aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Thread: Rich v. Poor

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Light (L10)

Rich v. Poor

There is much to talk about.

I know, staff has done a lot to help with the inflation of points, by having new policies on the bank interest and I believe we were asked to donate points for a bigger signature size. (which I loved)

But I just don't think it's enough.

Poorer aarin members aren't able to get enough participation in their contests because they are only offering in the 200K range because they can't afford much more.

I feel fortunate, I had a lot of help with points and I can navigate my way through photoshop and make signatures-- others cannot.

What is happening to the value of the points? Some people are making 100,00+ points a day for doing nothing but letting points lay around, while others are doing auctions, participating in contests, and still can't even scrounge up half of that.

It just seems wrong. I would love it if we had another 'donate points for a bigger signature size', but that's probably wishful thinking.

I don't have many solutions to this problem, I just hope we continue to encourage richer aarin members to support the newer/poorer members.

I think another problem is that all these rich members also have millions of points, and nothing to do with them. Yes, they hold contests and buy sets, and cards... but what else?

I think we need to add more to the iShop.

What about a raffle? It would be a good idea to cut down on points seeing as we have so many. And whatever the pot added up to, make a certain percentage the winner's amount.

Just a few ideas.

Yaoi Legend

~IN MY VERY OWN "LA LA LAND" TAMING HIBARI AND MUKURO~
    Savings

Vietnam (L10)(Event) Forum - KiseAmerica (L10)
    Sebastian (L13)Fei Long (L8)Sebastian (L13)
    (S058) MayaAsami (L12)(S055) Doumeki

I'm with you regarding "Bigger sig size"
    And yes, there are a lot of members can't even ask for more because of the ranking 200k~~~

Not too many people can do the donation~~~

What is the point of the site if there isn't any fun and not too many members... And I don't like the fact of RICH/POOR thing~~~
    We need to have fun time while we all here~~~

Mordor
    Well, just like you, the rich members had to work for theirs at some point. There used to be a time when this much points were not floating around, so in a way they had to work a lot harder than now, especially since the prizes in contests etc were a lot smaller.

It is unfortunate if people enter contests only if there is lots of points, but it is not the fault of rich members. It is something those who enter have to think about. Because, contests, just like anything in this forum, are supposed to be for fun.

There has been a thread open about new ideas on how to be able to spend points on the forum. And there will be more lv11-13 cards in the future I'm sure. :)

Also, when it comes to contests, rich members do offer points-help by sponsoring etc.
    Last edited by Mordor; 01-09-2011 at 07:49 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Itachi (L10)Hades (L10)Aoshi (L10)
    Saitou Hajime (L8)Shishio Makoto (L8)Sano (L5)
    Kenshin (L7)Barnaby (L2)Yahiko (L4)

I may not be one of the super-rich people on this forum, but I am rich enough.
    And as I cannot make sigs or upload stuff or whatever, every one of these points is a hard-earned one. I donated, for the bigger sig size, I was also participated in some card submissions, so I'm doing stuff with my points.
    And the others, the richer ones, do as well.
    To be honest, it slowly pisses me off, that everyone complains about people being too rich and having too many points. Yes, maybe now they don't ahve to do much to get lots of points only by gaining interest, but people seem to forget that these members also had to earn those points in the first place and I'm sure they worked as hard for them, as I did for mine.

5. + Show/Hide thank you list

Fuji
    The banking system has been recently reformed to slow down the inflation, which I thought was a great move. Could the banking system be changed again? Well, I'll leave that up to the mods to decide since they know the forum best.

I do disagree that it's the rich/poor divide taking the fun out of being on Aarinfantasy. You may think that's because I'm now on the "rich" side of the divide, but it took me a good half year working almost daily on Aarinfantasy to make my first million- and those were the times where I made the most friends and really became attached to Aarinfantasy. If I'd just gotten 1 million points donated to me from my first day, I'd probably have missed out on all of that. At that time, it seemed like almost everyone had more points than I did, but I only used that as a goal to strengthen my determination and work my way up.

