aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Mordor
    Shanni: Like someone already mentioned, the reason why the colors wouldn't work well, is because if someone buys white color, no one can read it on blue fantasy for example, without stopping to highlight it all. (And if it's beige, I still couldn't read it since beige is my highlight-colour. So I would have to go through switching my highlight-colour just for that one persons post.)
    And if it's black or dark grey, then people on black fantasy can have trouble reading it.
    And blue and red are colours that really jump out in black fantasy, resulting some serious 'ouch my eyes'-problem.

And the only way that would be something worth paying for, would be that no one else could be able to buy the same colour. So basically, it would turn unfair to others.

As for the being able to buy more inbox-space. I have always been hoping something like that would come along, but contributors deserve some specialties, and that has always been theirs.

And I don't see it an excuse to wait for Dai. Even though this forum is Aarins, she has given Dai the play-rights on all technical matters, so all major upgrading aside from rules and iShop, are left to Dai for principle, as well as because he is most likely the best one to do all the coding etc. Just my thoughts

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

Quote Originally Posted by suhi View Post
    @Shanni: who needs newbies anyway - the forum is way too big already XD And I'm a donator also ANY additional feature will require more memory and Dai's presence even though I think that impossibility to do anything due to his absence is just an excuse to do nothing.
    I wish I can just say I can't do anything about things because of his absence as an "excuse". Then I really don't need to do Anything.

But no... that's not the case if anyone is thinking like that.
    I can only do what I am able to do and it is true there are certain things only he can do. I have spent many hours trying to find out to do things in his absence, failed in doing some but also succeeded in doing some. So whatever that's within my reach and able to do, I will do it first. If I really don't care, I wouldn't have used so much time and discussed/debated long hours with the staff over issues of this forum.

There are things that cannot simply be tested in his absence. Plus he is back though not always on, but at least he's not totally gone like for the past 8 months which really got us worried.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

@aarinfantasy: I understand that you can't do anything Dai can. But I'm sure Dai isn't the only person who can do those things. Especially since he's not well, maybe he'd appreciated some rest from the admin's duties (well, I have no idea what's his opinion on this, so I'll stop here, but there's one thing I'm sure of - you can easily find a temporary replacement for Dai until he recovers)

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

Hi suhi, I wish there is, but because of something that me or Dai can't give (certain confidential info), that's the problem. Anyway, I will still be learning more from him... as how I did, and never wanna pressure him too. Whatever it is, as long as the main objective and main function of the forum is not disrupted, then most of other things can wait?

My point on my previous post is that, I have been finding alternatives too, and hoping ppl won't think it's an excuse to do nothing. Because having to hear that is really sad from where I stand. Other than that, I thank you for your suggestion and thought for Dai too. He's getting better now btw, just spoke to him today - but I didn't ask him about any forum things (haha obviously).

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

I see. I was rude, I apologize for that. You're right, since the forum main functions aren't affected, minor things can wait.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Itachi (L10)Deidara (L4)Pain (L10)
    Suigetsu (L4)Kira (L9)Byakuya (L7)
    Sasori (L3)Itachi (L5)Neji (L2)
    @aarin: Relaaaaaxxxx. ^_^ You and Dai and the other staff are doing a great job in such difficult circumstances and we loves you for it.

As for my idea...what about spending points on titles? I see lots of members with full yaoi-meters, which gives them the title of "Extreme Yaoi Guru" underneath their username, and I've been thinking that we could maybe expand on that idea a little bit. We could change it so that Yaoi Lover, Extreme Yaoi Guru, whatever, could become someone's rank on the site, and that would free up space for members to purchase individual titles for themselves.

The prices for titles could vary as much as the icards prices, with silly titles like "Street Urchin" or "Jester" being really cheap; nicer titles like "Knight" or "Ninja" could be more expensive, and impressive titles like, "Emperor," "Grandmaster," or "Goddess," being outrageously pricey. >:P

It's seems pretty simple. It's just adding some extra words by each user's username, right? And as cool as it is to be declared a Extreme Yaoi Guru, there are so many people on this site that have reached that status. It just seems like the addition of some individuality would be nice. I've even seen some of the mods and admins doin' something like this already.

And just think of the possibilities for complexity! You could sell combination titles! I'm gonna steal from my above example and say that you could purchase the title of "Goddess" for a couple bajillion points, and then leave it like that. But you could also purchase a prefix or suffix separately, such as "Yaoi-", so that your title would read, "Yaoi Goddess." Depending on the number of titles and affixes made available, it could potentially add a great deal of customization for individual members. There could even be unique titles, or titles made available with extremely limited stock.

So I think we should keep the ranking system and the yaoi-meters and stuff, and just add this for fun...maybe. ^.^

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    With The Doctor and Captain Jack...All over the TARDIS
    Savings

Spacer 1Sephiroth (L12)Spacer 1
    Zack (L10)Cloud (L9)Sephiroth (L8)
    Sherlock Holmes (L9)Skull 1John Watson (L9)

aarinfantasy, I like the idea of the points bank to get increases sig sizes (though personally, I do not like larger sigs for my own use)

I really like the idea of being able to use points to purchase a custom title. It could be a one-time only thing and let it be very expensive - 25million or so. Personally, I would use up all my points to create a unique title if I could ...but that is just me^^

I know suhi was joking about paying for forum functions but I think there could be a one-time charge for increasing PM box size and maybe a point charge to increase profile album sizes? 25million for 50 extra PM storage would be worth it.

btw- When are you gonna re-cap the savings limit? I have been receiving extra interest for the past 2 weeks or so and it is making a significant difference in my points total already.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

DS_002_(1)topleftMeier Link (L9)DS_002_(5)bottommid
    Pain (L13)DS_002_(6)bottomright(Event) Forum - Levi
    RyukDS_002_(4)bottomleftCatbus

vBulletin allows full layout customization (user by user) and Custom user titles. You could make these a paid (with points) feature.

Mordor
    The custom titles have been something that staff-members have had as their privilege. I think it should be kept that way, but that's just my personal opinion

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

I tend to not be a fan of privilege >.> Being a staff member isn't something you can't really aspire to since it's totally based on luck on being picked. So it seems a little unfair to have a feature that no one can ever aspire to. But privilege is all about unfairness; I mean, that's sort of the definition of it.

There's no cap on savings again??
    Last edited by Artemis Moonsong; 09-11-2010 at 03:21 PM.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast