aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kyouya (L3)KumaguroMiyagi (L5)
    Iwaki (L6)Dee (L3)Gojyo (L1)
    Jin (L5)Japan (L4)Germany (L1)

Card Game and Marketplace

Thought for some ideas, maybe a Triple Triad (FF8) type card game for the cards. Just so it isn't fair for people with tons of money/lvl 10 cards we'd have to have a limit to it. I think you get 5 cards to pick from (your card stock) and you state card limitation rules in case you only have one lvl 10 and your opponet has like 4 so it's not unfair.
    I know this would take a great deal of work though. Setting up the rules and what not.

A marketplace
    To sell the cards you don't want. Instead of only getting half or whatever the shop gives back maybe make a little more on it, or if it's out of stock make a bit more with points. Just a thought, even though the forums are good with this I thought maybe it would be interesting to have a marketplace. Best example I can give is that LIKE Gaia Online only with the 2% point deduction cause I don't see a point in that XD

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

There is no way I can make a game like Triple Triad (from FF8) from the forum iShop.
    For those who are curious, the cards Levels are indeed inspired from FF8's Triple Triad (because I am a huge fan of Final Fantasy). I know the FF8's card rules very well too, and wished we can make a game like that. But unfortunately, it is not possible as of now. It's mainly for collection for now, or like I did for the Mascot Card Battle contest: Having the cards in inventory as a criteria to enter that contest. We are still thinking what can be done, but for Triple Triad style, not possible now. I do know of online Triple Triads too, but those aren't forum based... so infusing it with the forum will have to be done extensively or waiting for someone come up with a script for it. Major major work for the script writer.

We do used to have a Marketplace for trading cards, and even some sort of Auction forum test by Dai-kun. It didn't really work somehow because people promised things and it was not traded properly - giving more and more problems for modding (when we can spend the mod's time on checking file sharing instead of spending so much time on card or trading disputes).

In short, the above suggestions had been thought of already or tested long ago.
    Appreciate your thoughts though.

~

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

You have now made me curious enough to attempt to script something like that and I haven't done that in a long time XD Though I was thinking more along the lines of it going under the contests so it couldn't be edited

Blue My hand (Germany = 1) (Gojyo = 2) (Kyouya = 4) (Japan = 5) (Jin = 5)
    Red Your hand (Luka = 1) (Yuki = 2) (Joker = 3) (Havi= 4) (Rangiku = 5)
    ( 1) ( ) ( )
    (3)(1) ( )
    ( )(3) ( 2)

ECT

Though we'd have to set up card values. I dunno just toying with the idea.

Or easier yet and more eye pleaseing I can draw up a template they can edit by placing the picture of the card over the board in paint and post it as a picture.
    Last edited by yourid; 03-28-2010 at 02:59 PM.

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1

The scripting part will be the hardest. The outlook will come second though.

Anyway I am open up for attempts on it if it can be done.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

If they just edit a picture and post it there won't be any scripting involved actually. Like a template to put the picture on. When the picture is turned then they'd have to rotate the picture though but that's how that would end up working. (Likes this idea more less work involved, easier, probably look better maybe, and there won't be any script issues with it for the mods to fix if one should occur cause that would be impossible XD)

Though I'll see if I can whip up something script base.
    LvL 1 Values - 5% working on I
    LvL 2 Values - 0%
    LvL 3 Values - 0%
    LvL 4 Values - 0%
    LvL 5 Values - 0%
    LvL 6 Values - 0%
    LvL 7 Values - 0%
    LvL 8 Values - 0%
    LvL 9 Values - 0%
    LvL 10 Values - 0%
    LvL mascot Values - 1%
    LvL special Values - 1%

Board template- 100% COMPLETE
    Making the Board visually appealing:
    Last edited by yourid; 04-11-2010 at 08:00 AM. Reason: what work I'm doing at the moment

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1

Will let this stay on here as Suggestion till Dai-kun comes back to see this.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Sorry I was away for a bit but I got down to the I part in the lvl 1 cards. I can't wait to get to the lvl 2 cards and go downhill. I never realized how many cards there really were till now XD

If push comes to shove and we can't figure out how to script this then I'll just run forum games with it later. Until then I'll continue this.
    Last edited by yourid; 04-11-2010 at 08:03 AM.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Sion (L4)James (L1)Nezumi (L3)
    Shirasagi IB (L8)Karasu IB (L8)Cecil (L1)
    Genji (L1)Yue (L9)Fei Long (L10)
    Quote Originally Posted by yourid View Post
    A marketplace
    To sell the cards you don't want. Instead of only getting half or whatever the shop gives back maybe make a little more on it, or if it's out of stock make a bit more with points.
    Wouldn't want to go back there, there was a time when it existed and people deliberately bought all remaining stock of some cards to auction them off at a premium on the basis of them being out of stock.

If the "no more than one card of each" rule that was put in place at the time still holds I guess it wouldn't be as bad though, especially now that we can expect semi-regular restocks (which were introduced back then too, partly to make such "speculation" even by an organized group of users basically futile, IIRC).

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Their would probably be point rules

scary momma set addict

Savings

Shihoudani (L4)Illumi (L9)Makishima Yuusuke (L7)
    Kasamatsu (L7)Masrur (L8)Hiko Seijuro (L10)
    Suzuya Jūzō (L8)(S046) Kogitsunemaru(S064) Toono Takashi

Quote Originally Posted by Catylyrn View Post
    Wouldn't want to go back there, there was a time when it existed and people deliberately bought all remaining stock of some cards to auction them off at a premium on the basis of them being out of stock.

If the "no more than one card of each" rule that was put in place at the time still holds I guess it wouldn't be as bad though, especially now that we can expect semi-regular restocks (which were introduced back then too, partly to make such "speculation" even by an organized group of users basically futile, IIRC).
    you currently CAN sell your cards in the shop section for a set value of points if you dont want it anymore and don't want to sell it back to the shop, just the same as some one can post a request to buy a card for a set value of points

but you cannot auction them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast