aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mordor
    If it really is that important to some, and possible in the forum, then maybe it should be made sometime when the more important issues have been dealed. But does it have to be symbol? Would a simple "male/female/other" work? We already have so much on our profiles and postbit, that even more symbols kinda take it overboard in my opinion. I know that this is not a big deal to majority, but to me it already looks too cluttered.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Quote Originally Posted by Mordor View Post
    If it really is that important to some, and possible in the forum, then maybe it should be made sometime when the more important issues have been dealed. But does it have to be symbol? Would a simple "male/female/other" work? We already have so much on our profiles and postbit, that even more symbols kinda take it overboard in my opinion. I know that this is not a big deal to majority, but to me it already looks too cluttered.
    Hmm, I prefer a symbol, but that is a VERY good point to bring up, since many others have complained about the "busyness" of the profiles and postbit.

Mordor
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Moonsong View Post
    Hmm, I prefer a symbol, but that is a VERY good point to bring up, since many others have complained about the "busyness" of the profiles and postbit.
    It's not a complain really, but there is a certain amount that my eyes can take before my head goes all dizzy. There is already so much going on, esp. now that we have the awards etc. there as well.

Just an idea to throw out, since so many don't want to put it on sigs anymore and want to see this happen (and Artemis MS always keeps going on about the expressing of ones personality) ... I used to run a forum where there was a possibility to add text under the avatar. I don't know if this is possible with this forum, but if it is, maybe users could use that as their gender-space? And add whatever gender-based statement there, such as Aarindude, AarinGodess etc. It would not be so strict that way, and those who feel like falling to the other-category could express something as well. (Naturally there could be a rule that it has to be used as gender-identifying of sort only, so it wouldn't go overboard.)

//And yes, I am still against this, but just wanting to make sure that if it happens, I could be nothing/other.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

If there is going to be an option, can it please be under the "About me" section. Is gender not part of that anyway? There's already too much stuff in our profiles. I don't see why people can't just write their gender under the biography section. There are already several people who do that.

Mordor
    Quote Originally Posted by melodysnow View Post
    If there is going to be an option, can it please be under the "About me" section. Is gender not part of that anyway? There's already too much stuff in our profiles. I don't see why people can't just write their gender under the biography section. There are already several people who do that.
    That's pretty much what I was saying too at first, but it seems that people are too lazy to hop in ones profile to check if it is there or not, when they are writing a post in some thread and replying to someone

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Miki (L3)Heart 1 (Red)Teru (L3)
    DS_001_leftDS_003_(2)topmiddleDS_001_right
    Star 1 (Silver)Love (01)Sumiya (L1)

Can't we take out that location info (I mean, how many fill in where they truly live?)
    And use that for stating whatever gender or thing you are? I guess some people might
    enjoy it but the postbit and siggie are already so flashy and big and all that, that another thing would be much. (a poll might be nice for people
    to pick)
    Last edited by kumi-kun; 11-21-2009 at 05:09 PM.

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

Pray for JapanTsuna (L10)Ginshu (L10)
    Bonten (L10)Wolfram (L10)Wolfram (L8)
    Wolfram (L1)Ciel (L9)Ciel (L5)

But the gender icons are usually tiny. It could be placed next to the online/offline and rep icons. No harm done.

tina21
    I agree with simplyme on where the gendering symbol should go...

and I think it is sth needed 'cos then there won;t be a need "hey i'm a GUY/GIRL" whentruthfully you have nothing to judge...

@Mordor when someone is in a hurry, and truthfully when I'm to post in manga threads I am in a hurry to catch my bus, you think I'd have the time to go to a profile to check on a member's gender there, instead of just typing away what I want to say and just have a quick post on his/her post...??? and these kind of things are little details to make our lives easier....

EDIT:
    @Artie I just hope that those that we'll use the neutral won't be "do I loo like a she/he to you" if you call them accordingly...
    Last edited by tina21; 11-21-2009 at 06:12 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Quote Originally Posted by tina21 View Post
    @Artie I just hope that those that we'll use the neutral won't be "do I loo like a she/he to you" if you call them accordingly...
    Well sadly we can't regulate people's personalities (I kid, I kid! ) so if people continue to bite your head off even after given the gender option, well, such is the way of things

And thanks, SM, that's an awesome place for the symbol! Great idea XD

Fuji
    I think people who throw a fit when you accidentally call them by the wrong gender should have their gender stated in bold red text in their signature with flashing exclamation marks. Just saying.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast