aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Yang Wen-Li (L2)Kusuriuri (L10)Haji (L5)
    Cloud (L9)Lady Oscar (L2)Seto (L7)
    Pray for JapanElizabethWolfwood (L10)

The Gender Issue

Let's debate it on this thread instead

That's my suggestion. Making it available to those that want to reveal their gender it's only fair.

Mordor
    Since those who want to reveal their gender can make it visible by adding it on signature, or about me-section on profiles etc. I see no problem with the sites policy to not to ask it.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Last edited by melodysnow; 04-25-2010 at 01:46 PM.

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Gojo Satoru (L9)Starrk (L9)Theodore (L2)
    November (L8)Thane Krios (L7)Munechika (L9)
    Kirishima Zen (L10)Kakashi (L8)Dino (L9)

I agree with Mor, there are plenty of ways for aarin members to show their genders without making some kind of official profile or postbit field for it.

And like melodysnow said, if you really want to find out what a particular member's gender is, all you have to do is ask. I'm sure they likely won't be offended.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Shiki R (L6)Saber (L10)Ayase (L8)
    Ai Enma (L8)Yuuki (L9)Soubi (L10)
    Rukia (L10)Xmas (013)Pray for Japan

Quote Originally Posted by commonlogic View Post
    I agree with Mor, there are plenty of ways for aarin members to show their genders without making some kind of official profile or postbit field for it.

And like melodysnow said, if you really want to find out what a particular member's gender is, all you have to do is ask. I'm sure they likely won't be offended.
    Yeah, but when quoting someone (like I'm doing), I don't know if I should use he or she. I won't wait for that person to reply a PM or VM to write my post... O.o Not even check in his/her posts to see which gender he/she is...

And if I use one of it randomly, "he" for example, it will often be a "she" (or the inverse). It's just annoying cause that person will then say "Hey, I'm a girl!!!" Simply annoying... I guess I should use "it" if I don't know the gender... O.o

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Gojo Satoru (L9)Starrk (L9)Theodore (L2)
    November (L8)Thane Krios (L7)Munechika (L9)
    Kirishima Zen (L10)Kakashi (L8)Dino (L9)

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOfTheWinds View Post
    Yeah, but when quoting someone (like I'm doing), I don't know if I should use he or she. I won't wait for that person to reply a PM or VM to write my post... O.o Not even check in his/her posts to see which gender he/she is...

And if I use one of it randomly, "he" for example, it will often be a "she" (or the inverse). It's just annoying cause that person will then say "Hey, I'm a girl!!!" Simply annoying... I guess I should use "it" if I don't know the gender... O.o
    There need to be more gender-neutral pronouns, really. "It" is definitely an object, not a person. So it's more the fault of the English language than anything ;D

I totally get where you're coming from. In that situation, I generally just avoid writing in a way where I need to use "she" and "he" and just refer to people by their screen names. Or I use "they" even though it's gramatically incorrect.

I guess it's just not that important to me because I don't really care if people mess up and call me "he." It's kind've a running joke with some of my friends that people around here who don't know me very well often assume that I'm male. XD

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Last edited by melodysnow; 04-25-2010 at 01:46 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Asami (L12)Heart 4 (Rainbow)Akihito (L11)
    (Event) Forum - DoumekiHeart 6 (Devil)(Event) Forum - Yashiro
    (Event) Forum - Victor NikiforovHeart 1 (Blue)(Event) Forum - Yuri Katsuki

Quote Originally Posted by commonlogic View Post
    There need to be more gender-neutral pronouns, really. "It" is definitely an object, not a person. So it's more the fault of the English language than anything ;D

I totally get where you're coming from. In that situation, I generally just avoid writing in a way where I need to use "she" and "he" and just refer to people by their screen names. Or I use "they" even though it's gramatically incorrect.

I guess it's just not that important to me because I don't really care if people mess up and call me "he." It's kind've a running joke with some of my friends that people around here who don't know me very well often assume that I'm male. XD
    I don't see why this has become an issue I just put both if I feel unsure, i.e. he/she--him/her---his/hers.

There are more issues that worth taking time discussing here, imo--like---how to get every members who are able to at least donate some of their pocket money to Aarinfantasy so this site can continue keep up with their wonderful subs for fans.

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

Yoko (L4)Axel (L4)Masamune (L1)
    Itoshiki (L1)Shizuo (L2)Mikage (L8)
    (S010) JokerBadou (L1)Zack (L8)
    I'm one of those who would like for my gender to be available on the forums.
    For those who don't want it, just ignore it. It won't be compulsory.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Quote Originally Posted by aquamarineAngel View Post
    I'm one of those who would like for my gender to be available on the forums.
    For those who don't want it, just ignore it. It won't be compulsory.
    Yup, agreed; if you don't like it, just don't fill it out, and there will be no gender sign for you

I really dislike when people argue against a suggestion by saying, "It's really not important," because what they mean is, "It's really not important to ME," which ignores the fact that it is something that may be important to other members of the community.

I used to have "AarinGirl" in my signature, but then I realized that was silly because I'm not a girl anymore, so I put "AarinGoddess" (playing on my nick), but that made me seem very erudite and conceited, so then I nixed it altogether. Plus with the signature line limits I don't really even have room for it.

All I'd ask for is a simple symbol, maybe under my username, indicating my gender For those who have no desire to display their gender, then no symbol would appear.

We could even have a contest to design the symbols, which would not have to simply constitute "male" and "female" but perhaps someone could even design a "gender neutral" symbol, or an infinite variety of choices.

I have supported a lot of suggestions on this forum that were of no interest to me, but that I felt would enhance the forum experience and make many forumers very happy. So think about your fellow forumers before immediately agreeing or nay-saying a suggestion

EDIT: Also, the thing about donating pocket money ... ahh, you know, not everyone has pocket money; some of us are living paycheck to paycheck At one point, I had the means to contribute, but I no longer have that means. I'm sure everyone who donate does so because they can, and those who don't, would if they could!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast