinfantasy over the years. I feel like a lot of people are looking for that kind of connection and I think it would make people feel happy to see it come alive.

But that said I will do my best to participate here in the forums as well. They're a special place and not many like it left on the net anymore.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Gojo Satoru (L9)Sukuna (L9)
    Would def. support an Aarin Discord! I stay primarily on a specific BL channel so having more people to talk to about similar interests would be great!

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Sousuke Yamazaki (L9)X Standard (Black)Rin Matsuoka (L9)
    Zoro (L9)X Standard (Black)Sanji (L9)
    Erwin SnK (L9)X Standard (Black)Levi SnK (L9)
    i have discord account but my notification on my phone is off.. haha

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I guess those of us "in a certain age" - are used to forums. I admit I have also used discord, but it was due to groups migrating there. I find forums easier to classify and navigate, but it could be just an old dinosaur's opinion

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast