aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Ren Katakura (L8)Ibuki Takahara (L8)(S013) Akihito
    (S014) KeisukeRyouta Sasamori (L7)Souma Yukihira (L7)
    Jack Frost (L9)Todoroki Shouto (L3)Genos (L8)

Yes, or maybe expland the Who's Online Functionality

Untitled.jpg

to be able to sort user categories i.e.
    Admin • Tech Admin • Mod Team • VIP • Forum Support • Project Forum • Contributors

Although this may require a lot of work .

Update: I am not sure whether this will cause minor issues with fellow members that use hidden mode as sometimes I know previous mods do that in order to work on the forum with mininimal interruptions

F
    Last edited by Keita4ever; 01-16-2012 at 07:35 PM.

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Jack NBC (L10)Jirou (L6)Rai / Cadis Etrama di Raizel (L1)
    Hades (L10)(S035) HisokaYakumo (L5)
    Toothless(S028) Fushimi SaruhikoFrankenstein (L2)
    Not to rain on any parade but you are assuming we only are available when we are online, but if you write me a pm, for example, I also get a mail notice. So even if I am working on other things I am/be aware that something might need my attention on aarin.

And honestly I don’t like the idea of ‘checking in’ like a grunt worker. I know that is not what you meant and trying to figure out how to make the staff’s present better noticeable is the intend; but there are cases where something unexpected might happen and you can’t be online for a while but your statues says you are or will be… I can see some ppl getting quite disappointed with us then.

But everyone is right in that we need a system that lets others know when we are off for a foreseen prolonged time so that something like with PrinceTheRipper doesn’t reoccur. Maybe some thread in the ‘Announcements‘ forum would do?

As on how to find us: at the top of the forum bar you find the ‘Quick links’ there is list link to all of the staff members. Direct link: Show Groups - aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection
    Not sure if it’s easy to find for everyone, but it’s there.^^

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Quote Originally Posted by Rani View Post
    Maybe some thread in the ‘Announcements‘ forum would do?
    Yes, that is pretty much what I tried to describe in my last post. I think a stickied thread would be great, but would still require some additional, more obvious signage. Maybe something like this:

No laughing at my mad MS Paint skillz, people

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

Ideas noted, I will see what can be done. However, please take note that I will be very much away and fully concentrate on AnK OVA1 first. I may need some time to think some things over and see what's convenient and okay for the staff.

(writing the below for my own notes)
    Artemis Moonsong's idea about visiblity is quite appealing~ I will think about what to write there:
    - ways to contact staff or reports.
    - thread stating about any staff who is away for a period of time. (we do have this somewhere in the forum but it's very outdated due to lack of active updates and not too visible). Will need to re-do everything again.

Nether Horizon

Savings

Luffy (L10)(Event) Forum - LawZoro (L10)
    DalekNaruto Sage (L10)TARDIS
    (Event) Forum - Rayflo(S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S060) Kousuke Ooshiba

The Report Post function is still the quickest way to bring something to the first available staff member's attention. It's the first thing I check whenever I log into the site.

As of a couple of months ago or so when I returned as an active staff member on the site, I no longer go invisible when on the site. So, it should be pretty easy to tell when I'm online. Even if not on AF, I'm usually online--working on non-AF related projects... so a private message is likely to get a rapid response.

Anyone needing to contact staff but have reasons for not using the Report function can send me a PM as well. At the worst (busiest) of times, I may not be able to respond on the very same day, because of my weird schedule but at least within the next couple of days.

Also, a hint: when not home, I may not be able to access the forum depending on where I am. I can usually access my Twitter, Facebook or G+ at most times. The links are in my sig and it's fine to send me a message via one of those services if an urgent reply is needed.
    Last edited by Miko; 01-17-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

I am on the forum everyday. Even when I'm not at home, I can check the forum on my phone. When on my phone though, I can't really do much more than post.

Anyone can feel free to contact me by pm or vm. My strong points though are things related to contests and the one stop shop which is where I spend most of my time. So if you have an issue with something in the other areas of the forum, I can try my best to help or at least contact someone who can. As stated, I'm on invisible for personal reasons, but I'm usually online when I'm not sleeping or at work (I do check during my breaks though lol).

Smile, breath and go slow

Savings

Ayace (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)Canale (L9)
    Emba (L10)MeatBunYuuen (L9)
    (S067) Azumaya Junta(S054) Prompto Argentum(S076) SilverAsh

Well, just to add a bit, I think it is pretty sure that you can PM/VM any admin/mod/forum staff who appear online (in the Who is online section at the bottom of the main forum page), and they will either handle the problem or redirect to the appropriate person.

I know that some do not hesitate as I was contacted this way more than once, and if I don't know how to answer or I don't have the credential to act I do redirect to the admins or other mods... Usually it is taken care in the day or the next day (due to time zone difference)

As for an easier way to display the staff availability, there is an existing thread with the staff organization

So, this one could be just placed on an easier accessible location, and has to be updated anyway on a regular basis for it to be more accurate. But I am not sure it can be as accurate as some would like to see, as it is not so much possible to update the staff availability for short term period. I mean, unless we can set a calendar in advance with the resource planning... but it would/could be overkill and quite intrusive,

I thought that using the staff listed on each sub-section and checking if they are online and/or just contacting any admin/mod/support forum staff who is online would have been sufficient to deal with any type of issue. And publicizing the use of the report function as a tool to communicate with the staff in regard of any issue with the forum posts...

Would a FAQ/KB article be ok with an explanatory on who.how to contact staff based on specific issue?
    i.e.:
    (1) Tag to be updated -> use the report function
    (2) Want to change a username -> contact an admin
    (3) Private and delicate issue -> send a message to e-mail
    (4)...
    Last edited by angerbda; 01-17-2012 at 10:09 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123