aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Gojo Satoru (L9)Starrk (L9)Theodore (L2)
    November (L8)Thane Krios (L7)Munechika (L9)
    Kirishima Zen (L10)Kakashi (L8)Dino (L9)

Post count in the General Games section

Hello everyone,

I've noticed over the past while that posting in the General Games section of the website no longer counts toward a user's post count. I was just wondering if I could get some feedback as to why that decision was made (or if it was always like this and I just never noticed), because I think it's a little silly. I think we can all agree that this forum is generally aimed at fans of Japanese stuff who like BL/slash/whatever. Of course, there's discussion of western stuff too, but Japanese media are often the focus of our discussions. Video games, I believe, are a big part of that equation, and not just BL or Otome games. I like being able to discuss games (primarily Japanese games) on this website, because not only can I discuss a game I like, but I may also be able to add commentary related to a slash pairing that I like in the game, which I would never do at the general video game websites I visit.

I really don't understand why posting in the General Games section does not count towards post count. Generally speaking, the only good reasons for this would be because a. that section of the website is not relevant to the primary topic of the website (and if general anime and manga discussion are relevant, then I believe general video games should be as well) or b. that there is a lot of spam on that section of the forum and to discourage that, post count was removed. There is no spam in the general games section at all. It's quiet, but active enough to be kept around.

I would like to suggest that post counting should be either added or reinstated to the General Games section of the forum.

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

Hi there, I don't remember for sure if that section has "Post Count" counted or not in the first place. So let me check on it first.

EDIT @commonlogic ; I just checked... it wasn't counted in the first place for all the section under "Fans' Non-Yaoi/BL Interest" but I can have a discussion with the staff on this issue... and probably revise some sections for Post Counts since we have changed a few sections in the forum in the past.
    Last edited by Aarinfantasy; 05-31-2012 at 03:39 AM.

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Gojo Satoru (L9)Starrk (L9)Theodore (L2)
    November (L8)Thane Krios (L7)Munechika (L9)
    Kirishima Zen (L10)Kakashi (L8)Dino (L9)

Thanks @aarinfantasy. I figured it'd probably been originally like that, but since posts count in both the general anime and manga sections (I assume this was changed later), then I think the general games forum should as well. Thanks again for looking in to this.

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

@commonlogic ;

I had put this issue off for quite a while and didn't discuss this with the staff after all, but went ahead on my own to decide because they are having a lot to do lately with more major issues.

So here are the forums that I have changed from no post counts to Post Counted now:
    - Fans' Non-Yaoi/BL Interest
    - Claim points (tempo)
    - Voting Booth

And just a note for those who wants to know which forum still doesn't include post counts:
    - Community Café
    - One Stop Shop's Auction
    - One Stop Shop's Request
    - Contests and Trivias

~
    Last edited by Aarinfantasy; 07-22-2012 at 03:50 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I dont know if i should of posted in a new thread but since its about post counts, i thought to add it here

I noticed the post counts dont work in the anime downloads section or in the yaoi mania/chat/yaoi polls so i was also wondering if there is a reason for that because we are thanking the uploaders, which should be recognized with our posts too and the yaoi polls are where we express the same interests and have debates eg agreements/disagreements/share opinion so I think the post count should be included in these sections please.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Shinohara Keiji (L13)Togawa (L7)Tsubaki (L4)
    (S024) AsanoShima (L7)Zaki (L1)
    Sakuragi Hanamichi (L6)(S042) Murasakibara AtsushiNicolas Brown (L9)

Quote Originally Posted by KatieMH2 View Post
    I dont know if i should of posted in a new thread but since its about post counts, i thought to add it here

I noticed the post counts dont work in the anime downloads section or in the yaoi mania/chat/yaoi polls so i was also wondering if there is a reason for that because we are thanking the uploaders, which should be recognized with our posts too and the yaoi polls are where we express the same interests and have debates eg agreements/disagreements/share opinion so I think the post count should be included in these sections please.
    Well, you aren't supposed to post in the download threads anyway, unless you want to post a link. Posts that don't contain links are considered spam and are deleted, eventually. To thank the uploaders, click the "Thanks" button or give them some rep or send them a PM or VM

But anyway, why do people care so much about the post count?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by audiopain86 View Post
    Well, you aren't supposed to post in the download threads anyway, unless you want to post a link. Posts that don't contain links are considered spam and are deleted, eventually. To thank the uploaders, click the "Thanks" button or give them some rep or send them a PM or VM

But anyway, why do people care so much about the post count?
    Ah really?? I didnt know that but that rule seems a bit harsh if you ask me. Why not say thanks in a post too? idk

And ppl like to know how many posts they can get and how active around the sites they are. For me, for example, I have 15,525 posts on Niho and around 5,870 on Animepalm .... I love to post around and be active and have it shown to everybody

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Shinohara Keiji (L13)Togawa (L7)Tsubaki (L4)
    (S024) AsanoShima (L7)Zaki (L1)
    Sakuragi Hanamichi (L6)(S042) Murasakibara AtsushiNicolas Brown (L9)

Quote Originally Posted by KatieMH2 View Post
    Ah really?? I didnt know that but that rule seems a bit harsh if you ask me. Why not say thanks in a post too? idk
    That is in order to keep the threads in the download sections neat and easy to browse and to avoid unnecessary cluttering.

About the post/activity thing, I understand what you mean but think about it this way: the same rules apply for everyone. It just means that everyone's post count will be lower compared to other forums. Besides, I'm sure that if you're active, people will notice anyway