PDA

View Full Version : Database Error?

Yuuri Kirito
09-05-2013, 07:02 AM
The forum keeps on kicking me out
It has happened again. Something's wrong with the forums.
Even when I'm active around the site, when the page opens I'm already logged out.

gollumsfriend
09-05-2013, 10:44 AM
I occasionally get the "Database Error" when going to a new page.....maybe twice in the last week. I just hit the back button and then click where I'm wanting to go again and don't get the error a second time. I've never been 'logged out' of the site from it.

Yuuri Kirito
09-06-2013, 12:51 AM
I did the same when I encountered it for the third time last night. When I hit back button, the database error message appeared. Within seven minutes I entered my details for at least twelve times. Everything went back to normal after at least an hour.

gollumsfriend
09-06-2013, 01:26 PM
You say everything went back to normal after an hour......makes me wonder if this is happening to you during the site's daily backup?

I don't know your time zone to tell you when it occurs, but the site is generally down for about 30-60 minutes for me every night during the maintenance back-up which is usually between midnight and 1 am Central Time my time. If one is trying to jump about the site during this time frame, they won't have much success and will experience huge lags and probable errors from timing out.

Sorry I can't be of more help ~ :oops:

Yuuri Kirito
09-06-2013, 08:40 PM
The site's daily server back-up occurs at our time (Pacific time) during noontime and afternoon, and it's really rare that the error occurs at night. Besides, when you're active around the forums, even on daily back-up, it won't make you logged out every five seconds. I was logged out for so many times, even if I pressed the back button, there would appear the database error message and I had to logged on again.

No, it's okay. Thank you for responding to my queries. :) Hope that this issue will be resolved soon.

gollumsfriend
09-07-2013, 12:59 AM
I don't know tech-type stuff....but I would think if it were a site issue, more than one person would have mentioned being forced into log-outs every few seconds.

Maybe Dai-kun, aarin or a mod will reply here soon.

EDIT: Maybe instead of starting a new thread, you should add your information to the post that was already started on the same topic last February here: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/projects/issue-505.html You might get a better response that way.

s1257
09-07-2013, 11:27 PM
I get the same thing when I log in without checking the "remember me" box. If I check the box it doesn't happen.