aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

Miyasaka (L3)Yano (L7)Sacra
    Youko Nakajima (L3)Keiki (L1)Shouryuu (L2)
    Armin SnK (L9)Jean SnK (L8)Colossal Titan (L9)

Gosh I'm so happy to see I'm not the only one who things this is something that needs to be sorted out ^^

Quote Originally Posted by AlexiaLee View Post
    Definitely, this way it will have more visibility and people might have curiosity to check how things work under that section.
    I'd actually love to volunteer to be a mod for this part, the problem is that I'm a bit passive in my contribution and the time I spend here atm because of school and i have no idea how long it'll take for this to clear up.
    Either way i definitely support the idea.

As for the onshots that were later compiled in tankobon (and doujinshis that later got tankobon release) I suggest it is actually merged with tankobon topic. Why? Simply because in many cases it gets merged at mangaupdates as well. And may people use that to help them find stuff. And as long as you keep all the names in the topic people should be able to find it (well as long as the search works ^^; ... there is also another option though. Though I'm not sure if it'll work. When topics are moved to another section the link to it stays in the first section where it was posted. Maybe something similar could be done with topics that are merged.
    Like if a topic from oneshot section is merged with topic in manga section, we have only the topic in manga section but in onshot section the topic which is actually a link to manga section topic remains. But i think that would make the sub forum look crowded.
    Also as long as it's explained somewhere i don't think it should be much of a problem for members.

The bigger problem I see for the future are web manga. There may not be many of them yet but sooner or later they'll pop up. Many artist nowadays instead of releasing original doujinshis (that get picked up by a publisher later) publish web manga. Either using online stores that allow individuals to publish as well (though i guess this could be interpreted as original doujinshi), but many also offer their stuff for free on their home pages with no 3rd parties involved. I know for few artists like that since i share them sometimes, though i guess i always waited until it became some sort of "commercial" material. Not something to be worried about right now but I just wanted to point out that as long as people will feel a trace of this sort of material being welcomed here it'll increase in number as well.

BL 'til I die!

Savings

Jaehee (L5)For Me (Xmas)Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Dai Lee (L5)
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Heart 4 (Rainbow)

@Nachi; @PrinceTheRipper;

hi guys! so the new forum is under construction and now we're in a somehow huge predicament. Where do you think is better to put the original doujinshis based on published yaoi series =____= yes, yes, like Maiden Rose, Kizuna, Hydra, etc., etc.

There're of course plenty of other series floating around. I do understand that they were put in that section because they weren't published in any magazine and can't be really posted in the manga section because once a title is published in the U.S. the moderators close the thread. So.... let's say we're new forumers that want to download the doujinshis of such series, where would make more sense to look for them? In the Doujinshi (Original) section under Inariya Fusanosuke, Kodaka Kazuma, Miyamoto Kano or in the Doujinshi section under the name of the series? I kind of don't like the idea of seeing them among the non-original titles but... well, I'm not sure.

So what do you all think? if someone else wants to to share their thoughts about this topic, please go ahead and post them here or send me a PM

Extreme Yaoi Guru

physically: Berlin; mentally: Skyhold/Frostback Mountains
    Savings

Dorian Pavus (L9)The Iron Bull (L3)Cullen Rutherford (L6)
    Fenris (L6)Hawke (L2)Anders (L4)
    (Event) Forum - JuzumaruZevran Arainai (L8)Wolfwood (L10)

hm, actually I have to admit, when I was really a total Newbie and was looking for them I bet I would search the Manga section, because that's what i did back then, when I didn't even know what a Doujinshi is
    Maybe post a sticky thread in both sections for newbies to read and mention the difference? in case they are still not sure what they are searching for also mention the "search this forum" function?
    I mean what to do, if they know a title but for some reason not who is the mangaka? In that case they need the search function anyway I guess?

Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

Lists are not perfect and there is to many pages of different topics already so using search when you know what you want is pretty much a must anyway.
    And like i said as long as in the topic all titles are present (which usually are) the search should be able to find them.

As for the problem presented my personal opinion is that there is no other place for them than be posted under original doujinshi.
    1. They're made by original author and belong to the world of original story, therefore are not a parody (which is the pacid for doujinshis that is based of another story). Even in cases like Mimi to Boku by Kouga Yun .. it's an AU of Loveless but still done by teh original author so if they'd ever wanted the work itself can become licensed which leads me to...
    2. It's not part of the tankobon yet, but it can become(i believe half of vol. 8 of No Money is such case).
    3. And there is this nasty habit that some mangaka has.. the put several of their original stories onto one doujinshi... so under which fandom whey those be labelled as with they'll go into the usual doujinshi section?

Eitehr way i usually make it easy for me .. if a work is based one someone else's work than its a doujinshi-parody, if its based on someones own work than its doujinshi-original.

I have a question tough... what will the tags be like? Author or circle.... i see both now but I wouldn't know here to post them. My Shikocchuu topic can currently be found under F for Futase Hikaru... but some people know her under circle name LUNATIQUE more :/ And posting something that's not on forums yet i wouldn't know if I should post it according to authors name (in F forum) or under circle name (in L forum).
    I suppose that double tags are not possible? Even less the topic display in both sub-forums, right?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Gilgamesh (L10)Levi SnK (L8)Belphegor (L6)
    Graham (L1)Sougo (L7)Izaya (L3)
    Irabu (L6)Spacer 1Reborn
    I agree with @Nachi. Doujinshi made by the original authors should go to original doujinshi.
    As for the tags I think the more popular name should be used. Some authors don't have a circle name and some are only known under their circle name so always using author's name for tags or only circle's names wouldn't work. If people note in the description of the book along the title and rating the name of the author and the circle (if both exist) then finding them by using the search should be possible anyways no matter the tag.
    So the tag will be what the first mod decides is the more popular name and if the mod gravely misjudged it (which I doubt would happen all that often) it can still be changed later if people complain.

