PDA

View Full Version : Fixing a few iShop card name order errors

pikangie
09-19-2016, 03:50 AM
Particularly the Touken Ranbu character names...
Hello. I hope this is the right place to post about this, but I could not find where else I could post it...

Anyway, I noticed in the iShop, at least for the Touken Ranbu section (http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/afshop.php?do=series&id=539), there are some names which are in the correct order (Forename Surname), but some are still mixed up as being "Surname Forename".
I know Japanese names are normally Surname-first, but in Touken Ranbu even when written in Japanese their names are in the Forename-first format, because they are sword names and not human names.
Of the ones I noticed, it should be Izuminokami Kanesada, Shokudaikiri Mitsutada, and Heshikiri Hasebe.

I also noticed some are missing parts of their names, for example Yamatonokami Yasusada is missing his first name, yikes!

It's not a huge or urgent issue, but I thought I should bring it up if nobody else has.
It is a mistake that anime sites have been making for announcing character names in the upcoming anime as well.

Schneider
09-20-2016, 08:29 AM
It's mostly because majority of newer cards come from paid submission and the name that gets put on cards/description is what submitter requested in their forms. For e.g. it is entirely possible you will find same character has two cards where in one contains only first name and the other one contains full name. While it would be nice to have an order etc., I am not sure it's very practical to ask of admins (mainly aarinfantasy who makes cards) because the iShop is huge. I am sure if it's something big like character name being wrong altogether, for e.g. a character named roberta to be mentioned robert, those get reported quickly. If you see such names please do highlight them for quicker attention. The order of names being different doesn't bother me much because I don't think iShop follows an order as such. If you want to streamline them all, it might not even be possible because not 100% cards have their first name on the card palette (mostly due to character limits and such), so bringing everything to order would also include remaking those older cards that are not in order.

I think for something glaringly obvious like a character missing first name, it can be brought to aarin's notice which card exactly is it (name and level) and what the proper name is supposed to be, but I wouldn't expect everything to be fixed, just saying.

aarinfantasy
09-22-2016, 02:04 AM
It's mainly because some characters (Touken Ranbu for example) are called by their surname and some by their forename. So the card will show what's the most popular name they are called. And with that, what appears on the card will be listed first in the description so people will know what alphabet to find first. For example: Ichigo Hitofuri , people will look at "I" first because he's popularly known as Ichigo rather than Hitofuri.

Hope that's not too confusing ^_^;;