PDA

View Full Version : aggressive sponcer?

nekkokitty
06-08-2014, 11:57 AM
agressive pop ups
Recently when I go to view a video there often is a game and media advertiser that blocks the screen until you click to bypass it and then it opens things in other windows on your computer. The first thing I figure is it will load cookies I don't want or worse trojans I don't want.
Is this an actual advertiser or is this an unwanted hanger on? and /or an issue of my own network on my pc.

As a user it made me un-easy.

Also I noticed this site seems to not have too much recent activity? or submissions? Is there a reason? I like the site and would like to participate in at least fiction area submissions content.

oh one last thing. Who created the wonderful kitti emotos I saw in the comments. I love them. Especially evil kitti.

Thanks for your time.

chillerific89
06-09-2014, 11:20 AM
Those advertisements probably come along from the videostream site it self so not Aarin but the video host/site the vid is uploaded to like for example Youtube and the like. Those sites probably have a deal with those advertisers that gives them money to run their sites, running a big site costs money after all. I am not sure what could stop the advertisements from appearing maybe a pop up blocker, I never looked into it because I barely hang around the video section of Aarin and if I do I am not that bothered by it.

And considering the activity on Aarin, well there has been a slight drought in yaoi anime the last juicy one was Vassallord which only had one episode. And the last big/long one, Sekaiichi Hatsukoi, was subbed by Horriblesubs and not Aarin so people seem to be no longer depended on Aarin for subbed yaoi. So with all of that, there simply is not much to discuss or to do on Aarin at the moment. But hey, there have been some yaoi anime announced for this summer I believe like Love Stage so maybe the forum will get more active again then.

As for the kitty emoticons I dunno havent seem them yet either but they sound cute! ; )

Twinstar
06-09-2014, 05:19 PM
chillerific89 is correct. The sponsors come from the host site, not aarin. There isn't anything we can do about that...

Activity has gone down and not much we can do about that right now either. A while back it was very active but just like chillerific89 said, there were more yaoi releases then. The activity comes and goes sometimes though.

The kitty emoticons are not from the forum. Members get them from other sites or upload them themselves to sites and then just use the links.