BL 'til I die!

Savings

Thx all for your input, since we agree about it then all those titles will go to the Original section.

As for particular inquiries:

It's not part of the tankobon yet, but it can become(i believe half of vol. 8 of No Money is such case).
    If a dj is picked to be part of a tankoubon release in the U.S. then it will be locked and labeled with the Licensed prefix. As this one here (which needs to be moved btw *cough*) but if it's not licensed and it becomes part of a Japanese tankoubon release then it can either stay there of be moved to the manga section (as long as someone reports the thread).

And there is this nasty habit that some mangaka has.. the put several of their original stories onto one doujinshi... so under which fandom whey those be labelled as with they'll go into the usual doujinshi section?
    Precisely to avoid this I think it's better to put them in the original dj forum.

what will the tags be like? Author or circle.... i see both now but I wouldn't know here to post them.
    As for the tags I think the more popular name should be used. Some authors don't have a circle name and some are only known under their circle name so always using author's name for tags or only circle's names wouldn't work. If people note in the description of the book along the title and rating the name of the author and the circle (if both exist) then finding them by using the search should be possible anyways no matter the tag.
    Yes, I thought exactly the same and so we decided to go with Artist/Circle as much as possible because:

1. There're plenty of threads with no official romanization of neither author nor circle. So if someone only knows a particular romanization of the artist's name or circle they might think that it's not the same stuff they're looking for.
    So having both of them on each prefix should reduce this problem. For example Riuwichi which is currently under [Riuichi / Sasaduka] because Sasaduka is the popular name.

2. Despite the criteria mentioned above, we need to reduce the number of prefixes to the most productive one. Hence we have only [Po-Ju] and not [Po-Ju/Circle] as we'd need at least 10 different prefixes.

3a. While the above criteria is still used we'll have cases like:
    [Sabawo / 380]
    [Sabawo / TRANSISTOR ANGEL]
    because that author is known mainly as TRANSISTOR ANGEL & 380 but making only [380] or [TRANSISTOR ANGEL] won't work due to the author being known for his particular collaboration in both of the mentioned circles. Also [380 / TRANSISTOR ANGEL] is not possible either due to our current tag format.

3b. Also, while it's possible to have [Yamato Nase / Shounen Bunka] we'd need as well [Yamato Nase] because she doesn't release always with her circle name. So you won't find [Yamato Nase / Shounen Bunka] nor [Watanabe Asia / Anettai Ajia Kikou] but only [Yamato Nase] & [Watanabe Asia].

Anyway, after much discussion that's how we'll tag each thread
    LUNATIQUE for example, is lead only by Futase Hikaru and releases always under the same circle, so it's pretty much a single unit (this thing is already affecting me orz). Not like Inariya Fusanosuke or Yoneda Kou for instance who use different pen names and work in different circles.

So yes, somehow the most popular name will be used but not always, it'd be decided after considering all that stuff. To avoid confussion regarding where a certain thread should be placed we'll make a master list with all the prefixes already in use. This way you can find easily using Ctrl+F in your browser without having to rely only on the forum's search engine. Taking again Nachi's example, people might search for LUNATIQUE but they will find instead [Futase Hikaru / LUNATIQUE] and so they would need to use this prefix and not other.

I hope this might clear more or less your doubts ^^;; if you want to contribute with more ideas don't hesitate to post again. Thx.

Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

Well personally i prefer to label with artist name as well and I restore to using circle name when the circle name is so ridiculously know that wast majority of people don't know the artist name (like Mentaiko (which is a circle name) .... apparently just a few people know Itto is the artists nick name, OK that might have changed now) and in cases when the artist name is to difficult for me to decrypt.
    So its good to know you have a general rule with what to go when an entirely new artist/circle pops up on forum (or generally in the communality).

One question though... what about the collaborations and anthologies. I'm pretty sure it'll be easily solved with the "various" tag that's usually present in all other boards as well but i have this one particularly difficult case ^^;

Namely spill and diversion (there's more but the 2 are only ones i have atm). They're both part of ongoing anthology named "Oyaji uke" with some alternation in front or after the title, but that's the main theme of anthology. Now the problem is that most of the times this is published under circle STUDIO ASUMA (in this case functioning as publisher) but there are various different authors (for spill mugi doesn't name them all). And the problem is that some authors decided to make a parody some decided to make an original work as contribution. So where to post such a work?
    And I'm not sure how other uploaded would decide but would it be correct to post both titles in the same topic? They're part of same anthology and while most of the book are one-shots only I know that at least one title from spill is continued in diversion as well.

I know that there's a lot for mods to discus and you're all probably having a full head of it, but i think it's best to discus such things, if they're known, before they get scattered around different forums.

BL 'til I die!

Savings

Well yes, stuff like that is a bit problematic but fortunately for us the anthology is released always by a circle so I think the best option is putting it in the Dj (original) with [STUDIO ASUMA] prefix and the following volumes/releases all in the same thread.

Btw, I already moved the [Batman] RPPP by Kuzuya to the correct subforum. If you find more threads placed in the wrong section please send me a PM ^^

Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

True enough... but where shout an anthology like this be posted considering the content? The Doujinshi section or the Doujinshi (original) section?

And just to make it clear, rather than reporting the topic it's best to PM you?

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

Quote Originally Posted by Nachi View Post
    True enough... but where shout an anthology like this be posted considering the content? The Doujinshi section or the Doujinshi (original) section?

And just to make it clear, rather than reporting the topic it's best to PM you?
    AlexiaLee is now fully in charge for organizing that section, so you can PM her directly too. I will be assisting her to add prefixes in future. Thank you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast