PDA

View Full Version : Automatic subscription issue

angerbda
04-02-2014, 11:55 PM
http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f27/t179587-automatic-thread-subscription.html#post4214029
As per this thread http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f27/t179587-automatic-thread-subscription.html#post4214029

:hi:

I've noticed for a while now that I get automatically subscribed to some threads I commented in, but did not press on the 'subscribe to thread' button. I had a look around in my settings to see if there was one concerning this matter but didn't see any... :huh: Is there a way to stop this from happening?? :O Thanks! :smile:

The settings for automatic thread subscriptions are under Setting>>My Settings>>General Settings>>Messaging and Notifications

Wah, finally a reply! :imc: :banzai: :lol:

Oh, I see~ But mine is on "Do not subscribe", which I'm guessing is the default one, since I don't think I touched anything in there... But sometimes I'd get subscribed to threads I commented like once or twice in them...?? :huh:

bronakopdin
04-03-2014, 03:22 AM
since Dids seems to not have come here yet: I have the same problem for a while, it seems I get subscribed to any random thread I posted in once
BUT
it seems those "unwanted" subscriptions only last if you actually go back there to check, they're not permanent!
a few times I didn't bother checking and was not getting them in my subscriptions notes
BUT THEN when I got back there to comment again, they reappeared in the notes...
I didn't check yet if they only re-appear when I actually posted a new comment or already when I just checked the newest comments there without answering myself

for me this happens mostly in the contests/auctions/request section and any General Anime discussion thread, but also in the whole community cafe I think... maybe even everywhere it's just that I'm not active in all parts of the forum but those mentioned are the ones I definitely know it happens

thanks for opening a thread for this :)

AlexiaLee
04-03-2014, 07:47 PM
I also get suscribed automatically to threads where I reply consecutively and my post get merged, for example this post (http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f31/t175417-ready-made-set-shop-p40.html#post4213921). After they got merged I checked my control panel and I was already suscribed.

I clicked the unsuscribe button then the subscription dissapeared succsesfully.

kinsugi
04-06-2014, 09:28 PM
I have ALWAYS automatically been subscribed to threads when I post, and I consider it a BENEFIT, not a problem! I can easily unsubscribe later when I see newer posts in the thread.

I don't want to have to click on subscribe every time I post to be sure I don't miss a new conversation.

IMO it's much easier to UNsubscribe from some threads than to have to manually add a subscription to all threads where you participated in a discussion. Unsubscribing can be done in one swoop on a single page when you review your subscriptions.

angerbda
04-06-2014, 09:53 PM
Looking at the different thread where it happens, it seems pretty random, and not specific to one or another forum/sub-forum.

I assume none of you are subscribed in general to the forums/sub-forums related?

It probably will fall under @Dai-kun ; hands. Doesn't sounds like a settings related thing, more a code related issue... but I can be wrong.

You perhaps can try to change the settings and keep it a few, then reset to the no subscription and see if it makes any difference.
I don't know quite what to do there. Is it a big annoyance? Do you receive e-mail notifications for it? Or is it just subscribed in your control panel?

Dai-kun
04-14-2014, 10:09 PM
Hm.. I have no idea where to begin.

Keep track of your posts, and see if you get subscribed to any thread without you doing so. Make sure you have the default options of not subscribing to threads you post in. Then post here when it happens (and what you were doing) and I'll keep an eye on your account.

Dids
04-17-2014, 03:24 AM
Haha, yeah, like kinsugi said, it's useful sometimes, but sometimes I don't really want to be susbribed to certain threads~ Well, it is easy to unsubscribe, but pretty annoying after you do it several times... =/

And thank you Dai-kun~ :hug:

Dids
04-17-2014, 11:39 PM
@Dai-kun; I got automatically subscribed to THIS (http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f114/t148913-sekaiichi-katsukoi-nakamura-shungiku.html) thread today~ :) I don't mind though~ :lol: