aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ritsuka (L4)

Advanced Search - can you improve it? PLEEEEEEEES!

Sorry, but I have to tell this - I HATE the new forum! Design is nice, but the operation functions.....!!! Advanced Search is absolutely good for nothing! There is no option to select the part of forum in which to search - it's searching everywhere and it makes the search horror! When I'm looking for specific anime or manga, or looking for manga from specific mangaka I can't find it. What took in the old forum one minute, here it takes almost an hour! And the outcome is uncertain...

Please, is possible to do something with the Search?

In Love with Cute Chibis

Savings

Hongou (L10)Yuuya (L10)Kichou (L10)
    Klaus (L10)Taki (L10)Kagerou (L9)
    Wolfram (L10)Kazuki OTRFK (L10)Wataru OTRFK (L10)

Did you click on the "Search Single Content Type" after you select Advance Search (instead of using the "Search Mutiple Content Type" which is the default choice)?

This allows you to search in a specific section of the forum.
    Last edited by stupidgirlang; 12-14-2010 at 07:40 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Gyokuyou (female) (L1)Roy Mustang (L10)Mato (L2)
    Kuugen (female) (L1)Firion (L2)Gyokuyou (L1)
    Kagami (L4)Balthier (L6)Star 1 (Silver)

I have another point to make, and this really bugs me right now.
    When you use "advanced search" -> "Search Multiple Content Types" -> "Search Type: All types" -> and then you give in an username as keyword, the search shows you all the visitor messages said user wrote to others in a long list. I know that depending on your setting options, other people can't see the vms, but even if you are using the setting that only allows your "friends" to see your vms, the search list will always show whom you have written too. And it also shows the first sentence(s) of the message too...
    This condradicts the option to have at least a tiny bit of privacy here, which should be the original purpose of that option right?
    So all in all, my suggestion is to change the advanced search tool in a way that when someone's searching for a user, only that user's name and a link to said person's profile will appear. It shouldn't matter to others with whom we interact trough vms, but even if they are interested - and if we don't mind it - they can easily check our profile to see the messages there.
    I hope this can be considered in the forum changes as well.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ritsuka (L4)
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidgirlang View Post
    Did you click on the "Search Single Content Type" after you select Advance Search (instead of using the "Search Mutiple Content Type" which is the default choice)?

This allows you to search in a specific section of the forum.
    Thanks. I didn't notice that the "Search Multiple Content Types" is always chosen first when you click on the "Advanced Search" even if it's in second place. So, now I could find what I wanted. Thanks a lot for your help and sorry that I bothered you.

Busy Body

Savings

Rin (L9)Yukio (L9)Daisuke (L10)
    Allen (L1)

I have made the single content search the default advance search page since I think it's more used.

Busy Body

Savings

Rin (L9)Yukio (L9)Daisuke (L10)
    Allen (L1)

Quote Originally Posted by Himmelmez View Post
    I have another point to make, and this really bugs me right now.
    When you use "advanced search" -> "Search Multiple Content Types" -> "Search Type: All types" -> and then you give in an username as keyword, the search shows you all the visitor messages said user wrote to others in a long list. I know that depending on your setting options, other people can't see the vms, but even if you are using the setting that only allows your "friends" to see your vms, the search list will always show whom you have written too. And it also shows the first sentence(s) of the message too...
    This condradicts the option to have at least a tiny bit of privacy here, which should be the original purpose of that option right?
    So all in all, my suggestion is to change the advanced search tool in a way that when someone's searching for a user, only that user's name and a link to said person's profile will appear. It shouldn't matter to others with whom we interact trough vms, but even if they are interested - and if we don't mind it - they can easily check our profile to see the messages there.
    I hope this can be considered in the forum changes as well.
    That profile privacy restriction setting only applies to your own profile. It does not control if your VM's are visible on another person's profile page. People cannot see what others have written to you on your VM, but they can see if you wrote on someone's VM because that person you're writing on their VM page chose to show all VM's to everyone. Unless they also have friends only option, your VM's will be visible. It works similar to other social networking sites like facebook.

If you want no one to see what you wrote to others, use the PM's.
    Last edited by Dai-kun; 12-17-2010 at 06:38 AM.