But I do agree that it'd be nice for something to use all my points on. I'm not a big fan of cards or signatures. On the other hand, something that requires using points to purchase items to decorate my own Aarinfantasy apartment or petling or something would make me blow all my points in a couple days!

Yaoi Legend

~IN MY VERY OWN "LA LA LAND" TAMING HIBARI AND MUKURO~
    Savings

Vietnam (L10)(Event) Forum - KiseAmerica (L10)
    Sebastian (L13)Fei Long (L8)Sebastian (L13)
    (S058) MayaAsami (L12)(S055) Doumeki

Quote Originally Posted by Mordor View Post

Also, when it comes to contests, rich members do offer points-help by sponsoring etc.
    Yup~~~
    Like for submitting cards, I have seen those donated 5mils+ and those auctions for fundraising~ They also want us all to have fun time as well..... And all thanks to them that now we can have/see a lots of CARDS in iShop for your favorite bishies~~~
    Last edited by HEEDLESS; 01-09-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    I'm not really sure, hey can you untie me, pwease.
    Savings

Ginji (L9)Lightning (L8)Gray (L9)
    Balthier (L6)Rufus (L7)Cid Raines (L8)
    Noctis (L8)Dante (L8)Vergil (L9)

All of us older members have had to work hard for our points (harder than the new members have it nowadays). I remember how it took me forever to get my first million. Now, a new member can get it within a month. I don't agree that members with more points should "have" to do anything because others have less. But a lot of members do and they are the ones that donate and support new members with contests. Now, instead of saying how its unfair and they should do more, why not thank them for all that they ARE doing?

Yaoi Veteran

Savings

Hibari (L9)Kurama (L7)Goku (L6)
    (S009) HaviMitsuhide SB (L3)Giotto (L10)
    Pain (L10)Tsuna (L10)Byakuran (L9)

You're talking as if points define Aarin as a whole. They don't. If the points were removed, and also the cards because you didn't have points to buy them with, the forum would go back to being a normal one like the rest. Sure, people can gripe about not having points or having too many and not knowing what to spend it on, but that's just how a system like this works. There will be poor individuals, there will be rich ones. You see things all over the spectrum, and trying to take points away from rich members to help the poor would just unbalance things. You want points? Fine. Work for them instead of griping over the fact that you have none. It is possible to make more.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(S053) Victor NikiforovRamen 1Yuri Katsuki (L7)
    Strawberry Cake 1Xmas (006)Strawberry Roll 1
    Xmas (014)Xmas (009)Nyanko

@ op:I disagree with you.
    Where do think the rich ones get points from. They worked hard for it.
    We did not have a thread to go beg for points to hold contests either. And people join contest for fun. Not just for the sake of points.
    Sure points are part of the fun also and if you can get them buy asking others to donate, it's no longer fun (to me anyway)
    People please note you can't use points in real life and there is no need for "please help the poor thing"
    I'm just gonna repeat. Try working for points people. It's fun. Begging for points is not.

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

Dear all, this issue has been brought up on and off each year... and usually there's something done at least - like thinking up of some ideas to solve points usage (like having ppl to use points for card submissions and recently donating points for bigger sig size). Of course there are some ideas that I haven't put up yet because I wanted to solve the current forum problems first. I have to know how the new interest system works first before I can estimate on how much members should give back/donate/spend on anything new.

I have noted all the ideas in this thread, and got to close this thread first...

I can say that especially older members who were here from 2005-2007, had it more tough than the current 2010 members when it comes to points earnings. There were no interest system at all during the earlier years and a lot of times, it was only me hosting a few contests to give out points. Of course I understand that the value back then and now are different too... just think of it as a fun thing to use. As I always said in every thread similar to this: Earning it by your own self gives you a bigger satisfaction rather than just waiting for someone to donate to you.

12. + Show/Hide thank you list