aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Daisuke (L10)Sanzo (L10)Sousuke (L5)
    (S010) Joker(S009) Havi(S006) Klaus
    (S008) Shuichi(S007) RebornKazuki (L7)

Red face Social Group Leader Messaging

As the leader of a couple social groups, I have often found the need to announce various issues to the whole of the group. Right now, I am leading the aaringuys but I have no way of REALLY making sure everyone gets the messages, as they have to remember to visit the social group pages or have selected to receive notifications/subscriptions.

I need/want either for social group threads to be automatically subscribed for social group members when they join (Not email notification, just UserCP notification) OR a way to PM the entire group (a group-leader-only power). This would assist those of us who lead large groups in keeping our groups active.

Mordor
    I think the mass-PMing might be too hard to do, but automatic subscriptions might be doable. As long as a member can delete the subscription if they wish not to get it after they've joined.
    People who are interested in social groups, usually do check in from time to time after they have joined. Not all members who have joined in social groups, actually are even interested in participating. Groups like Aaringuys, can make people who don't even care what goes on in there join, because it also works as a statement to whoever visits their profile. And not every member is even active on the forum, so even though members would start getting auto-notifications, it might take months before they log in and notice it. So even if auto-subscription can be done, it doesn't mean people would start following the group again or become active.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Daisuke (L10)Sanzo (L10)Sousuke (L5)
    (S010) Joker(S009) Havi(S006) Klaus
    (S008) Shuichi(S007) RebornKazuki (L7)

@Amaterasu- I hadn't heard of that issue. Hm. The main idea isn't necessarily keeping people active but making sure that if everyone *NEEDS* to be informed of REALLY important things, there is currently no way to do that. (I.e. not something for use for periodic updates necessarily)