PDA

View Full Version : Various Database errors - mainly stickys

Araka
04-10-2016, 01:58 AM
Hey there,

not sure if I'm the only one but since recently I've been getting a few database errors.
I'm guessing Dai-kun is doing something in the background but thought I'd mention it, in case it wasn't on purpose.

Here's two screenshots of what it looks like. The first one I got when I tried to check the forum (which is now working obviously), but now I'm getting them everytime I try to look at any Sticky post. It seems all Stickys have that problem for me. (Note the difference in the address bar)

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag384/Araka/Other%20Private/Database%20Error_zpscvlxs1wh.jpg

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag384/Araka/Other%20Private/Database%20Error2.jpg_zps3liwhirh.png

I'm using Firefox 45.0.1
(Also, don't kill me if this is the wrong thread, it's confusing to find your way around the various bug threads, especially if you can't check the stickys ... :hot: )

Edit:
Nearly forgot. Before the forum started working again I got a generic XML parser error. Didn't take a screenshot as it basically didn't say anything other than XML encountered a problem.

Twinstar
04-10-2016, 02:17 AM
I have already contacted aarin about this and we will keep you updated. I don't think it is because of Dai. It isn't a browser issue either since I get the error on my phone which is not firefox.

Araka
04-10-2016, 02:58 AM
I have already contacted aarin about this and we will keep you updated. I don't think it is because of Dai. It isn't a browser issue either since I get the error on my phone which is not firefox.

Thanks for the update Twin.

aarinfantasy
04-10-2016, 03:08 AM
Dai has fixed it :)

Araka
04-10-2016, 03:13 AM
Dai has fixed it :)

Perfect, thanks. Stickys are working fine again.
May I ask what happend?

aarinfantasy
04-10-2016, 03:30 AM
Not sure why the sudden crash but it happened just now when the server runs daily backup.

Araka
04-10-2016, 03:35 AM
Well it happend before the daily backup, that's why I posted it in the first place.
Oh well, as long as it's working again. ^^
I was just talking to bronakopdin and she said she had the same issue a couple of hours ago.

bronakopdin
04-10-2016, 03:40 AM
true, but as long as it works again now, it should be fine ^^
sorry Aarin for the tweets, I was like "OMG the forum is gone >//////<" and might have overreacted?! :cutie:

aarinfantasy
04-11-2016, 05:14 AM
@Araka, ooh I see... then it's really more weird if it's before the daily backup ~_~

@bronakopdin, no worries. Actually, I prefer you informing me anywhere (including Twitter) so at least me or others can be aware of it. Not overreacting at all. Please do so if it happens again (hope not!).

Araka
04-11-2016, 05:25 PM
@Araka, ooh I see... then it's really more weird if it's before the daily backup ~_~

@bronakopdin, no worries. Actually, I prefer you informing me anywhere (including Twitter) so at least me or others can be aware of it. Not overreacting at all. Please do so if it happens again (hope not!).

It just happend again. The whole forum was unavailable for me. Same database error.
Not sure what's going on.
(also my mentions seem to disappear.. but I think that's unrelated)

Dai-kun
04-11-2016, 07:19 PM
I was working on the forum just now.

Is this still a problem?

Araka
04-12-2016, 01:28 AM
Sorry for the late reply Dai, I've been gone most of the day.
It seems to be working fine right now. Thank you for the update :)