PDA

View Full Version : "Newer" Instant Messaging category

sumire007
06-07-2015, 09:35 AM
While posting the Skype icon bug, I just remember the other "Instant Messaging" list and I think most of them are pretty old from the time: Msn doesn't exist anymore, ICQ is very rare in use, same goes for the others...Only Skype is in use from most people...
So I thought why not update these to newer social media from nowadays?
Like Tumblr/Line/Facebook/Twitter?

aarinfantasy
06-12-2015, 08:42 PM
Thanks, noted about this and will forward this to Dai-kun to see if we can do it :)

Dai-kun
06-13-2015, 04:35 PM
Queued to do.

sumire007
10-08-2021, 09:06 PM
Since I saw brona's new thread for a little card issue, I was curious if this suggestion is still in the work?:huh:
But overall I think the social networks I posted are the most used ones...maybe add Instagram and Discord too?
Either way it would be nice to have some kind of update of all other threads here, and everything else that can't be fixed/added just locked or deleted. :shy:

aarinfantasy
10-10-2021, 07:54 AM
Okay, I think I got the "Social Media" up for the Profile page, with the following social media available:
Twitter, FaceBook, Instagram, Discord, TikTok, Tumblr, LINE (Not sure if anyone is using Tumblr nowadays?)
Really thank you for reminding me again after so long. Back then, I didn't want to mess up the profile pages settings and many other things but since Dai was not able to be on or hard to reach him, I went on to experiment with some settings myself ^__^;;

EDIT: It isn't called "Instant Messaging" but "Social Media". I have set it to appear at the left sidebar or column as well, just beneath our username and above the Status of the profile, if any social media is added. If leave blank, it won't be shown.

bronakopdin
02-10-2022, 08:20 AM
Thanks for this!

I honestly stumbled over this new possibility BC I tried to look up how to get rid of the Skype icon below my reputation :wahaha:
I then took Skype off and added instagram and discord, but it can only be seen on someone's profile, right? Not like the little Skype icon that showed below the reputation on any post. Just checking if that's how it's supposed to be :shy:
(It's not so bad either way as long as people know where to find it if they want to try and contact so. outside of the forum)

aarinfantasy
02-13-2022, 11:23 AM
Thanks for this!

I honestly stumbled over this new possibility BC I tried to look up how to get rid of the Skype icon below my reputation :wahaha:
I then took Skype off and added instagram and discord, but it can only be seen on someone's profile, right? Not like the little Skype icon that showed below the reputation on any post. Just checking if that's how it's supposed to be :shy:
(It's not so bad either way as long as people know where to find it if they want to try and contact so. outside of the forum)

Yes, the newer links like to Instagram, Discord etc. can only be seen on someone's profile.
Unfortunately, for now... I am unable to change/update the icons underneath the Reputation of posts. :emoji_sweat:

bronakopdin
03-15-2022, 07:38 AM
Oh It wasn't a complain or anything, I just wanted to check to know if it is how it's supposed to be!
As I said it is great it got expanded to begin with! :D