aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kaname (L1)Ichijou (L3)Kain VK (L3)
    Aidou (L3)Shiki (L3)Ichiru (L4)
    Zero (L4)Yagari (L6)Haruka (L8)

Writing recommendations for anime/mangas/games on aarin's main site

I hope no one has suggested this yet. I did a search and didn't see anything. I also know that there is a forum called Manga Haven, which takes recommendations/reviews for mangas and another forum for anime and games as well.

However, I thought writing recommendations on the main site would be more convenient and would be nice for visitors/guests when they clicked on a manga/anime/game and scrolled down to see, not only reviews of it, but also the recommendation of that title.

Basically, I'm suggesting that members would be able to write recommendations for the mangas/animes/games and post them to aarinfantasy's main website in the same manor as the reviews.

For example, if you liked Junjou Romantica, you might also want to try Gravitation, Loveless, Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi, or Seitokaichou ni Chuukoku. Of course, like the reviews, the recs would also need to be approved, and perhaps, we could link each anime/manga/game back to its info on the main site.

What do you all think?

Mordor
    You can already get points for your reviews, and you can just write one and post it already so.. I don't see much difference between recommendations and reviews, for me they are basically serving the same purpose.
    I at least know there is a recommendation-thread for BL-novels in the manga-section, so maybe there is one for mangas as well. For the novels, it is a norm to write a short summary/review for it already, and therefore I just don't get what is the point in writing recommendation only, since that's kind of.. dull. Would be more interesting to know why you recommend them, are they similar in style, plot etc, and not just 'if you like this, read this and this as well.
    And you can just write in the end of your review something along the lines of 'if you like this manga, I also recommend xxx, xxx, and xxx for you. So for me it'd be just kind of pointless. But that's my opinion.
    Last edited by Mordor; 05-10-2011 at 05:58 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by meryvamp View Post
    For example, if you liked Junjou Romantica, you might also want to try Gravitation, Loveless, Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi, or Seitokaichou ni Chuukoku.
    That was a bad example.
    Instead of listing like I did, I meant to say we should only write one recommendation per manga/anime/game--like the reviews. I personally think this would be benefical to visitors and/or members who visit the main site because any one who searches through the manga/anime/game archives could look up the manga they want and see what other ones are like that manga (same with anime and games). Anyway, I find this extremely useful on other sites, so I was trying to make aarin's site...more up-to-date?

Here's my better example:
    If you liked Junjou, I think you'd also like Loveless. Both animes have a clueless, young character who is pursued by an older, good-looking male. Although the plot and settings are different, (Loveless is more fantasy and Junjou is comedy/slice of life), the relationships and interactions from both shows resemble one another. Fans of Junjou will surely enjoy watching Loveless.

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

I understand what you mean...
    Recommendations can be written as part of the review or at the end of the review. If not, you can also submit a recommendation style post in the review submission, and wait for the admin's approval.

The main site, unfortunately, has been lacking in certain areas. I remembered Dai-kun wanted to do something to the entire thing. So maybe the idea of having a Recommendation or "You might also like these titles..." part can be done if he decides to change the main site format and style.

Busy Body

Savings

Rin (L9)Yukio (L9)Daisuke (L10)
    Allen (L1)

Sigh the main site is sooooo outdated it makes me feel bad every time I view it. I have so much to do with the forum and other stuff that the main site isn't my priority anymore. But I will get to updating it one day!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Haha, yes, thanks Dai-kun. I thought it would be an interesting/helpful idea. If I knew anything about how to design/format web pages, I'd help you out there
    Well, once you do get it up and running, I will definitely be one of the first peeps to write some recs