aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Formerly Uchihacest
    Savings

Tsuruga (L8)Hyuuga (L5)(S010) Joker
    Mikage (L8)Ayanami (L5)Lelouch (L9)
    Shuuei (L6)Yoruichi (cat)Conrad (L4)

Lightbulb Easier to navigate

I've been thinking of this for a while now, the forum has it but the groups do not, let's see if I can explain
    anyway, in the forum at the top of each page there's this navigation to each page of the posted thread, and even when you're in a thread to (the one showing how many pages there is, and if there's many pages it usually says "last page" in a bold link)
    I miss that navigation in the groups at the top of each sub thread in the groups, as it now, I have to scroll down the whole first page, to click at the bottom of the page to get to the last page, and I think it's a bit annoying, why can't there be an easier navigation at the top as well in the groups?
    Since it's always the first page which pops up, and you read the most recent post on the last page, and I want to get to the last page quickly cause I've read that first page like zillion of times now and some of it gets boring to see over and over again
    I hope this isn't too hard to make happen, it would make it a lot easier to navigate even with those who have slow internet and computers, it would save some time

Nether Horizon

Savings

Luffy (L10)(Event) Forum - LawZoro (L10)
    DalekNaruto Sage (L10)TARDIS
    (Event) Forum - Rayflo(S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S060) Kousuke Ooshiba

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you - but what you're suggesting should already be possible.

Say you're viewing the group...

-- there's a list of all the most recent discussions (threads)... you should be able to click the double arrow button on the far right... you know by where it displays the poster and date of the most recent reply/post in that discussion.

Clicking that double arrow
    takes you directly to the most recent page+post of that discussion. Otherwise - it's simply a matter of scrolling to the bottom of a thread for the page navigation - as you said.

Naturally, I'm not saying that Daikun wouldn't add that extra thing if he ever has the time and is so inclined...

With the option of getting to the most recent post from the group index by the simple click of a button, I can see how not having page navigation both at top and bottom of the discussion might be a minor annoyance but not such a huge hindrance to users.

... that is - if I'm understanding you correctly...
    Last edited by Miko; 12-21-2009 at 07:06 PM.

Formerly Uchihacest
    Savings

well that's not really what I was trying to say, okay I took some screencaps, after all pictures say more than words

this is what you see at the bottom of each group when you open it, and scroll down and it's the "pages 1 of x, 1,2,3, >" that thingy I'm talking about..

And here is the top of the same group first page where you see all the threads made in the group, there's no navigator there, why?

and this is what you see if you open a thread in the group which have many pages, then you first comes to the first page, and have to scroll down to get to the last and recent page..

I just wish there were a navigator at the top here as well, like it is in the forums, why aren't there in the groups as well?

White Butterfly

Savings

Akira (L1)Otoya (L5)Hollow Ichigo (L9)
    Sasuke (L7)Hisoka (L9)Aizen L1 [G]
    Ace L1 [G]Ryoga (L5)DS_003_(4)bottomleft

Hi

That's how it is in the default installation of Vbulletin. Of course, it can be added by Dai if he wishes so.

Formerly Uchihacest
    Savings

Then I hope he could take that trouble to make it happen, cause I think it's a bit of a "hassle" to have to scroll down a whole page full of long posts to be able to get to the last page where the recents posts are, and if it's impossible to make it happen well then that's that I guess..
    after all I'm only suggesting, I've been annoyed/thinking about this for some time now, and I don't know how much extra work it'll create to the servers either or to Dai for that matter :/
    but thanks for your answers, I guess it's just to wait and see what'll happen then?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Shiki R (L6)Saber (L10)Ayase (L8)
    Ai Enma (L8)Yuuki (L9)Soubi (L10)
    Rukia (L10)Xmas (013)Pray for Japan

I agree with TheRedLightning. There should be a navigation bar at the top of the group thread, like there is for the forum threads. I wouldn't mind if the last page was popping up, but it's in every group's thread, and it's a big annoyance. That's why I've stopped reading most of them!

Busy Body

Savings

Rin (L9)Yukio (L9)Daisuke (L10)
    Allen (L1)

I believe the reason got to do with the number of threads/discussions compared to forums and social groups. As with forums you view 20+ threads including stickies so it would be wise to have that at the top too. As for SG, there's only 10 discussion threads per view. But if you want it, then kriska can try to add it, even though I'm not sure if she knows how, but this could be a good experience for her!

Formerly Uchihacest
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Dai-kun View Post
    I believe the reason got to do with the number of threads/discussions compared to forums and social groups. As with forums you view 20+ threads including stickies so it would be wise to have that at the top too. As for SG, there's only 10 discussion threads per view. But if you want it, then kriska can try to add it, even though I'm not sure if she knows how, but this could be a good experience for her!
    well for me I think it would be hand when you click on one of those 10 discussions thread and moves into a thread, it's first there I miss a navigate on top, since my laptop screen is small I have to scroll down quite a bit to get to the last page, but thanks in advance, it would be really helpful it could be added ^^,