aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Pray for JapanJin Kazama (L1)Yoite (L2)
    Miharu (L5)Haruka (L5)Kantarou (L4)
    Usami (L2)Misaki (L1)(S006) Klaus

Manga Section Suggestion

Hello umm.. may I suggest something about the manga section? I have a suggestion I hope this works..
    The arrangements of mangas and doujinshis from A to Z rearrange them by scangroups I mean like this instead of manga/doujinshi arranged from A to Z rearrange it by scangroups from A to Z for example:
    ------------------------------------------
    A
    AarinScanlations
    B
    Bliss Diamond
    Blissful Sin
    C
    Countless Time
    D
    DPScanlations

Click the scanlating group then load page then A to Z manga list but the mangas listed there should only belong to that group and so the others.
    ------------------------------------------
    A
    AarinScanlation
    A-Z
    -Ai no Kusabi
    -Boku no Sexual Harasmment
    -Cathexis

So it's like a tree with branch I hope you know what I'm saying so what do you think?
    Last edited by yukino17; 06-10-2009 at 08:16 AM.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

I think most people are more likely to remember the title of the manga than the scanlation group that worked on it--I know I certainly am!--so I don't see this as a good idea. Furthermore, it makes it unnecessarily difficult to collect all the chapters of a project that changed hands while in progress.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by eliddell View Post
    I think most people are more likely to remember the title of the manga than the scanlation group that worked on it--I know I certainly am!--so I don't see this as a good idea. Furthermore, it makes it unnecessarily difficult to collect all the chapters of a project that changed hands while in progress.
    This could be another option on how you want to view the manga section by title or by scangroup because some mangas are not scanlated and we don't know who will be doing it and it remains untouched (RAW) so for me I prefer to have new option.

Oh yeah why not create another manga/doujinshi index by scangroups list from A to Z containg the the names of their projects so we could know who will be scanning new mangas and the rest.
    Last edited by yukino17; 06-10-2009 at 07:57 PM.

~Sugar Addict~

Savings

Pray for JapanGren (L1)Kusuriuri (L10)
    Spike (L8)Franz (L6)Shanks (L8)
    Sword (L7)Chiaki (L1)Urahara (L7)

That's what manga info sites such as Baka Updates are for. Check the scanlation group, browse here by title. A lot of ppl, when posting raws include info that XY scanlation group(s) will be working on the title, sometimes i go around and include such infos into the posts as well.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by kriptonima View Post
    That's what manga info sites such as Baka Updates are for. Check the scanlation group, browse here by title. A lot of ppl, when posting raws include info that XY scanlation group(s) will be working on the title, sometimes i go around and include such infos into the posts as well.
    Baka-Updates this is the first time I known it to be honest I go to the scansite one to another checking their projects so now Baka-Updates... ok I get it thank you but is the suggestion I asked before will it be granted or not I just want to know...

Busy Body

Savings

Rin (L9)Yukio (L9)Daisuke (L10)
    Allen (L1)

No it won't since it's a major change to the structure of that section.

We have to move all threads from the old section to the new sections if that's to be implemented. Also, we have to consider raws too. Where would they go? Do we separate raws and scanlated? It's something that takes a lot of planning if it's to be done.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Ok I understand. Thanks Dai-kun.

Busy Body

Savings

Rin (L9)Yukio (L9)Daisuke (L10)
    Allen (L1)

I'm still accepting other potential ideas regarding this issue. I know it's a big pain in the ass trying to find the fandom for those that don't show up in searches or new dj's that haven't been updated in the fandom list.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Hmmm . . . I think the problem is that when people are searching through the manga section, there are a whole bunch of different categorization schemes that can be used to define what they want, and no single one will satisfy everyone. I mean, one person could be looking for a specific title, another one for anything by a specific mangaka (or a specific scanlation group, evidently), a third for doujin in a particular fandom, others for a genre (fantasy, high-school romance), and still others for a fetish (bondage, shota) or just for anything that's a certain level of hard-core. Some will be willing to accept raws (or even prefer them), while others will want only scanlations. The search function works well enough for titles and maybe for mangaka (I've never tried it), but not all that well for some of the looser categories.

Unfortunately, the problem above isn't one that can readily be solved while retaining the message-board format. Cross-indexing threads are a limited solution, because not everyone remembers to post to them. Directing people to another site that does have the needed cross-indexing is likewise imperfect, because that site won't link to downloads here--once the person browsing for manga finds something of interest, she must then search Aarinfantasy to see if it can be downloaded here or not. The only permanent solutions I can think of are either forcing some kind of tagging on threads in that section only, or moving to some format like the fiction section or even a wiki, and any of those things would be a lot of work.

A couple of obvious questions, though:

How many people are there who read both raws and scanlations? Would the raws, in fact, benefit from being split off into a separate section of their own?

For those who read doujinshi (I, personally, don't), would it be more useful for you to have them arranged by title or by fandom? Would calving off forums catering to individual very popular fandoms (right now, I suppose that would include things like Naruto) be useful to you?

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Ace (L10)Luffy (L10)Hijikata (L10)
    Shiroyasha (L10)Rayflo (L8)Asami (L10)
    Mookyul (L10)Setsuna (L5)Mukuro (L10)

I think the manga section is perfect as it is.It don't see the point of arranging it by scanlation groups cuz I don't read a certain manga cuz it was scanlated by 'xxx' ;and it should be taken in consideration that there are also individual person that do scanlations(mostly livejounal users ) not only groups so it's kind of too complicated to do.It would be nice to see the doujinshi section arranged by fandom ... aldo it's OK as it is now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast