PDA

View Full Version : Concerns re: msg after email change

kinsugi
11-01-2015, 09:10 AM
Message about account deletion after email change
OK, guys, all I did was change a dead email address in my account to a new email address for admins.

Then I got a scary message in big red letters, saying:

Now that you're registered, you need to confirm your e-mail address. An e-mail was sent to your account. Please verify your e-mail by clicking on the verification link in the e-mail. Unconfirmed accounts will be deleted every 7 days.

But I am NOT a newly registered member; I just put in a new email address.
And, more worrisome… I haven't received a confirmation email at the new address so I can confirm it.

EDIT: I have tried multiple times and it turns out that the first email address entry keeps changing back to "kinsugi" (the dead email was kinsugi) so the new email address is only shown in the second confirmation box.

Just… don't delete me, OK? I'm still looking for a place, and now my computer needs to be repaired… The DVD player stopped working last night and the touchpad is misbehaving. I'll have very little Internet access during repair.

It never rains but it pours… and yes, the rainy season is here!

Twinstar
11-01-2015, 09:00 PM
The email confirmations don't always send as we have noticed, but I have yet to see an account actually be deleted after the 7 days. I'll pm you to talk about this further.