PDA

View Full Version : Thread posts disappearing

TheDusty
05-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Once a thread page fully loads, the earliest posts on the page disappear.
Sorry if this has been posted before... I searched the issues using the keywords 'post display' and 'post disappear' and didn't find any relevant threads.

It has happened in every thread I have opened, except the ones with less than 20 posts on the page. When I open a thread, all the posts on a page will load (as seen in screencap (http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/TheDusty00/ExpectedDisplay_zpsf9fd335c.jpg~original) #1 of Erendis' contest thread) but then the earliest ones disappear after the page finishes loading (as seen in screencap (http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/TheDusty00/ActualDisplay_zpsab018cb5.jpg~original) #2). When taking the screenshots, I didn't scroll at all from when Erendis' post loaded (Post #1 in the thread) to when it and the next few posts disappear, as evidenced by Post #5 appearing right under the thread functions/toolbar. Several minutes after taking screencap #2, I manually refreshed the page (i.e., I pressed F5) and took a new screencap (http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/TheDusty00/ActualDisplaymostrecent_zps2d1ae95b.jpg~original) [#3]. More posts disappeared (Post #9 is at the top), which seemingly correlates to the total number of posts on the page; the thread's posts increased from 24 to 28 between screencaps #2 and #3.

As far as I can tell, this only happens on the pages with the newest posts. The older pages of all multi-page threads that I've checked still display without any problems. I've logged out of AF on all my devices (laptop, mobile devices), closed the browser on all devices (or deleted the browser from the multi-task bar), and logged back in to AF on Chrome, but the problem still persists. T_T

Other possibly relevant information: I usually never log out of AF. I use the latest version of Chrome. I have my forum settings display 40 posts per page, and it's been that way for many weeks, if not months. I was logged in and viewing threads at the time the auto-refresh was re-enabled on May 16th (around noon, my time), which was when I first noticed the problem.
Please help! :pushup:

laketica
05-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Yup! I notice this problem occur when you changed your settings to show a different number of posts than the forum default. When it does that auto-refresh every 5 seconds, it will remove all the posts before the... 20 or so... so like, your screencap 3, it starts on post #9 cuz there's 28 posts... screencap 2, it starts on post 5 cuz there's 24 posts. Does that kinda make sense, what I'm saying? But anyway, yup - I had this problem too, so I had to change the setting back to forum default. Consider bug reproduced! <3 *clicks yes*

sumire007
06-05-2013, 08:43 AM
That's also my problem atm. I think since 2 or 3 days already...
As The Dusty already said it happens only in Threads with new posts it seems.
I have the same setting as The Dusty: Chrome, 40post per page...

But just now I tried laketicas tip and it works! I changed 30post per page and then back to 40post and I don't have this problem anymore!

TheDusty
06-05-2013, 09:04 AM
TT.TT I tried changing to 30 posts, but even so, I could only see the most recent 20 posts on the last page of any thread. Right now, I have the settings at 20 posts just to make sure I can see everything, at least until I finish the contest I just opened. In another week or so, I'll try fiddling with the settings again, just to see if anything fixes it.

AlexiaLee
06-10-2013, 09:03 PM
[-]I've just came across the same problem. I can't see Nachi's post in this thread
It appears after I press F5 but then dissapears again.[/-]

Nevermind, I've just figured out what was the problem with this post ^^;;

Halite75
06-20-2013, 05:13 PM
I have the same problem. I have always had my settings set to 40 posts per page, but when I am on the page the auto-refresh feature makes posts disappear after I've been on a page for 5 seconds. :(

AlexiaLee
07-01-2013, 05:39 PM
[-]Now I can't see Lady's post in this thread
I'm still unable to see Nachi's post in the thread I mentioned before.[/-]

Fixed too ^^;;

sumire007
07-14-2013, 01:28 PM
...Has still someone this problem?
Now even with laketica tip with change the settings the posts in some threads are disappearing...:(

TheDusty
07-14-2013, 02:57 PM
As I said before, the switching from 30 to 40 post setting doesn't work for me... Any thread that has more than 20 posts in the last past still has disappearing posts for me, for either the 30 or 40 post setting.

Dunno why the status changed to fixed bc it isn't for me and never was since I posted this issue.

Schneider
08-30-2013, 05:43 PM
I use forum default settings and never had this issue.

Dai-kun
01-16-2014, 04:17 PM
I'll look into this.. so what I'm getting at is when you change the forum default # of posts to show per page, it happens? Anyone this is happening to that uses the default 10 posts per page?

sumire007
01-16-2014, 04:49 PM
As for me this happens only if I change the settings to 30 or 40 posts per page. Everything under 30 per posts works^^;

angerbda
01-16-2014, 08:24 PM
The default is working fine. So far, mention of disapearing was only when changing to other value than forum default

Dai-kun
01-18-2014, 03:16 AM
Hi, I have went and looked at the settings. Posts begins to trim when the page reaches 20 posts. I have set this minimum to 50 posts before being trimmed. Tell me if you guys are still experiencing this.

sumire007
01-18-2014, 09:13 AM
I changed the settings to 40 posts per page and went to those 2 threads I mentioned before and the posts doesn't disappear anymore:happy: It seems the bug is now fixed! Thank you so much Dai-kun!:kiss::hug:

TheDusty
01-31-2014, 04:19 PM
:yey:

I've been trying out 40 posts per page, and I've been having zero problems. I think this issue is finally resolved!!

Thanks so much, Dai-kun! *tackleglomp*