aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Halite75

Problem Deleting Sent Messages

Earlier today I was trying to clear up some space and tried deleting some of my sent messages and I received this error:

After I got this error, I could no longer access Aarinfantasy at all for over an hour, so I just thought the site was having a problem or something. But then I went to the Aarinfantasy Facebook page and clicked on a link leading to the forum and it finally opened up. I saw by checking the New Posts that no one else had been having problems accessing the forum while I was "locked out."

I again went to my User CP to try to delete sent messages and the same thing happened again. Clicking on the Facebook link didn't work this time. I was only able to come here and ask about this by switching to Internet Explorer instead of FireFox.

I was able to delete my messages just fine in IE.

I did figure out that if I delete my aarinfantasy cookies in FireFox I could at least use this site again, but for some reason can't delete sent messages with it.

Seems like it is probably just a FireFox problem (maybe a result from the latest update), but I thought I'd mention it anyways.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

DS_002_(1)topleftMeier Link (L9)DS_002_(5)bottommid
    Pain (L13)DS_002_(6)bottomright(Event) Forum - Levi
    RyukDS_002_(4)bottomleftCatbus

Halite

I'm having 505 errors for the past two weeks accessing the forum and long periods of downtime and since I didn't see any person complaining I assumed it was something in my connection - in my case, the forum didn't worked on IE either.

My firefox is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pt-BR; rv:1.9.2.10) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10
    I dunno what version you are using.

I tested the deletion of messages in my inbox (received and sent) right now and it worked.

I'm still suspect that there is something strange with the forum because when I got the 505 errors and could not access the forum I tried several things including advanced things like change my ISP, change IP, try to access through non http interfaces and still got no response from the forum engine. (the domain was up and running, just the forum engine didn't worked).

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

I've updated to the latest Firefox, no problems going into the forum.
    Actually Firefox works better for me than IE when surfing this forum.

However, I do have problems myself coming in the forum when it's data backup time... the forum has tons of data to backup.
    Some time back, I couldn't connect to the forum and went to AarinFantasy Facebook too to ask if anyone can connect to the forum, they said it's working fine. So I found out it's my connection problem to some sites... and the next few hours, it worked fine.

I also cannot do a huge number of mass pruning and get errors too (so I can only delete like 25 or below post/threads/PM etc at one time). Suspecting there's a lot of data piling up everyday, so I will keep deleting things when I can.
    So Halite, try to delete one page at a time and see if it works??

Today I just discovered some error when deleting a user too, but the user got deleted just fine... is just that it's unusual to have a Database Error thing coming out after I done that.

Dai-kun is around lately, so I will discuss with him about this... we have several reports on this from others too. It doesn't happen to everyone though.

Halite75
    I was able to delete my messages in IE, but it gave me that error every time I tried in FireFox. The rest of the forum works fine in FireFox, it was just that one thing which gave me problems.

Here's the version I'm using: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.2.11) Gecko/20101012 Firefox/3.6.11 GTB7.1

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

Just spoke to Dai on MSN but he couldnt get on the forum now, here's what he said:

Dai says:
    they probably updated their firefox recently
    they just need to clear their cookies
    or at least clear the af ones
    i was looking over my computer the other day to clean out the old files.. i have so many it's ridiculous
    over 400 gb of stuff

Aarin says:
    but she said she deleted her cookies

Dai says:
    its a firefox problem then
    since IE works fine, its the browser
    or something on her end
    not sure if something specific triggers it

Halite, deleting ONE pm is a problem?? Or mass delete?
    Which ones you wanna delete? The entire Sent Folder?

Temporarily, I can delete it for you first through our Admin control. Just tell me which folder.

flaming tbag!

Savings

Masamune (L10)Heart 3 (Pink)Yukimura SB (L10)
    Masamune (chibi) (L2)Yukimura Sanada (chibi) (L2)Kojuurou (chibi) (L2)
    Shiroyasha (L9)Fayt (L1)Steve Rogers (L9)

I don't have any technical details, but I do know that the update before last (2 updates ago), Firefox was having some major issues with cookies in relation to CGI/PHP communication. I received many similar problems while trying to access other sites, and it was always related to cookies.

My suggestion is to make sure you are completely up to date on firefox version.. and, to always check the firefox website to see what bugs are being reported. If it is a buggy patch, I would use something else in the meantime. They're usually at least quick to fix major things like that so you won't be forced to use an alternative for long.

Halite75
    The most recent update from FireFox fixed the problem. So now I can delete the messages with no problems.

So issue resolved.