PDA

View Full Version : Fiction section comments cut off

Cheremonda
09-07-2023, 07:39 PM
Only shows 98 pages max
Comments on entries inside the fiction section will stop being visible after 98 pages even though users can still post comments.
One can view the last few new comments when clicking the "Go Advanced" button for replying, but cannot otherwise see past 98 pages.

Would like it if there was a way to show more than 98 pages of comments on posts in the fiction section.
Otherwise, would like some way to warn people that comments will stop showing up after 98 pages.

CrisNoWait
09-10-2023, 10:55 AM
Yeah, I noticed that a few days ago on a very big collaboration project with many authors posting their stories. It is a shame because commenting is a great social tool, and authors really need the encouragement. On this one:
https://aarinfantasy.com/forum/fiction/showentry.php?e=80461&catid=member&entryuserid=151406

I am subscribed to that page so I got the email notification but couldn't read the post on the thread.

fmkitty698
09-10-2023, 11:14 AM
Personally, I can see the first line of recent comments on the sidebar, but once I click on them, it doesn't show anything beyond page 98...

CrisNoWait
09-11-2023, 02:41 PM
Is there a way to fix this issue or is this just something authors need to deal with?

CrisNoWait
09-23-2023, 08:45 AM
It has been a while since my last post and I did not hear back, so I am posting again. This thread in the fiction section is a collaboration project that has over 900 posts, so that means authors who posted works beyond page 98 cannot have their work viewed. It feels unfair. Now as the creator of the original post, I could chapter each work, but I would still need access to the threads beyond page 98. Unless they are gone, deleted, in the cyber abyss. Very sad if that is the case.

The Eternal Ejaculation II School of Lust (https://aarinfantasy.com/forum/fiction/showentry.php?e=80461)

aarinfantasy
10-30-2023, 06:43 AM
Sorry I only saw this today, let me check on it...

UPDATE: I still can't seem to get it to work after changing a few settings and checking on options, so I will contact Tech Admin now and hope to give a reply asap.

UPDATE2: I have set the Newest Reply to appear first or as the first comment in the entry. At least this will display the ones you wanted to read first or read the latest replies. So for now I will let it be this way first, while waiting for Tech Admin's reply on this issue.
Do let me know if this is better?? (Will still work on the issue meanwhile)