aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Formerly Uchihacest
    Savings

Tsuruga (L8)Hyuuga (L5)(S010) Joker
    Mikage (L8)Ayanami (L5)Lelouch (L9)
    Shuuei (L6)Yoruichi (cat)Conrad (L4)

It's confusing!!

Okay I'll be honest.. since the forum upgrade, it's been a bit confusing to try find where everything is, but it's harder than I thought, to get used to it.

I don't know how to find the WoY groups, before you could reach the groups from the front page of the forum, now it doesn't look like it. I managed to find it yesterday, sadly I don't remember how :S

Plus now the front page is the latest news, which certainly is good, but I have to make an extra click to get to the 'forum' tab, but why does it look different from before? Now I don't mean the style or something silly like that.. I mean the threads etc. Before there was a whole thread dedicated to WoY on the first page, now I can't see it, is the game dead or what?
    Maybe it's being worked on, I don't know.

That aside it took me a while to figure out how to find my thread subscriptions, it was way easier before, or rather more obvious where it was. I noticed today that if I'm at the 'home' tab I have to press the 'Forum' tab and then I can find the subscription thingy.. but that's more clicks than it was before. Shouldn't the upgrade make it more easier for us or am I wrong?
    I'm confused :S

The other is...

what have happen to the cards, the bank etc? Will they come back or?

Smile, breath and go slow

Savings

Ayace (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)Canale (L9)
    Emba (L10)MeatBunYuuen (L9)
    (S067) Azumaya Junta(S054) Prompto Argentum(S076) SilverAsh

I can see it a bit confusing as the menus are not the same place, but in essence the same functions as previously are there.

There is a logic to access sub-menus/Functionalities specific to on section while selecting this section. And, that is right, previously the HOME page had a summary of all functions it was easier to find its way.

If I take your subscribed threads looking, they are accessible either from Forum>Quick Links or under Settings
    Regarding the WoY Thread, i don't know if it was one of the ones deleted by AArin... considering the game will not be up soon (at the end of Dai's task list if I understood previous message)

The points/bank/cards will be back.. but are not yet available... and I assumed not yet tested fully to be reimplemented in the forum.
    The update was necessary not to improve the user experience in itself but to comply with security and code stability issues... So this means there was more work background/back-office than just a change of the layout. An also, considering the new version coding is different fro the previous one, maintenance and update is less easy for the team...
    ... This also considering that they are trying to keep on the same functionalities that we had previously... and as some where add-ons to the main forum code, they still require to be merged and tested before being delivered to the users...

Going back to the confusion, do you think it could be useful to have a walk-through with screen captures and explanation to help users finding the way in the different menus and functionalities? I could try working on something... I already planned to change/update the one I did for the Fiction section...

[EDIT]
    Doing a quick search, I found this link for the WoY forum
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f272/

But it is labeled "Closed"... that is perhaps why it is not displayed... ???
    Last edited by angerbda; 12-07-2010 at 04:39 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Ren Katakura (L8)Ibuki Takahara (L8)(S013) Akihito
    (S014) KeisukeRyouta Sasamori (L7)Souma Yukihira (L7)
    Jack Frost (L9)Todoroki Shouto (L3)Genos (L8)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedLightning View Post

The other is...

what have happen to the cards, the bank etc? Will they come back or?
    Aarin has posted that as part of the new upgrade there will also be new ishop and banking features. Once the bugs have been ironed out, they'll be back. At present there is no ETA for it, but please expect an announcement about this shortly.

Formerly Uchihacest
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by angerbda View Post
    If I take your subscribed threads looking, they are accessible either from Forum>Quick Links or under Settings
    Regarding the WoY Thread, i don't know if it was one of the ones deleted by AArin... considering the game will not be up soon (at the end of Dai's task list if I understood previous message)
    [EDIT]
    Doing a quick search, I found this link for the WoY forum
    World of Yaoicraft (CLOSED)

But it is labeled "Closed"... that is perhaps why it is not displayed... ???

well I know there's this quick link thingy under the 'forum' tab, but I'm sure there are others out there who might be more confused than I am.
    Rule number one to make a website is to make the UI (user interface) accessible and easy to find. Because if some people find it too hard to try learn it, they'll leave.
    Back to what I was saying it's just my opinion and comment on it. It takes time to learn something new after all, who does expect us to learn it in just a day?

Regarding the game, I know it is closed, but what I was looking for was an easy way to find those groups. As it is now I have no clue what so ever to find them, without having to do a search every time. Even though the game/thread may be closed, the groups are not

Quote Originally Posted by Keita4ever View Post
    Aarin has posted that as part of the new upgrade there will also be new ishop and banking features. Once the bugs have been ironed out, they'll be back. At present there is no ETA for it, but please expect an announcement about this shortly.
    aha I see, I thought something like that was up. I just hope nothing will get deleted in the process

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

Hi TheRedLightning, I have temporary open up the WOY section for viewing only but it will remain closed for posting. I think that was what u were trying to ask for rite? Hope that helps.

Formerly Uchihacest
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by aarinfantasy View Post
    Hi TheRedLightning, I have temporary open up the WOY section for viewing only but it will remain closed for posting. I think that was what u were trying to ask for rite? Hope that helps.

yea that helps, it's way easier to find the groups there now
    thank you~

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Gyokuyou (female) (L1)Roy Mustang (L10)Mato (L2)
    Kuugen (female) (L1)Firion (L2)Gyokuyou (L1)
    Kagami (L4)Balthier (L6)Star 1 (Silver)

Is the WoY game itself working now?

Formerly Uchihacest
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Himmelmez View Post
    Is the WoY game itself working now?
    nope it's not, and something tells me it'll take a good while before it eventually will be back if it ever will that is :P
    though I hope it will, it was fun raiding and spying :P