aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Nether Horizon

Savings

Luffy (L10)(Event) Forum - LawZoro (L10)
    DalekNaruto Sage (L10)TARDIS
    (Event) Forum - Rayflo(S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S060) Kousuke Ooshiba

Quote Originally Posted by Fey801 View Post
    On a related note ( spamming), I was just wondering....Could it be that some of the spamming got worse when awards started to be distributed for post count? If the worse of the spamming ceased when the post count was removed from the contest section...then it might be because there were indeed members who were trying to boost their post count in that section.

I will add that I do agree totally with the member who posted that spamming has a lot of grey areas and it's not just black and white. I also wouldn't consider spamming a reply to an answer that was judged strange or downright funny. As long as it's RELATED to the contest.
    This should be a non-issue now... since post counts have been disabled in that section.

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Sesshoumaru (L10)Sesshoumaru (L7)Kusuriuri (L10)
    Iason (L3)Guren (L8)Ergo Proxy (L4)
    Amon (L1)Kuranosuke (L5)Kyoko (L8)

I dunno, sometimes there are only a few graphic contests going on, but when ppl are in the mood, they tend to starts set contest, so 3 or 4 is running at the same time.
    Still I don't find it necessary to separate the two. I mean I know how lazy I am. I won't check out both places, I only go with a contest if the title catches my eye.
    And those quick games are also popular, you just have to start more from that. If write quick or game or etc. it will surely be popular. And a set contest will never be more popular than a haiku or a picture hunt contest.

tina21
    ok.... so what if we move the Set Contests to the One Stop Shop section???

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Dan Heng (L9)Joker (L8)Asami (L12)
    Akihito (L11)Loid Forger (L9)Sebastian (L13)
    Sephiroth (L12)Rei (L7)Makima (L9)

I like the idea of a separate graphics section for contests. I get really discouraged when I see that at least half of the first page is set contests, and I don't always look past the first page because it takes too long to load at times.

I also heartily support being able to hold an additional non-graphics contest. I see this as great because the contest section would be less cluttered and appear to have more variety, and people who have great ideas for a contest but can't due to their ongoing set contest can add to the mix. I don't care if it is only a couple of pages per section, I want ease of search.

As a person who occasionally wants to hold a contest, I find myself apprehensive to start one because I am worried it will get lost in the shuffle. I hate to say it but I think people just are too lazy to search through even 4 pages to see what is out there. Even I am guilty of it.

On a side note, I could care less if post count was removed. Yes, I wouldn't mind my post count looking like I participate in the forum at least somewhat regularly, but I don't care that much.

scary momma set addict

Savings

Shihoudani (L4)Illumi (L9)Makishima Yuusuke (L7)
    Kasamatsu (L7)Masrur (L8)Hiko Seijuro (L10)
    Suzuya Jūzō (L8)(S046) Kogitsunemaru(S064) Toono Takashi

I personally dislike the idea of separating graphics contests from the rest mainly because there isn't always that many graphics contests. true, right now there are a lot, but there are times when there are very few.

I would be open to having a section for long term contests and a section for short term contests (contests that last less then 24 hours with post count disabled, since usually those contests get the most spam), since that seems more reasonable, if we allow ppl to have one long term contest and one short term contest.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Quote Originally Posted by cabbit_girl View Post
    I personally dislike the idea of separating graphics contests from the rest mainly because there isn't always that many graphics contests. true, right now there are a lot, but there are times when there are very few.

I would be open to having a section for long term contests and a section for short term contests (contests that last less then 24 hours with post count disabled, since usually those contests get the most spam), since that seems more reasonable, if we allow ppl to have one long term contest and one short term contest.
    I still prefer the original suggestion, but this is a great compromise

7. n1n

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Gyokuyou (female) (L1)Roy Mustang (L10)Mato (L2)
    Kuugen (female) (L1)Firion (L2)Gyokuyou (L1)
    Kagami (L4)Balthier (L6)Star 1 (Silver)

Quote Originally Posted by cabbit_girl View Post

I came to voice my support for the original suggestion, but this is a nice option too! Both would increase the clarity of the contest sections.. Right now, I can imagine users searching for 'normal' contest and games getting annoyed at all those pages of set contests. So, whether it's a section for set contests or long term contests, both would be great!

Regarding the post count in the contest section, I think it should be put back again. People stop spamming if they really meant to, if you want an example just take a look at Zetsuai's haiku game

9. n1n

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Shiki R (L6)Saber (L10)Ayase (L8)
    Ai Enma (L8)Yuuki (L9)Soubi (L10)
    Rukia (L10)Xmas (013)Pray for Japan

Similar to this idea, why not simply add a prefix like "Trivia", "Graphic Contest", "Quizz", etc. when choosing the thread name!? Like we do for animes "On-going", "RAW Complete", "Complete"... Wouldn't it be simplier to add and more easier to browse the contests!?

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOfTheWinds View Post
    Similar to this idea, why not simply add a prefix like "Trivia", "Graphic Contest", "Quizz", etc. when choosing the thread name!? Like we do for animes "On-going", "RAW Complete", "Complete"... Wouldn't it be simplier to add and more easier to browse the contests!?
    This is also a great idea, and I feel could be implemented "along with" cabbit's suggestion

...Which I like more and more, because set contests really do belong with fanfic contests and other graphics contests, leaving shorter, "trivia" or "quick answer" contests to their own sub-forum.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Miki (L3)Heart 1 (Red)Teru (L3)
    DS_001_leftDS_003_(2)topmiddleDS_001_right
    Star 1 (Silver)Love (01)Sumiya (L1)

I don't bloody care what kinda different sections or labeling, etc there might be,
    I think any change would be nice because now some contests hardly stand a chance
    And if you don't care much for 24h contests or graphic ones, it kind of sucks now.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast