aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hollow Ichigo (L9)(S012) Hollow IchigoAl (L1)
    Ichigo (L6)Ichigo (L2)Ranmaru I (L1)
    Akira TnC (L1)Yuuri (L2)Naruto (L9)
    Thank you so much Sawwie-chan! I wanted to get a copy of Ruff Love, but it was already sold out when I ordered. I know my friend has a copy from Borders, but I wanted one too.

You know, Deux has some good titles. If they were to sell some of them at Borders, they could make a lot of money, and keep on printing.

Maybe, if they get enough money, they could take on Viewfinder!

j/k j/k We know that'll never happen...

Ruby_Alexandrine
    Viewfinder is going to be a very expensive license especially since Ayano Yamane is very popular at the moment. Deux Press barely made it through their financial funk.

I am still looking forward to Cigarette Kisses. Too bad that they didn't beat NetComics to another Est Em title. I never heard of Est Em until Deux Press acquired Seduce Me After the Show and Red Blinds the Foolish which I enjoyed both very much. The artwork is not like the rest and is an acquired taste. The artwork wasn't bothersome to me because I enjoyed the plots in both mangas very much. Est Em was also a former student of Matt Thorn, who assisted in the English translation of both mangas.
    Last edited by Ruby_Alexandrine; 06-17-2009 at 08:23 AM.

LiuFeiLong
    I had bought Kano's mangas (Deux) from Amazon long before finding this thread, which were not on sale, and the price was almost the same, considering the publishing house charges additionally 8% for international shipping (EU). The books arrived in a brand new condition.

Ruby_Alexandrine, I wish someone could get the copyrights to re-publish "Viewfinder"! Right now VF volumes are sold at Amazon nearly $100 (in some cases more) each.

Edit: I just noticed their $5 list includes "Lovers and Souls", but the same title on the "Complete Library" page is priced $12.95 !?! Is this list updated? "Lovers and Souls" is amazing, in my opinion, and the one that made me fall in love with Kano's writing.
    Last edited by LiuFeiLong; 06-17-2009 at 12:02 PM.

Ruby_Alexandrine
    Quote Originally Posted by LiuFeiLong View Post
    Ruby_Alexandrine, I wish someone could get the copyrights to re-publish "Viewfinder"! Right now VF volumes are sold at Amazon nearly $100 (in some cases more) each.

Edit: I just noticed their $5 list includes "Lovers and Souls", but the same title on the "Complete Library" page is priced $12.95 !?! Is this list updated? "Lovers and Souls" is amazing, in my opinion, and the one that made me fall in love with Kano's writing.
    When it comes to the $5.00 special, buyers must place their orders via e-mail, and Elisa will attach an Excel file which is an order form that has the $5.00 prices.

As for Viewfinder, it will be re-licensed, its only a matter of time and who will have the big money to pay for the license.

LiuFeiLong
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby_Alexandrine View Post
    When it comes to the $5.00 special, buyers must place their orders via e-mail, and Elisa will attach an Excel file which is an order form that has the $5.00 prices.
    Yes, I read about that. I am just curious why this manga is listed both under their regular and their sale lists.

As for Viewfinder, it will be re-licensed, its only a matter of time and who will have the big money to pay for the license.
    How do you know? Well, it doesn't really matter as long as it is done.
    If and when VF is re-published, I swear I am going to buy 2 or 3 copies of each volume! I am not risking again having my copies gone missing and the publisher closing down the shop.

Ruby_Alexandrine
    Yes, I read about that. I am just curious why this manga is listed both under their regular and their sale lists.

How do you know? Well, it doesn't really matter as long as it is done.
    If and when VF is re-published, I swear I am going to buy 2 or 3 copies of each volume! I am not risking again having my copies gone missing and the publisher closing down the shop.
    Then ask Deux Press about it, they should give reason. Usually when a person buys more than one copy of a manga, they want to keep one and sell the rest at Ebay. Rumors has it that Kitty Media is gunning for Viewfinder yet I am sure 801 Media is not too far away in trying to get the license as well.

LiuFeiLong
    Naah! It's one of my habits, when I like something I buy it in bulks (same goes for clothes). Considering my VF copies were lost during move outs and vacations, and now they cost a fortune each, I've promised myself next time to buy double/triple copies.

Thanks for the info about VF rumours, and yes, I will probably ask "Deux" about the different prices -- although I have already got these.

Ruby_Alexandrine
    Naah! It's one of my habits, when I like something I buy it in bulks (same goes for clothes). Considering my VF copies were lost during move outs and vacations, and now they cost a fortune each, I've promised myself next time to buy double/triple copies.

Thanks for the info about VF rumours, and yes, I will probably ask "Deux" about the different prices -- although I have already got these.
    I see your reason now and you are welcome. I hope you have money reserved to purchase the same titles more than once.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Lan Zhan / Lan WangJi (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)YiLing P. (L9)
    (S029) Charles J. Chrishunds (Charley)(S027) Usami Akihiko(S028) Fushimi Saruhiko
    Loki (L10)Skull 1Tony Stark (L9)

I think the "Complete Library" is their official company list which is listing the RRP for the titles. This is the price of each volume of the manga as is printed on the back. This page was there for PR etc.

The $5 is on the direct to publishers order page. This is the price you pay for ordering directly from them. This page was set up for the sale.

I hope this makes sense.

LiuFeiLong
    Thank you both.

I see your reason now and you are welcome. I hope you have money reserved to purchase the same titles more than once.
    I did it for Kano's "Lovers and Souls" and I'm going to repeat it for VF once it's re-published. Scanlations are okay to see what happens next, but honestly you can't compare them to the original manga/book.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast