aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Expert

A nice dark cave in Middle Earth...with Ichigo and a kitty... ^^
    Savings

Ichigo (Vizard) (L10)Heart 6 (Devil)Grimmjow (L10)
    Grimmjow (L4)Ichigo (L6)Grimmjow (L6)
    Ishida Uryuu (L8)Lea (L8)Spacer 1

Question Sigs, Ava and Photobucket

Tonight, I couldn't do my usual "copy the link from photobucket" to get my sig and ava images changed. They are ones I've used previously (many times) and never had issues before.

I was getting 'INVALID FILE' errors no matter which set I tried to use.

So I saved my photobucket image back into a folder on my pc. Then I used the "Option 2-upload from your computer" and it worked just fine.

I hadn't been to photobucket in 2 weeks and was surprised by their new format. Does photobucket's new design have anything to do with the problem I had??

Anyone else having sig and ava copy/paste problems from photobucket? Any replies appreciated!

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Well I had an issue the first day they had changed the site. I had to click on each pic to get a link to use, instead of just from the main album page. I don't have any issues now with the copying of the links.

When you "copy" the link next, paste it and see if it's getting the full link or if it's copying the link at all. If you are getting the Invaild error, I have a feeling it might not be copying the link properly from PB.

In Love with Cute Chibis

Savings

Hongou (L10)Yuuya (L10)Kichou (L10)
    Klaus (L10)Taki (L10)Kagerou (L9)
    Wolfram (L10)Kazuki OTRFK (L10)Wataru OTRFK (L10)

I just tried uploading a sign using photobucket and I can get it uploaded.

Did you check whether the filesize is within the forum limit?

Edit :
    You just need to go over the image that you want in PB and click on the Direct link and it will copy the link.

Yaoi Expert

Savings

The direct link from photobucket still is not working for any of my sigs or avas. I've tried from both the main album page and by clicking the image itself to get the link. Nothing is working and it appears the entire link is being pasted (Twinstar's guess).

Ang-I know it's supposed to be as simple as you said. That's how I've always done it. All of my sets full under AF's limits, I have no doubt about that. Besides, I'm not getting the 'Remote file too large' error which is what you get when the image is too big. I'm getting an "Invalid file' error.

Maybe I'll make a new photobucket album and see if adding my sets to the new one, then getting the links from it will make any difference..... That's the only thing I can think of that hasn't been tried.

PS. Thank you both for your advice.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Well I have been finding issues with the new version too still when I try to go through the pages in my albums (it just keeps repeating pics instead of showing the ones that are suppose to be on the next page, or it will show a couple different pics but most will just repeat). So I think it's a problem with PB.

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Thanks, Twinstar. I hope you're right and the problem is on their end and they fix it some day......because I don't like storing all my sets on my pc.

I saved all my sets to pc, deleted them from the old album and then made a new album. Uploaded the sets to new album and.....*drum roll*......the direct links still don't work.

I'm just glad that 'Option 2-upload from your pc' is working fine. I'll mark this thread 'answered' even though we still don't know exactly what the problem is.... Thanks again!

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

You're welcome even though like you said, it's not fully answered yet Are you willing to try other sites instead of Photobucket? Maybe you can try that and see if you still have the issue.

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Sure...I don't do much of that stuff though, so photobucket is the only one I'm actually familiar with. Can you recommend one or two for me? I prefer sites easy to use/navigate.

***EDIT: And now, 14 hours after I posted this, the direct links are working from photobucket. Go figure.
    Last edited by gollumsfriend; 11-25-2010 at 11:24 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

in the basement of the AF.E.S.H.A. mansion with my chained and enslaved harem of bishies....
    Savings

Rukawa (L8)Sakuragi Hanamichi (L6)Sendoh (L7)
    Spacer 1Mitsui (L1)Pray for Japan
    Diva (L8)Tenzen Yakushiji (L6)Shiroyasha (L9)

ack. glad it's working for you gollumsfriend, but it's not working for me now. same problem as you, getting invalid file error. does that mean i have to wait 24 hrs?