aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Veteran
    Savings

Izaya (L3)DS_001_leftDS_001_mid
    DS_001_rightL (L10)Jack NBC (L10)
    Wolfwood (L10)Sesshoumaru (L10)Riku (L10)

No holds barred thread

A freind of mine is a member and mod of another broad where they have something called "The Battleground" thread. In that post and that post only they can talk about hot button iusses such as reglion and poltics. The rules on it are anything goes in that post but what happens in that thread stays there.

I know to some it might sound like opening a door for fights and in fact fights do sometimes happen in the thread on my freind's site but they find it's a better way to let everyone blow off stream and talk openly then simplely banning everyone from talking about hot button iusses at all.

So might we be able to set up a place where we can talk a little smack and talk a bit 'risky'? After all much like the shoutbox if you din't want to go into the "Battleground' Post you would'nt have to. One could lurk and wacth the drama but not post. Another rule of the post was unless a person posted there they could not be attacked or dragged into anything.

Thanks for considering/reading this post (even if i have a feeling my idea is going to be rejected )
    Last edited by GeoffsGem; 02-13-2009 at 04:47 PM.

BANNED
    Savings

Rikuson (L2)Koumei (L4)Matt (L2)
    Abel (L1)Luffy (L1)Zangetsu (L4)
    S-W-double effing E-T. Where do I sign up ?

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Edward (L10)Soubi (L10)Ryuichi (L10)
    Konata (L5)Tohru (L3)Link (L7)
    Abel (L1)Allen (L1)Ban (L1)

Quote Originally Posted by candiedsex View Post
    S-W-double effing E-T. Where do I sign up ?

that is a persuasive argument.

although i think i am for this idea.. sometimes people need to debate things..it would be a good place.

BANNED
    Savings

Rikuson (L2)Koumei (L4)Matt (L2)
    Abel (L1)Luffy (L1)Zangetsu (L4)
    Quote Originally Posted by renaru View Post
    that is a persuasive argument.

although i think i am for this idea.. sometimes people need to debate things..it would be a good place.
    Sir and or ma'am. I am always in the mood to bust some whiney twat's chops. Turds like them need to learn their bloody place. In the corner, crying, and with a good slice of ducktape over their mouth.

Yaoi Fan

Savings

Pray for JapanLelouch (L10)Chaos (L10)
    Sephiroth (L8)Vincent (L8)Cloud (L4)
    Yazoo (L7)Kadaj (L8)Luca (L6)
    Two topics I always try to stear clear of in RT and VT.

I always end up in an argument when it comes to religion and politics.

Nether Horizon

Savings

Luffy (L10)(Event) Forum - LawZoro (L10)
    DalekNaruto Sage (L10)TARDIS
    (Event) Forum - Rayflo(S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S060) Kousuke Ooshiba

BG - You're asking for something that's particularly disallowed here because it would degenerate into pointless flaming - so that we would have a place here where it would be okay for that to happen?

I've gotta say - one of the main reasons this is the only community I stick around at is the fact that it has somehow managed not to degenerate into a hostile environment like that.

It's easy to say just have one place for these things but hostilities don't usually stay where they begin. People bear grudges and they tend to carry them around elsewhere.

There's a reason sensitive issues aren't allowed to begin with. Are those concerns now meaningless?
    Last edited by Miko; 02-13-2009 at 06:19 PM.

Yaoi Veteran
    Savings

Izaya (L3)DS_001_leftDS_001_mid
    DS_001_rightL (L10)Jack NBC (L10)
    Wolfwood (L10)Sesshoumaru (L10)Riku (L10)

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    BG - You're asking for something that's particularly disallowed here because it would degenerate into pointless flaming - so that we would have a place here where it would be okay for that to happen?

I've gotta say - one of the main reasons this is the only community I stick around at is the fact that it has somehow managed not to degenerate into a hostile environment like that.

It's easy to say just have one place for these things but hostilities don't usually stay where they begin. People bear grudges and they tend to carry them around elsewhere.

There's a reason sensitive issues aren't allowed to begin with. Are those concerns now meaningless?

I see what you are saying Miko I really do. Aarain is one of the most polite broads I have ever been on, and I think that's because of the people here not because we keep them from talking about certain things. I have faith in everyone here and I don't think things would downward spin into nastyness.

The reason I am bringing up the idea is because I think we might be able to find a middle ground between fighting and screaming and makeing all 'hot button' topics banned.

Nether Horizon

Savings

Luffy (L10)(Event) Forum - LawZoro (L10)
    DalekNaruto Sage (L10)TARDIS
    (Event) Forum - Rayflo(S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S060) Kousuke Ooshiba

I used to think like you too but experience has taught me otherwise. All I'll say about that is that there's a very good reason I've avoided the shoutbox like the plague and refuse to even look at it for over a year now.

I admire your faith in people though.

Anyway - at the end of the day, the issue rests with what the staff will be willing to risk/subject members to.

We'll find out soon enough, I guess.

Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

Matt (L2)Light (L3)Hiei (L2)
    Light (L8)Kanda (L4)Cloud (L9)
    Matt (L2)Noctis (L8)
    okay, i've seen a lot of people screw up

alot

a LOT

A LOT

but only one of those times has been on here. People aren't as immature as the moderators make them out to be. In fact, by strictly disallowing people to get their opinions out, it just makes them more riled up and likely to let it go in a bad way. I am an expert on that, unfortunately.

Anyway, why not take a chance? even IF, and that's a big if, it does degenerate to the mod's fears, what's really lost? A few pages of immature yelling that can be deleting snip-snap.

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Kakashi (L10)Iruka (L8)Katou (L9)
    Iwaki (L9)Yuki Eiri (L9)Sanzo (L10)
    Yamato B (L8)(S021) RikiSoubi (L10)

Well, there's lots of possibilities to talk in the Community Cafe, completely off topic and unrelated to yaoi, but the rules of the forum apply there too, as they apply anywhere else on this board. It makes no sense for a thread to be opened to purposely break all those rules that help make the forum a place that people enjoy everywhere those rules are in fact in place.

Secondly, this is a yaoi forum. While the Community Cafe offers a lot of freedom for people to debate topics aside from that, as does the shoutbox, we want to keep it a yaoi forum mostly. There's rant threads in the Community Cafe, feel free to open one, but the rule will be the same, open fighting will just not be tolerated here. There's enough places on the web where you can go to do that.

I agree with Miko, this forum is enjoyable because it is mostly a fight free place and the rules have been installed to preserve exactly that.

Gonna be closing the thread for now, can be re-opened if there's still a need to debate this. ~